Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

I agree with Rikk that this IS one fucked up kid.How many battles between Mama Bertinelli and The Addict has he witnessed already? We don't know.

One would assume the Wolf has found a plethora of comfort foods just by his appearance.

But there comes a time in a young man's life when he wants to venture out away from Mama's protective skirt;it may be his decision to do this,and mama is losing control of her baby boy.
    Tiger Van Halen is being presented to the world. Now we will see if Super Gluing the guitar to baby Wolf was a good idea or a huge mistake.
    I guess we'll find out Mar.12.

Comment

• vh rides again
      Commando
      • Dec 2006

look at other high profile rockers kids

ozzy osbournes kids are as disfunctional as they come.

lionel richies duaghter is already looking like a washed up barfly and in the news for abusing drugs, shes probably fucked half the guys in hollywood. how old is she? maybe 25?.

there are more but i cant think of em at the moment.

on the other hand other rockers who are against drug abuse and that whole lifestyle seem to have kids who kinda have thier heads on straight.

i have seen gene simmons's kids on his tv show and they seem like they are alright people.

and ill bet a hundred bucks if ted nugent thought his kid was doing drugs, he would end up in a military accademy somewhere with a blackeye.

maybe im wrong , hopefully wolfie is a stellar student and knows the difference. hopefully hes reading this right now and thinking im a dumbass.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by katie
        Another no nothing thread from our resident moron LoungeMachine
        Another no nothing thread from our resident moron katie

Comment

• Ellyllions
          Veteran
          • Mar 2006

As far as kids knowing the difference between right and wrong at 15, or having the apron strings cut loose around that age is fine...but to set them afoot with the element surrounding a rock tour is just stupid.

They'd still cross a busy intersection at a green light to get to the lollypop on the other side of the road.

The teens are the most dangerous times of their lives.
          "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• bru87tr
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

again, I still think this is a stick it to ya via the media from ed to mike.

no way val allows it. I wouldnt!!!!!! I love my kid but if I had one of the biggest bands in the world, I dont care how talented my kid was. he could jam one song during a few shows but he wouldnt be thrown into the spotlight and be made a joke of in the media replacing the original bass player at 15. NFW!!!!!!!

this is an adults world he is throwing his kid into. I love my kid but the stage is where I would want to get away for a while. the stage is no place for a family till your old enough. 15 is not old enough.

val divorced ed for a reason. I doubt she is gonna let her kid go on tour knowing all those reasons why she left him.

I still dont believe it till I see 20 shows under the kids belt. its a stick it to mike scam.

but ed is beyond being a parent, he is obsessed with wolfie. looks at the 96' awards. "hi wolfie, hi, over here"

get a life!!! save the home life for home. rock is for the stage and grown public.

why would you want to stick your kid in front of the world at 15 , put that pressure on him and make him grow up so fast. I cant imagine val thinks this is a good idea.
            "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• General Hina
              Sniper
              • Feb 2004

Re: Wolfapalooza 2007, a Parent's Perspective

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
              ***Disclaimer***

I still am of the mind this whole thing is a spED king-hell power-play Mindfuck, and someone else will be touring

Assuming for a moment Mommy Dearest allows this circus to leave town......

What are The Van Halens' plans for young Wolfie on this tour?

And how would the parents in here handle it?

Will Val be coming along to look after young Wolf?

Can the first Van Halen Stage Mom Rider be in the works as we speak?

Does the Rider include Flintstone's Chewables, with all the purple ones removed?

Will spED demand Wolf take all of his groupies to his room, so as to not be a witness to The Heir's parties?

How much extra "staff" will Wolf be assigned? Tutor? You'd think if VALium has anything to say....

Do you think spED would allow him to tour with anyone else out there now? Or is this pure..."it's okay as long as I can keep an eye on you"

And then there's DAVE

Has Dave been given the Wolfie Ten Commandments yet?

Thou Shalt Not have chicks flash tits in front of Wolf etc, etc...

And most important..... How would you fellow parents handle this?

Being the father of 3, I can honestly say I wouldn't want any of my kids to Hit The Road for 40 days as a spectator, let alone onstage.

And 2 of my 3 have expressed a desire to be in the "performing arts"

Yes, the original CVH wasn't much older, but there's a WORLD of difference between 15 going on 16, and 18.

I just think it's a topic many of us can relate to.

Taking Wolfie on tour is bad parenting 101. Look for young Wolfgang to develop every bad habit his father and uncle have.

The whole thing is disgraceful.

Over & Out,
              General Hina

Comment

• katie
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Another no nothing thread from our resident moron katie
                Thread? I never started this drivel!
                You wanker! LOL

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie
                  Thread? I never started this drivel!
                  You wanker! LOL
                  You bore me.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• mickeba
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Feb 2007

First of all, there's a big difference between being on tv at 15 or 16, and being on tour with Ed and Uncle Al at 15. At least when you're on tv at 15, they make you go to school and they look out for you on some level. Not saying Ed doesn't love Wolf, but this is ridiculous. No way can a 15 year old be expected to perform on that stage. Like when Joe Frazier pushed his son Marvis into the ring with Tyson. He got destroyed! Living through your kids is one thing, but this is on a sick level. I can't believe Val would be thrilled with this, prodigy or not, and as for Dave, what a way to end your career. Playing with children, looking like a joke! As for Ed's idea of parenting:

THAT'S NOT PARENTING, THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!!!

mickeba
                    it's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!

