Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

Well, Ed is not the most important part of Van Halen.
    True, but Ed and Dave together are. Mike and Al are necessary but not as important.
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
      True, but Ed and Dave together are. Mike and Al are necessary but not as important.
      I wouldn't even put Mike up with Al.

Alex is just as necessary to the whole VH sound as Eddie is.

I'm a drummer and Al's sound and playing is very distinct and a signature sound for VH.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

The legacy was already fucked with back in 1996 and drove right into the ground in 1998.
        Actually, the legacy was fucked in 1984. I was just pointing out that people are saying that Eddie doesn't care about what the fans want when Dave is participating in it too. I am going to the concerts whether Mike is in the band or not because I want to see Eddie and Dave on stage together again. I accepted the fact long ago that Van Halen ended in 1984.
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          Oh, give me a fucking break about 'legacy'.

The legacy was already fucked with back in 1996 and drove right into the ground in 1998.

You people are hilarious. The worst things have already happened to VH.

Fuck sakes.
          Oh so you wanna sit there and take whatever driblets spEd wants to dish out to the "fans", eh?

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

I wouldn't even put Mike up with Al.

Alex is just as necessary to the whole VH sound as Eddie is.

I'm a drummer and Al's sound and playing is very distinct and a signature sound for VH.
            Well, I feel all four of them were an integral part of the CVH "sound".

Some punk kid who has only been playing bass for 6 months is not gonna cut it. I don't give a fuck who his daddy is.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Oh so you wanna sit there and take whatever driblets spEd wants to dish out to the "fans", eh?
              Nah.

Just sayin', we've seen the worst to come out of Eddie's great ideas.

IMO.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Well, I feel all four of them were an integral part of the CVH "sound".

Some punk kid who has only been playing bass for 6 months is not gonna cut it. I don't give a fuck who his daddy is.
                Sure, all four were integral.

However, IMO, I think its easier (at least in the studio or on record) to duplicate bass lines and background singing than it is to duplicate the drumming style.

Live is a different story, as far as the harmonies go.

=V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

I am not arguing with you.

Spambo The Flatulent is history *YAAAAAAY!*

But I still have to bitch about spEd and his power trip.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I am not arguing with you.

Spambo The Flatulent is history *YAAAAAAY!*

But I still have to bitch about spEd and his power trip.
                    Of course!

=V V=
                    ole No.1 The finest
                    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

Van Halen has been dead for 23 years. What is being "dished out" now is better than Van Hagar. Ed is going to do what he wants and Dave has joined him. Fans can either "take it" , complain endlessly about it or let it all go and move on.

Comment

• jgdrag
                        Sniper
                        • Jul 2005

Bang on!

Comment

• perticelli
                          Groupie
                          • Mar 2004

Well, Ed is not the most important part of Van Halen.

Uhhhhh...

Ed IS the most important part of Van Halen.
                          Alex is also very important, but not MOST important
                          Mikey also was very important..but not MOST important
                          DLR is VERY important to Van Halen, the "CVH" as it's now called, almost as important as Ed, but not MOST important.

For there is NO VH without Ed. In any form, from any period, from any album..
                          There, the white elephant has been exposed, shred away if you want.
                          Fact is, that is the facts!
                          Radio without the Rules

Comment

• jgdrag
                            Sniper
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by perticelli
                            Uhhhhh...

Ed IS the most important part of Van Halen.
                            Alex is also very important, but not MOST important
                            Mikey also was very important..but not MOST important
                            DLR is VERY important to Van Halen, the "CVH" as it's now called, almost as important as Ed, but not MOST important.

For there is NO VH without Ed. In any form, from any period, from any album..
                            There, the white elephant has been exposed, shred away if you want.
                            Fact is, that is the facts!
                            We are all here because of Dave, Ed, Michael and Alex. All four of them make up Van Halen. Van Halen is not one person!
                            Face the facts

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

“Nobody and I mean NOBODY could fucking touch him. Anthony kicked ass—basically made Van Halen.”
                              -Stephen Pearcy, RATT

“I remember when Van Halen were opening for Sabbath on their 10th anniversary tour in the UK. Here are Sabbath – metal gods—and Van Halen---these upstarts from America. Now, you would think they would have absolutely no chance against Sabbath. But the fact is, Van Halen blew Sabbath off the stage every night on that tour and there was Micheal Anthony playing like a madman, out of his skin. I’d never seen anything like it!”
                              -Malcolm Dome, Rock journalist.

“Michael Anthony changed the way background singers sang. It was a whole new approach to background singing. It was phenomenal.”
                              -Richard Marx

“Forget about Eddie Van Halen’s guitar playing or David Lee Roth’s showmanship---it was Michael Anthony’s background vocals that made the band. I remember first hearing them on the first Van Halen record and I was like, “Holy shit! What planet is this from??” Mike was an innovator and the main reason for Van Halen’s success.”
                              -Kevin Dubrow

“Michael Anthony made kids want to become background singers. It was simple as that. That alone is an achievement in itself. His bass playing wasn’t bad either – who could forget Anthony’s Opus from the first Van Halen album? Awesome.”
                              -Jeff Pilson

-------------------------------------

True enough. Michael Anthony fit perfectly in CVH.

But like I said in another thread: To EVH & AVH, trading a 'Roth' for a 'Hagar' seemed to make sense in that they retained their namesake 'Van Halen'. So still, trading an 'Anthony' for a 'Van Halen' makes even more sense, in their eyes, that is.

BUT you notice we NEVER saw any other rock/metal bands commenting on how Hagar will be missed.

LOL. Hagar will be missed as much as a dog fart.
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• steve
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2004

Anthony = perfectly capable bass player. Can do session work any time. Probably plays guitar better than most anyone on these boards.

EVH= drug-addicted EGOMANIAC who, for better or for worse, was a musical idiot-savant.

Hagar...at one point sold SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER on his website in bottles with his lithographed face and nappy hair on them.

...and for the record, the (admitedly cliche) nickname "Ringo Anthony" is perfectly amusing.
                                Last edited by steve; 02-13-2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...