Eddie Trunk interview.(Classic Rock Revisited)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saintbarry
    Full On Cocktard
    • Dec 2004

Eddie Trunk interview.(Classic Rock Revisited)

Jeb: Let's start off with getting your take on some of the giant rock stories of 2007. First off, what is up with Van Halen? Do you think the reunion will happen?

Eddie: I really have no idea. It seems like there are always some issues that rear their head with this band on so many levels, which is such a shame because they are one of the all time greats. I just hope if/when it happens it's with the original four guys. No offense to Wolfie who I'm sure is a great talent, but you want the original band if Roth is going to sing. Don't forget, Michael is a big part of the VH backing vocals as well.

Jeb: Let me ask you this: If it should happen with David Lee, do you think....

a. Eddie can keep his chops up with his drinking problems?
    All depends how committed he is to it. Eddie is a super talent of course, but if he's wasted on stage it's not good for the audience or his health. As much as I want to see him play again, I hope he is first and foremost healthy before anything.

b. Dave can keep up with his vocal problems?
    I think Dave was singing pretty well on his last few solo tours. He was never a great singer, just a great fit for the band and the spirit of the group, and he was so perfect for the albums. I was always annoyed in the old VH days when Roth would do his antics on stage forever instead of the band playing 3-4 more songs, so hopefully if the reunion happens the focus will be on delivering all the songs everyone wants.

c. Dave and Eddie can get along with Mike out of the band?
    I think Mike will be in if it happens. Maybe that was part of the reason this was put on hold. It's asking a lot of a 15-year-old to step into a tour that big!

d. Is Wolfie able to really handle this?
    I'm sure he's talented, look at his genes! But I'd rather see him do a song in the set and have the original four guys. Hopefully he will do his own band at some point
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

Eddie Trunk is a master of the obvious. Well....maybe not always. He did have Rikks fake Hit Parader interview on his website for two weeks.
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
      Eddie Trunk is a master of the obvious. Well....maybe not always. He did have Rikks fake Hit Parader interview on his website for two weeks.

No shit!
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Eddie Trunk?

That FAT BASTARD is a Spammy knob polisher..............

He's taken more than a few shots at DAVE over the years................

FUCK EDDIE TRUNK

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Is Eddie Trunk that fat VH1 Classic vj?
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            Is Eddie Trunk that fat VH1 Classic vj?
            EXACTLY

Who is he related to to have that job?

He must have nude photos of the head of VH1 blowing Old English Sheepdogs....................

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

He's such a fat fucking pinhead. Dave's antics were annoying? They filled arenas.

He loves that fat bastard Sammy.
              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                He's such a fat fucking pinhead. Dave's antics were annoying? They filled arenas.

He loves that fat bastard Sammy.
                He has said as much....

I remember...might be the 100 gratest Artist of Hard rock countdown on VH1...or one of their other pointless countdowns...that he HATED DAVE doing the sword routine during the 1984 tour.....

20+ years later....had to get in the DAVE shot...nothing else bothered him.....

like Bass Players solo wasn't more annoying......

Or EVH troting out the SAME old solo...for the umpteenth tour.....

or SHEMP's cuntpletely boring drum solo......

THAT's what he is still trying to say aboot DAVE...without coming out and saying it..............

He is the ARCHETYPE for the van hagar fan.....

FAT

NERD

HOPELESS
                Last edited by Matt White; 03-04-2007, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                  that he HATED DAVE doing the sword routine during the 1984 tour.....
                  Yeah, because the 5150 dance was the ultimate in rock 'n' roll showmanship.

No wonder Eddie hates Dave...Dave's in shape and is a black belt in Karate. Eddie is fat and changes belts all the time, but only due to his increasing intake of hero sandwiches.

I've always wondered where Sammy fans came from...or why I don't really know any. But I suppose that's because I don't hang out with losers.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                    I've always wondered where Sammy fans came from...or why I don't really know any.
                    Touche.

I know that Van Hagar albums sold back in the day and stuff but I HONESTLY do not know nor have I ever encountered someone in person who's a Sammy Hagar fan?

