Whitesnake?
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
      Whitesnake?
      <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMECShEWtDs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WMECShEWtDs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• frankfasteddie
        Roadie
        • Dec 2005

the other half

or the waboritas

llllllloooooooooooollllllllllllllllll
        Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by Firebrand

Night Ranger (like VH lite, but with two great guitarists)
          FUCK NO!!

Comment

• fenway5150
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2004

I'm anything but a fan of new music and most of the suggestions I've read here would be cool but if it's going to be a new band I would go with a band called Wolfmother. I heard a song called Joker & The Thief on Sirius and was really impressed.

Outside of that, put anyone you want. I'm there to see VH.
            "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
            - DLR, 2004

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by fenway5150
              I'm anything but a fan of new music and most of the suggestions I've read here would be cool but if it's going to be a new band I would go with a band called Wolfmother. I heard a song called Joker & The Thief on Sirius and was really impressed.

Outside of that, put anyone you want. I'm there to see VH.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sKPPnGsdh0A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sKPPnGsdh0A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

WOLFMOTHER

& VELVET REVOLVER

Comment

• VanHalener
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Matt White
                  WOLFMOTHER

& VELVET REVOLVER
                  <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/__NKKpcojFc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/__NKKpcojFc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Antman
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

I haven't read any of the other replies, so forgive me if I repeat what's already been said. Remember how VH opened for the Stones in 81 at the Rose Bowl (pics on Diver Down)? The Stones are so legendary and command so much respect that anyone would open for the Stones no matter how big like GNR, No Doubt, Pretenders, Metallica, etc. I think VH can do the same. No one band for the tour, but different bands in different cities, like Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers, maybe even Korn, Megadeth, etc. That's my take. It can be done. Who wouldn't want the opportunity???
                    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2006

MONSTER MAGNET!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6iPi2aauu0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d6iPi2aauu0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

OK not a great pairing but I dig em!
                      Last edited by GreenBayLA; 02-12-2007, 04:00 AM.
                      "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Antman
                        I haven't read any of the other replies, so forgive me if I repeat what's already been said. Remember how VH opened for the Stones in 81 at the Rose Bowl (pics on Diver Down)? The Stones are so legendary and command so much respect that anyone would open for the Stones no matter how big like GNR, No Doubt, Pretenders, Metallica, etc. I think VH can do the same. No one band for the tour, but different bands in different cities, like Foo Fighters, Chili Peppers, maybe even Korn, Megadeth, etc. That's my take. It can be done. Who wouldn't want the opportunity???

I think that's a bit of a stretch
                        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

The best opening act would be NO opening act.

We've been waiting so long for this particular hell to freeze over that it should be all Classic Van Halen. Period.

Don't muck it up with any other shit. Just jam a needle of CVH into your arm and fuckin' overdose!!

It might be your last chance...
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Well, if it had to be one of those then I'd take the Scorpions.

Saw em opening for Priest and they were great...
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

I say if the artist had a release in the '80s, they are not eligible. I'm not a huge fan of most new music, but you gotta bring in some young blood from a marketing perspective. Make certain kids are coming with parents to see this thing.

Wolfmother is darn near cheating since the guitars are Sabbath and the voice is Zep. It's an older sound than VH with fresh packaging.

Other ideas: Jet, Buck Cherry, Damone, The Darkness... not huge names, but recognizable.

And you gotta have a little warm-up. Not that the boys necessarily need someone else to do the heavy lifting, but why take a crowd from 0-120 out of the gate when somebody else can get them up to highway speed?
                              "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                              "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• cwsmith17
                                Sniper
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Firebrand
                                Been thinking about this a little bit today, and man, if you put your brain in gear, there are a million potentially GREAT opening acts that could put this whole tour into the stratosphere.

My initial thoughts:

Poison (seems kind of a perfect marriage if you think about it)
                                Scorpions (how cool would that be??)
                                Pat Benatar (she can still sing her butt off)
                                Ratt (again, just the mix of the two seems to be a good one)
                                Night Ranger (like VH lite, but with two great guitarists)
                                Dokken (George Lynch and Eddie in one night???!!? Guitar heaven!)
                                Queensryche (let it soak in a moment....)

Give me any of those, follow them with REAL VH, and it'd be a night to remember!

Any others? Fire away!
                                The Police

Comment

Working...