Eddie interview in April 2007 Hit Parader...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Oh..god....

This is too funny.

LOL.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• fryingdutchman
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

How long do you think it will take the folks at MelodicCrock and elsewhere to realize they've been Punk'd?!?!?!?!

This is history making....
      Originally posted by perilouspete
      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

First...

Sounds fake, when someone shows me where it's printed, we'll open this back up. For now, take this as BS.
        But then...

So apparently this piece of shit interview is real.

Ed you suck.
        Hey, there's MAX:

Holy Moly!!!

I thought either Rikk, Penix or Lounge Machine made up this shit?

Wow!!!
        And from there, it's people yelling at the horrible comments Eddie made. This must be where Melodicrock and Blabbermouth (and who knows who else) picked up on this.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Well, if its posted on melodicrock or blubbercunt, then it just has to be real!

=V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Yes, if you are a fan of Sammy and Mike's you won't be pleased with this interview. However what is so different about this interview than the ones Eddie did after Dave's exit/Sammy's arrival in 1985 and when Sammy left in 95?

The majority of you probably did not have a problem reading them in Circus, Hit Parader and the early days of Al Gore's internet.

Oh I forgot, those other interviews did not concern Mike.

so just because sam was trying to contact ed, you assume it's about getting back together? could it be.. oh I don't know... the fact they were just inducted to the RRHOF? Or could be any number of other reasons. Getting back on the road is quite an assumption.

that being said.. when Ed runs his mouth like that, those Police tickets just keep looking better and better.

man, I've always been an ed-head...but I'm so tired of the same crap out of him....it's like the same interview he's been giving for the last 10yrs!

Just Ed, continuing to destroy the legacy that this band had built up. Talk about repeating the past, what's next, Ed and Al on television, challenging Sam and Mike to take lie detector tests? Maybe that will be Dave's solo spot on this tour.
            Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• frankfasteddie
              Roadie
              • Dec 2005

stop your killing me that is classic wow!

babhahahahahahahaa

fucking sheep follow you fat leader....dumb asses
              Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

A work of art...and it happened in the best possible way - accidentally.

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

True art is an accident of two or more idiots coming together.

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

Okay now you've lost me
                    Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• firestarter
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

Re: Eddie interview in April 2007 Hit Parader...

Originally posted by Rikk
                      EVH is easily one of the top 5 in guitar virtuosos of the 20th century. This only makes the last several years of the band's existence seem tragic. With so much talent kept on hold because no singer could get his act together to work with Eddie, much time has been wasted. Now, Van Halen fans can rejoice: the original band (with one minor adjustment) is returning this summer for a North American amphitheatre tour. We spoke to Eddie about what fans can expect.

HIT PARADER: So how does it feel to be back?

EDDIE VAN HALEN: Back where? I haven't gone anywhere.

HP: What have you been up to since your 2004 was tour with Sammy Hagar was cut short?

EVH: Oh, just writing, recording. Jamming with my kid and Al (Ed. Alex Van Halen, Eddie's brother and Van Halen's drummer). My son Wolfie, the kid's a natural. Started on guitar. Moved to bass last year, and we've just been jamming it up.

HP: Did you know from the outset that you would be getting Dave back in the band?

EVH: Y'know, it didn't really matter who it was. It could be Dave. It could be someone else. We actually had a couple of people come up to the house and sing. It could have been them.

HP: Or Hagar?

EVH: Nah. After the last tour, I realized that was sort of a mistake.

HP: What happened?

EVH: We just wanted to play. Couldn't get it together with Dave, though we'd sure tried. So Sam called Al and that set into motion. I was the last one. I said sure. Then we got Sobolewski in, though I didn't really want to (Ed.- Sobolewski is bass player Michael Anthony's real last name). Anyway, it just fell apart. Nobody was on speaking terms. And Hagar and the bass player were just using the press coverage to sell tequila or hot sauce. It was below the belt.

HP: So no chance on getting Anthony back in the band?

EVH: Why? He hasn't played on a Van Halen record in years. We've not spoken. I don't mean to slight him, he's a good player. But there hasn't been that vibe or closeness for years. Plus now he's off playing with the enemy. (laughs)

HP: You mean Hagar? Their band, "The Other Half"?

EVH: Yeah, what's with that? They're out there selling hot sauce and tequila and playing all the songs I wrote. It's kind of sad.

HP: So how did Roth enter the picture? I've been under the impression that you two haven't gotten along for years?

EVH: We wanted to play music again. Wolfie came to me last year and told me how much he loved those old songs. They were easy to learn and fun to play. So we've been jamming them for ages now, and I just sort of looked at Al and said, "Forget it, get Dave in here!" So we called him.

HP: Just like that?

EVH: No, it wasn't just like that. There were lots of lawyers and things to go through. (laughs)

HP: Did Anthony contact you?

EVH: No, but my agent, who is also my girlfriend, told me she'd heard that Hagar was trying to contact me. I don't know what the hell he wants.

HP: So cancer-free, going into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame, a tour with Roth? That's a big turnaround.

EVH: Yeah, it's great. But I don't think we're all going to play at the Hall of Fame. I can't imagine us all trying to share the stage together. Frankly, I don't want to play with everyone.

HP: What about a new album?

EVH: Yeah, maybe. I've got so much music. The name Van Halen, the family legacy, is going to go on forever. Passed on. My kid is a natural. I'm going to have him play on a solo record at some point.

HP: And new music with Roth?

EVH: Well, that's what we hope. We all sound great. You have no idea. And there's more than enough new music. But one thing at a time. We haven't even rehearsed that much yet.
                      dude, you are good, damn the imagination.

Comment

• firestarter
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2004

you rehearsal comment is a give away. remember dave and vh have been rehearsing since november.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Links have finally figured it out folks.

Good entertainment.

I bet Andrew still has it up at his website. (melodicrock)

LOL.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

From the Links...

I saw it, but that doesn't mean as much as you might think. Believe me, those guys are no source of reliable truth either. They make up shit about making up shit, LOL, and they're always mocking the Links. If it weren't for this website and Sammy Hagar, they'd have nothing to talk about.

Andrew at Melodicrock occasionally runs rumors that don't pan out, but frequently his source citations are legit.

Such are the dangers of the internet age.
                            And yeah, Melodicrock and Blabbermouth still have this. Blabbermouth has over a hundred angry VH fans posting in response to Ed's comments...

Jesus...
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Rikk, you've created a monster, bro.

Next stop Eddie will be denying the comments in another interview!
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                                Rikk, you've created a monster, bro.

Next stop Eddie will be denying the comments in another interview!
                                Man, that would be awesome.

Maybe I'll get a free ticket.

Maybe I'll be sued.

I can now notch this on my Rotharmy resume.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...