X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
    1st of all I hate the Sex Pistols... they suck.
    Figures you'd think that. Their debut is one of the hardest, loudest and most intense albums in history. But your taste seems to be shit quite often, so...

And the Pistols can play...I have enough live gigs and their film and see a band that plays as well as many other "classic" bands and better than quite a few punk bands.

And is it all about if their shredders? I'm sure a ton of metalhead morons can play quicker than a buzzing bee...but most of them influenced nobody and Steve Jones sure as hell did.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

The Ramones are the original punk band...
      Read your history...

THE STOOGES were the original punk band.

Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• rustoffa
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I was never disappointed at a Police show. I have seen VH many times when the shows were not good.
        It's painfully apparent.

YOU'RE NOT A HARD-ROCKING FUCKER.

Let me parallel the quote above with FACTS.

Fact: I went to a Joan Jett show that included The Police. Not the fuzz, the fucking lack-of-power-trio you keep harping about. After about an hour and a half of hard-rocking shit like "I Love Rock And Roll", "Bad Reputation", and "Cherry Bomb?" I forgot about seeing yet another bastardized version of The Specials. They fucking sucked. Arena rock wasn't designed to showcase a pretentious asshat with all manner of soundboard help. "Don't Stand So Close To Me"...it took like 20 seconds of my life that's gone forever to agree. I ain't lying, it was like a fire drill the way other folks got the fuck out of there as well.

Fact: I went to see the original lineup of Van Halen at the same venue. Nobody left during the show. As a matter of fact, some folks didn't want to leave when the show was over. Some were fighting the actual Police, some were sleeping on the floor.

Fact: THOSE FOLKS WERE HARD-ROCKING-FUCKERS

Fact: YOU'RE NOT

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Maybe the attention-seeking General Hanna has nothing left to say?

Figures.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• General Hina
            Sniper
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
            Read your history...

THE STOOGES were the original punk band.

I've read many punk books and I always see the Ramones at the forefront. I will check out the Stooges though.

Hina Out

Comment

• General Hina
              Sniper
              • Feb 2004

Figures you'd think that. Their debut is one of the hardest, loudest and most intense albums in history. But your taste seems to be shit quite often, so...

And the Pistols can play...I have enough live gigs and their film and see a band that plays as well as many other "classic" bands and better than quite a few punk bands.

And is it all about if their shredders? I'm sure a ton of metalhead morons can play quicker than a buzzing bee...but most of them influenced nobody and Steve Jones sure as hell did.
              I just always loved the Ramones. The Pistols only recorded one studio album right... Never mind The Bollocks? I just never got into their stuff.

Out Hina Me

Comment

• General Hina
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

I like Steve Jones. he made a great LP with Andy Taylor from Duran Duran called "Thunder"

Great stuff... great guitar player. Maybe it's just Lydon that I hate.

Hina Out Again

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

I've read many punk books and I always see the Ramones at the forefront. I will check out the Stooges though.

Hina Out
                  The Ramones played BEFORE the Pistols...and in retrospect, a lot of useless reviewers call them the first punk band because they played before most of the bands in the scene the media lumped together. But the edgy garage-ness of the punk sound is born in Iggy and the Stooges...among many other bands.

Too many reviewers will lump bands together and chart a simplified version of the growth of a sound...but it's bullshit.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I just always loved the Ramones. The Pistols only recorded one studio album right... Never mind The Bollocks? I just never got into their stuff.

Out Hina Me
                    I love The Ramones. But just because they did 20 albums instead of one doesn't make 'em any more vital.

The Pistols album has 12 classics...and 12 songs. Maybe six songs that are on Top 1000 lists to this day.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I like Steve Jones. he made a great LP with Andy Taylor from Duran Duran called "Thunder"
                      Check out NEUROTIC OUTSIDERS. Good album...one-off project from '96. He plays great on it.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Seriously... the Sex Pistols BLOW!!

they can't even play their instruments... or sing a note on key.
                        You're hilarious,Jennifer!

Comment

• General Hina
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                          It's painfully apparent.

YOU'RE NOT A HARD-ROCKING FUCKER.

Let me parallel the quote above with FACTS.

Fact: I went to a Joan Jett show that included The Police. Not the fuzz, the fucking lack-of-power-trio you keep harping about. After about an hour and a half of hard-rocking shit like "I Love Rock And Roll", "Bad Reputation", and "Cherry Bomb?" I forgot about seeing yet another bastardized version of The Specials. They fucking sucked. Arena rock wasn't designed to showcase a pretentious asshat with all manner of soundboard help. "Don't Stand So Close To Me"...it took like 20 seconds of my life that's gone forever to agree. I ain't lying, it was like a fire drill the way other folks got the fuck out of there as well.

Fact: I went to see the original lineup of Van Halen at the same venue. Nobody left during the show. As a matter of fact, some folks didn't want to leave when the show was over. Some were fighting the actual Police, some were sleeping on the floor.

Fact: THOSE FOLKS WERE HARD-ROCKING-FUCKERS

Fact: YOU'RE NOT

If hard rockin' means to get drunk and fight on the floor of a concert then NO my hard rockin' days are over as are CVH's hard rockin' days. Hell they can't even rock hard enough to record one new song.

As for the Police... Sting is a better bass player than MA any day of the week AND Stewart Copeland is a monster drummer who doesn't hide behind 4 bass drums and about 20 other pieces of drum equipment that Alex doesn't even touch. Alex's kit is for show not for drumming. Andy Vs. Eddie they both rock and are great at what they do. Could Andy Summers play Eruption... probably not but I bet he'd give Spanish Fly a run for it's money.

I love your rants. So much fire and passion and I could actually understand this one.

Joan Jett is awesome!! watch out though... she's gay and I know how you feel about "those" people.

Out for the 785th time,
                          Hina the General of the DLR Army

Comment

• General Hina
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

Check out NEUROTIC OUTSIDERS. Good album...one-off project from '96. He plays great on it.
                            That's with Duff from GNR and John Taylor from Duran2 right?

I'll have to go to Amoeba records and look for a used copy of that.

Hina

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Joan Jett is awesome!! watch out though... she's gay and I know how you feel about "those" people.

Maybe a drifter, but not gay. At least not when I seen her with a GUY in public sometime in 82.
                              You may want to take issue with Stink's forehead as well as Dave's ,since hair is a pet peave of yours Jennifer.

Comment

• General Hina
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                                Maybe a drifter, but not gay. At least not when I seen her with a GUY in public sometime in 82.
                                You may want to take issue with Stink's forehead as well as Dave's ,since hair is a pet peave of yours Jennifer.
                                Um... Joan Jett is gay! She may have been bisexual in the early 80's but she is full on gay now and open about it.

Comment

Working...