Comment

• Ice Cream Girl
                      Roadie
                      • Apr 2006

Re: Re: Re: Wolfapalooza 2007, a Parent's Perspective

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      Teenagers. [barely]

And I don't KNOW WTF Val thinks of this, but what little I know of her, and her current lrelationship with spED, I don't think she's thrilled with this.

If she hated the idea, we would have never even heard of Wolfie being in on it because she could cry "custody infringement" since I bet they share him at least 50/50 if not more in her favor, so obviously, she's in for the =VH= $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

• bantonelli
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wolfapalooza 2007, a Parent's Perspective

Originally posted by Ice Cream Girl
                        If she hated the idea, we would have never even heard of Wolfie being in on it because she could cry "custody infringement" since I bet they share him at least 50/50 if not more in her favor, so obviously, she's in for the =VH= $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                        I agree. Val hasn't done anything lately and probably whatever residuals she still pulls in from her old shows now reruns on TV Land, are probably not bringing in as much as her son can bring home from Summer spent with Dad - nevertheless, it still sounds very foul that Val would agree to a 15 yr. old seeing alot of strange images on the Rock n' Roll Tour Bus and backstage. Sounds like Eddie's goal is to get his virgin kid laid.
                        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by vh rides again
                          look at other high profile rockers kids

ozzy osbournes kids are as disfunctional as they come.

lionel richies duaghter is already looking like a washed up barfly and in the news for abusing drugs, shes probably fucked half the guys in hollywood. how old is she? maybe 25?.

there are more but i cant think of em at the moment.

on the other hand other rockers who are against drug abuse and that whole lifestyle seem to have kids who kinda have thier heads on straight.

i have seen gene simmons's kids on his tv show and they seem like they are alright people.

and ill bet a hundred bucks if ted nugent thought his kid was doing drugs, he would end up in a military accademy somewhere with a blackeye.

maybe im wrong , hopefully wolfie is a stellar student and knows the difference. hopefully hes reading this right now and thinking im a dumbass.
                          I know Steven Tyler's daughter Liv was a teen model then actress, she turned out ok but he didn't really raise her. His other daughter, Mia is a plus size model...

Originally posted by Ice Cream Girl
                          I bet they share him at least 50/50 if not more in her favor, so obviously, she's in for the =VH= $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                          For some dumb reason I couldn't get the phrase "51/50 custody" out of my head. I guess Ed has the 51 part ; )

I agree the road isn't best place for Wolfie, or any 15/16 yr old kid.
                          "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Ellyllions
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2006

Liv turned out okay but wasn't she a drug addict in her late teens/early 20's? I'm thinking that she didn't have it "easy" and did delve deeply into drugs.

Gene Simmons kids? I can't say that the show gave us the story on the kids lives because I really believe the only reason they did that show was to off-set the Ozzy show. Besides, they're at the perfect age to learn what to do as a rock star's kid....we'll get their full story in a few years.

Ozzy's kids are the PERFECT example of what can go wrong. With Wolfie it could go two ways of course and both of them bad.

-He could end up just like his dad
                            -He could end up hating his dad

You choose which is worse?

I gotta say though, a part of me wonders if Wolf isn't Ed's "security blanket". Meaning Wolfie being around is the only thing that keeps Ed from dying in a drug enduced sleep. And if that's the case, then Wolfie is sure to be as fucked up as a football bat. Emotional baggage is bad news for a teenager.
                            Last edited by Ellyllions; 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM.
                            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Excellent thread Lounge....

I have two boys, aged 20 and 13....

First and foremost, it's kinda difficult to put ourselves in Ed's shoes, in terms of being a world-famous musician, in addition to his recognition of whatever musical talent his son may have (no, didn't bother to download anything from the '04 tour)....

Strictly speaking about the "concert experience", it's one thing taking your kids to a concert with titties flashing on the jumbotron, the singer swearing every other word, and the smell of weed in the crowd.

You know what you're getting into when you buy tickets to that type of show, from a fan's perspective....

But really, doesn't every decent movie have that nowadays ?? (except for the weed smell)....

However, strictly speaking as a fellow parent of teenage sons (and beyond now for me), I would have to believe that my wife would have "some problems" (to put it lightly) if my son would be "on tour" with me....

Let's not sugarcoat it; He's gonna be exposed (hopefully not on a personal level) on a daily basis to drug usage, plenty of alcohol, loose women, nudity, you name it....

What we also don't know is whether Wolfie will have any tutors available with him while he's on the road....

Will it "scar him for life", let's hope not...

But the bottom line is that Ed shouldn't even be putting his 15 year old son in this situation... He needs to stop these childish games and get Mike back in the band....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• katie
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Nov 2004

Dumb thread Lounge

bored now

Next!

Comment

Working...