I've said it many times over my tenure online as well. Until I first joined this Halen Online Community, I'd never actually met ANYONE who openly admitted liking Sammy Hagar. It's crezzi. I mean, there's obviously a fanbase but I've still yet to meet one of these people in person? lol

Still, anyone with whom I have a discussion regarding Van Halen always states the obvious and the same thing, Hagar sucks.

I guess that fanbase is similar to "Trekkies" or something cos (obviously) those geeks do exist. I guess the same can be said though regarding bands like Journey, REO or Supertramp cos like Van Hagar, they sold a lot of records? I've just never met anyone who actually likes them.

It's an enigma, that's for sure. Then when one goes to a certain website, they're all over the place!!! The Horror!!! :eek: What's even worse is that these people actually believe the shit they write.

Again, how there can be people out there who sincerely think ANY post-Dave VH album is superior to that bile that followed? Once again though, they exist. It's the same internet pollutants who (even after being shown the facts) maintain Van Hagar outsold Van Halen and were more successful. These are the same people that think crap like "Dreams" is a "better" song or is right up there with the likes of "Unchained!!!"

Sorry for the rant but these people are insane. Again, I cannot imagine ANYONE actually, let alone willingly going to some Wabozo concert? It's a frightening thought.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• pflo
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2006

Dave ruled back then , but i do concede that a couple more tunes with him on the mic beats the repeated (10 plus minutes sometimes) night after night rap bullshit. Lets face it, with the internet and Youtube, repeating those tired raps wont fly anymore, we all see it the next day. Thats a good thing , for sure , i say right here

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

I overheard some chick talking about how she liked Cabo Wabo Tequilla once, She was still in High School and kept talking about Hagar, She seemed to be a tad bit of a slut, Other than that, fortunatley I havn't ran into any Hardcore fans.
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• pflo
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by MAX
                          Touche.

I know that Van Hagar albums sold back in the day and stuff but I HONESTLY do not know nor have I ever encountered someone in person who's a Sammy Hagar fan?

I've said it many times over my tenure online as well. Until I first joined this Halen Online Community, I'd never actually met ANYONE who openly admitted liking Sammy Hagar. It's crezzi. I mean, there's obviously a fanbase but I've still yet to meet one of these people in person? lol

Still, anyone with whom I have a discussion regarding Van Halen always states the obvious and the same thing, Hagar sucks.

I guess that fanbase is similar to "Trekkies" or something cos (obviously) those geeks do exist. I guess the same can be said though regarding bands like Journey, REO or Supertramp cos like Van Hagar, they sold a lot of records? I've just never met anyone who actually likes them.

It's an enigma, that's for sure. Then when one goes to a certain website, they're all over the place!!! The Horror!!! :eek: What's even worse is that these people actually believe the shit they write.

Again, how there can be people out there who sincerely think ANY post-Dave VH album is superior to that bile that followed? Once again though, they exist. It's the same internet pollutants who (even after being shown the facts) maintain Van Hagar outsold Van Halen and were more successful. These are the same people that think crap like "Dreams" is a "better" song or is right up there with the likes of "Unchained!!!"

Sorry for the rant but these people are insane. Again, I cannot imagine ANYONE actually, let alone willingly going to some Wabozo concert? It's a frightening thought.
                          For me , it was like, Im in grade 8 , and Dave left, never seen VH. Love Ed , love Dave, but Sam is keeping Ed the lunatic going, so I can still hear his guitar! I liked Vai too, but he was never Ed.So you take the van hagar to at least hear the band .EEAS was a GREAT album, after that, so-so. Van Hagar always had Eds guitar, for me thats good enough, although it dont hold a candle tho CVH, of course.Ive met Sam , he is a genuine nice guy, but I think even he will admit CVH is better.He at least stepped up to the plate, I respect that. NO ONE would beat Dave in that spot. DAVE CHOSE TO LEAVE> See it for what it is. Ed would have probably OD'ed in the late 80's without Sam.
                          Last edited by pflo; 03-04-2007, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• pflo
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2006

a

Comment

• pflo
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2006

[

Comment

Working...