Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I don't care if she's gay. I'd still fuck her if she weren't 25 years my senior.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• rustoffa
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
      Out for the 785th time,
      Hina the General of the DLR Army
      Start with MC5. After that, go directly to The Damned. It's gonna be a grate journey for ya. You can virtually skip all kinds of crap, and end up a fucking Goth. That's right, you won't get the gratest move in Punk Rock history, and end up relegated to a walk-in closet full of black turtlenecks.

Figure that one out dipshit.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
        Start with MC5.
        MC5 or STOOGES. That's another debate.

I'd still say STOOGES...but MC5 is a good argument...
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

So glad I stuck my foot into the "warm" end of the pool.

Mezro...nice rant Rusty...I felt it man...a great rock and roll show: one of the true simple pleasures of life...until some fucking redneck wearing a stained ZZ Top t-shirt pukes Taco Bell on you...hard to enjoy live music when the border is making a run down your arm...
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

It's all subjective bro. Let's throw subjectiveness out the window, and concentrate on Hina going GOTH.

It'll be like, "hey Hina, did you see The Police on the grammy awards?"

DEAD SILENCE.

Then the next day, Hina talks about how he was diggin' up graveyards and shit.

God help us if he goes SCREAMO!

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
              So glad I stuck my foot into the "warm" end of the pool.

Mezro...nice rant Rusty...I felt it man...a great rock and roll show: one of the true simple pleasures of life...until some fucking redneck wearing a stained ZZ Top t-shirt pukes Taco Bell on you...hard to enjoy live music when the border is making a run down your arm...
              It's what I do Mez, and thanks for the kudos.

Shallower than a kiddie pool, and warming hearts since '04.

All Army, All night.

Comment

• Mezro
                Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                It's what I do Mez, and thanks for the kudos.

Shallower than a kiddie pool, and warming hearts since '04.

All Army, All night.
                It was golden brother...it was fucking golden!

Mezro...from coast-to-coast, we let the shit flow while others row...
                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
                  It was golden brother...it was fucking golden!
                  I've been kind of picking my spots as of late, and taking blotter acid. I ain' shittin' you dude...there's fucking swirling red-shoulder'd hawks out there...right now. I've been checking out the nest with BINOCULARS. Those fuckers watch everything...fucking squirrels can encroatch on the nest with no reaction. I mean, the fucking Hawk is sitting there on nest, not giving a flying fuck about the squirrel right below! That fucker don't need no BINOCULARS...he's watching me.

Write it off as paranoia?

Try seeing this first thing in the morning.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

I agree with the STOOGES being the original punk band, I'd even go further: they're the ONLY real one. Later ones sound like kiddies as compared to "Funhouse" or (mostly) "Raw Power" IMO.

The MC5's riff on "Kick out the Jams" was used "ad nauseam" by the 1976-78 so-called punks like "their" one and only guitar riff sequence.

That said, I know the punks' aim wasn't to play finely worked out stuff, but direct, plain, in-your-face rage without any pretentions for skills (maybe they didn't always have the choice ). And it's all right.
                    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Oh, and... what did the punks look/sound like, compared to VH in 1977-80?? Ahem!
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Plexi Head
                        Head Fluffer
                        • May 2005

I've said it before and I will say it again, Van Halen were the USA's answer to the Sex Pistols. They had just as big an impact in changing the face of popular music it's just that the fuckwit music critics have never given them this kind of credit or respect.

Van Halen were punker than punk.
                        "one foot out the door time to hit the road"

The Ramones should never be mentioned in the same breath as the Mighty Van Halen.
                        "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

Working...