Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nightlife
    Full On Cocktard
    • Feb 2007

The first rock album I ever bought, (actually it was a cassette tape) Van Halen II, I was 13 years old. I remember exactly where I was when I first heard those sounds coming out of the speakers, I was mesmerized and captivated. You're No Good was the first time I ever heard Daves voice and Eds guitar. I couldn't believe how awsome this newfound music was. I ran up the stairs and told my cousin who was a few years older than me to come down stairs and listen to this new band. I said "Listen to this singer scream, I've never haerd anthing like it!" Of course he new exactly who it was, he looked at me like I was retarded an said "You don't know who that is, that's David F*#k'n Lee Roth stupid!" and went back upstairs. To this day VHII is my alltime favorite album. I also remember exacly where I was in 1985 when I first got the news that the greatest band in the history of mankind had broken up. It was on the cover of Faces Rocks magazine, "AMERICAS BIGGEST PARTY BREAKS UP". Life was never quite the same.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

It was a pretty sweet day in 1982 when VH was given the keys to the city of Worcester, MA. The day was declared "Van Halen Day" by the mayor. It all started when VH sold out 2 nights at the Centrum and WAAF got a petition going for them to play a third night. They got over 30,000 signatures, I think.

It was a great time when VH was all over the radio...and touring!!
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Mt. Krakalak
        Roadie
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Angel
        Edmonton, 1980. Dave dancing the "dirty dog" right before my steaming eyes, and Eddie kissing my hand.
        Do tell! What does the "dirty dog" look like? EVH kissed your hand?? How did you get so lucky in one night?
        Surely unforgettable moments!
        http://joemonahansnewmexico.blogspot.com/drama.jpghttp://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:...y/bullshit.jpg

Comment

• lonnieg5
          Roadie
          • Jul 2005

Getting in for $12.50 or less!

Comment

Working...