X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leatherpants
    Roth Army Recruit
    • May 2005

Originally posted by halenfan25
    Alcoholics are doomed losers. It's a diease that rarely seems to get cured.

Eddie will come out and lie and say he's all better, but he'll do the same stuff.

lol at rehab helping his drinking proble, Yeah, like nearly dying of cancer stopped him from smoking.

....and there is seemingly no cure for blind ignorance either. "It's a pathetic existence that rarely seems to get cured." But hey, no worries, getting equally ignorant people to agree with you is probably a lot more probable than trying to win the fight against addiction.

And hey, it takes a big man to kick another when they are down and out, and say "I told you so" at the same time. Really, take comfort and give yourself a pat on the back and be proud of that fact that your balls are way bigger than your brain, or heart.

Speaking of pathetic..... some of you have insinuated that Eddie has timed his rehab to fuck up Dave's chance in the spotlight??!! Christ almighty is that reaching! LOL. Unbelievable. Yes, I'm sure Eddie wants to go thru the process of publicly humiliating himself, and the agonizing process of sobering up, just so Roth wouldn't be able to perform! Yes, I'm sure he carefully and sysematically planned that!

Comment

• Julius
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
      It's not Ed's first time in rehab. He went into the Betty Ford center before recording OU812.
      Val made him do it.

Too bad the guy who produced, mixed and mastered that album didn't do a stint at Betty Ford as well.

Asleep at the switch and stuff.

Comment

• halenfan25
        CUM GUZZLER
        Groupie
        • Jan 2007

And hey, it takes a big man to kick another when they are down and out, and say "I told you so" at the same time. Really, take comfort and give yourself a pat on the back and be proud of that fact that your balls are way bigger than your brain, or heart."

Eddie has been kicking people around for years and somebody should be doing it to him.

I know what a character like him is like... I have a drunken fool for a father that pulls these same type of stunts.

Treats people like crap. Hates everything and everybody.

I know just what kind of a person Eddie is.
        Loves da cock!!

Comment

• rocknrolldork
          Foot Soldier
          • Jun 2004

Here's the real fucked up part..........

If Ed actually follows the program whether it is for blow, booze, meth, whatever... He's going to follow a 12 step program. One of those steps is making your amends to all those you've hurt by boozing/drugging.

Just something to think about.

Comment

• JohnnyGuitar69
            Groupie
            • Dec 2005

Rehab DOESN"T work.
            If works if you work it.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by JohnnyGuitar69
              It's not Ed's first time in rehab. He went into the Betty Ford center before recording OU812.
              Obviously it didn't help that time
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rocknrolldork
                Here's the real fucked up part..........

If Ed actually follows the program whether it is for blow, booze, meth, whatever... He's going to follow a 12 step program. One of those steps is making your amends to all those you've hurt by boozing/drugging.

Just something to think about.
                That does NOT mean he has to let Ched Head back in the band!!
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Marcus
                  Roadie
                  • Oct 2004

Perhaps a more sober and sane EVH will ask Mikey to return for a real reunion tour.

Comment

• BrownSound1
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

I don't think Ed planned a damn thing. I don't think he fucked up Dave's HoF glory, and I don't think some of you know what in the fuck you're talking about either.

I say Ed went to rehab before today...just re-read Dave's LA Times interview. He pretty much alludes that Ed was indisposed last week, and makes reference to him drying out.

Fact, Ed is a fall down drunk...everyone's known that for years. Hell even before Roth quit back in '85, we knew that. Here's another fact, all of those guys have had substance abuse problems. Hell Dave had the world in the palm of his hand, and it disappeared faster than Houdini. You think that was just a run of bad luck? Bullshit. Cocaine was probably the cause of that. I know for a fact that Dave was doing a huge amounts of coke when Mike Hartman was cutting stuff for the DLR Band cd. I guess that's all fine and dandy though, but to me it is just as bad. Dave appears to have gotten his shit straight, and just perhaps he's glad Ed is finally getting his...or attempting to.

I saw someone reference Hendrix being influential to this day...yeah. He's also deader than a motherfucker too because he was a dumbass and didn't clean up. The tragedy there is because he died of his own doing. Same with Bonham, Morrison, Bonn Scott, Keith Moon, etc. Yeah, EVH might not be as influential as he once was with the kids, but neither is Les Paul, Scotty Moore, or Chuck Berry. Their influence, however is there whether these dumb kids realize it or not.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2006

I defended this band for years. But I just can't do it anymore.
                      ......but I will keep posting about them.
                      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Julius
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                        Yeah, EVH might not be as influential as he once was with the kids, but neither is Les Paul, Scotty Moore, or Chuck Berry. Their influence, however is there whether these dumb kids realize it or not.
                        The EVH influence is still there, the kids are following all the EVH clones without knowing the true source.

Comment

• leatherpants
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • May 2005

And hey, it takes a big man to kick another when they are down and out, and say "I told you so" at the same time. Really, take comfort and give yourself a pat on the back and be proud of that fact that your balls are way bigger than your brain, or heart."

Eddie has been kicking people around for years and somebody should be doing it to him.

I know what a character like him is like... I have a drunken fool for a father that pulls these same type of stunts.

Treats people like crap. Hates everything and everybody.

I know just what kind of a person Eddie is.

Uh-huh. And I'm sure you've based this theory on mesage board speculation, 2 minute radio snippets, and the 25 years you haven't lived with Eddie? Brilliant deduction!!

Eddie isn't your dad. Your misplaced anger at Eddie is kinda sad...nothing wrong with being angry at your dad, but you should keep the anger where it belongs. Not every drunk is exactly the same. My dad was a drunk too..but I don't know Eddie. Nor do I claim to know the inner workings of band relationships, and Eddie's particular dysfunctions.

It doesn't matter anyway. I have to give kudos to any addict who tries to help themselves...no matter what the odds are. At least Eddie has tried rehab before, and is trying again. Some addicts will never admit they have a problem!

Just think about how you would feel if anytime you made a mistake, you were shown no mercy, and made to pay for it. Put yourself in Eddie's shoes and multiply that by thousands. I bet your sorry ass couldn't handle it. I bet a lot of the cocky assholes on this board couldn't handle it.

Comment

• BrownSound1
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Mar 2003

Defending VH....and when they were 3 Dave quit VH.

Comment

• halenfan25
                              CUM GUZZLER
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                              I don't think Ed planned a damn thing. I don't think he fucked up Dave's HoF glory, and I don't think some of you know what in the fuck you're talking about either.

I say Ed went to rehab before today...just re-read Dave's LA Times interview. He pretty much alludes that Ed was indisposed last week, and makes reference to him drying out.

Fact, Ed is a fall down drunk...everyone's known that for years. Hell even before Roth quit back in '85, we knew that. Here's another fact, all of those guys have had substance abuse problems. Hell Dave had the world in the palm of his hand, and it disappeared faster than Houdini. You think that was just a run of bad luck? Bullshit. Cocaine was probably the cause of that. I know for a fact that Dave was doing a huge amounts of coke when Mike Hartman was cutting stuff for the DLR Band cd. I guess that's all fine and dandy though, but to me it is just as bad. Dave appears to have gotten his shit straight, and just perhaps he's glad Ed is finally getting his...or attempting to.

I saw someone reference Hendrix being influential to this day...yeah. He's also deader than a motherfucker too because he was a dumbass and didn't clean up. The tragedy there is because he died of his own doing. Same with Bonham, Morrison, Bonn Scott, Keith Moon, etc. Yeah, EVH might not be as influential as he once was with the kids, but neither is Les Paul, Scotty Moore, or Chuck Berry. Their influence, however is there whether these dumb kids realize it or not.
                              Sorry, very little people have Eddie influenced playing now. In fact, many people are againest the non feeling type of style that Eddie had.

It took many years for people to stop being influenced by Chuck Berry.

Didn't take very long for the the Van Halen train to come and go.
                              Loves da cock!!

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2006

Sorry, very little people have Eddie influenced playing now. In fact, many people are againest the non feeling type of style that Eddie had.

It took many years for people to stop being influenced by Chuck Berry.

Didn't take very long for the the Van Halen train to come and go.
                                Mmmkayyy! Try to fuck yourself gently tonight
                                [

Comment

Working...