Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PlexiBrown
    Commando
    • Mar 2006

No. It would have been better if he took care of this shit years ago BEFORE he lost his wife, a good chunk of his fan base, his dignity as well as his bassplayer AND his chance to perform at the HIS own induction to the RRHOF.
    Somebody needs to give Ed a time machine then.

I could just see it....Ed doesn't go into rehab now. The 2007 tour happens. Eddie is drunk every night and plays like crap. The tour ends prematurely and everybody starts bitching that Ed should have gone into rehab before touring. Well, he is in rehab. It is the only shot he has to get sober, get his life back and get his chops on the guitar back. He can't even play his old material right now without fucking up left and right.
    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• dsouth99
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by indeedido
      Finally some good news. Ed is going to get the help he needs. This is FANTASTIC news. Now he can get his shit together first of all for himself. Then secondly for us and reuniting with DLR. Maybe an album could fall out instead of the tour because he can't tour when he gets out. I'm not rushing him to do anything, don't get me wrong, he needs to do this for himself.

amen bro, this is great news. also there is no sniping between dave and ed. on top of that dave isnt going to rrhof, he is staying low supporting ed and staying out of the spotlight, yet speaking in a positive way. this is GREAT news. have faith my bros.

Comment

• VanHalener
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

If he's in, he's in. Here's to hope he's a man on a mission No sheep/pun intended.
        ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

"EDWARD VAN HALEN without a guitar in his hand is a crummy human being...."

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
            Somebody needs to give Ed a time machine then.

I could just see it....Ed doesn't go into rehab now. The 2007 tour happens. Eddie is drunk every night and plays like crap. The tour ends prematurely and everybody starts bitching that Ed should have gone into rehab before touring. Well, he is in rehab. It is the only shot he has to get sober, get his life back and get his chops on the guitar back. He can't even play his old material right now without fucking up left and right.
            yeah well, his timing sucks ass and seems a little too convenient.
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
              yeah well, his timing sucks ass and seems a little too convenient.
              I'll agree on the timing complaint, but it's not like he's ducking charges like some celebs. Maybe I'm casting hope like a net into empty waters, but maybe he wants it back for a while.
              Last edited by VanHalener; 03-09-2007, 12:14 AM.
              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• dsouth99
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jan 2007

anybody who has a friend of family member who is an addict... drugs or alcohol knows what a horrific condition it is. for whatever reason ed is doing what he needs to do to move forward. frankly this has been the real cancer in his life. nobody wants to see vh reunited more than me, but first and foremost i hope he has his life together, and he is doing what it takes. i absolutely wish ed the best, and this is the most hopeful i have been in a long time, sounds like dave is totally supportive. keep the faith bros. it will happen! cut dude some slack he has been through a lot.. band breakup, marriage breakup and his mom dying, everybody is lost sometimes, but he is focusing on him now, and before he can focus on v.h. tour this needs to be done. (i know i'm the eternal optimist) have faith my bros.!
                Last edited by dsouth99; 03-09-2007, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Hey Dudes !!

This story has made it to the main Australian news website:

BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

ROCK guitarist Eddie Van Halen today said he would enter rehab "to work on myself," a move that appears to rule out a reunion by his troubled band when it is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next week.

The announcement came a month after he and former Van Halen singer David Lee Roth, his longtime antagonist, said they would tour North America later this year.

Within weeks, speculation arose the plans had run aground.

Dutch-born Van Halen, 52, who has long battled alcoholism and survived a bout with tongue cancer, said in an open letter to fans he wanted to do right by them.

"I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best," he said.

"That's why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110 per cent that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

"Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better."

The letter was released by his spokeswoman and girlfriend, Janie Liszewski, who did not respond to requests for further information.

The band, famed for such 1980s hits as Jump, Panama, and Hot for Teacher, is scheduled to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in New York on Monday.

In a 1995 interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Eddie Van Halen said he had entered rehab twice.

He recalled his only drink-driving arrest came after he had left an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting, appalled by everyone's sob story, and stopped at a bar for a few shots.

"I always got hammered to be able to cope," he told the magazine.

"I have zero social skills and I don't know how to act, so I get drunk. And then I make a real ass out of myself."
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Hows that last line ?
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dsouth99
                        anybody who has a friend of family member who is an addict... drugs or alcohol knows what a horrific condition it is.
                        I know all about it....I'm glad he's getting help, but he could have waited until Tuesday at this point, LOL.
                        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• rustoffa
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Well, he is in rehab. It is the only shot he has to get sober, get his life back, and get a set of dentures!!
                          That's what I'm screamin'!!!

Comment

• dsouth99
                            Roth Army Recruit
                            • Jan 2007

you know, actually maybe has a lot to do with why velvet revolver is the band chosen to do the induction and perform, there isn't a band out there that is better able to understand having to overcome addiction and going on to bigger and better things. i think frankly from this standpoint velvet revolver is a great choice.

Comment

• halenfan25
                              CUM GUZZLER
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2007

Eddie has been a sack of crap from 15 years and continue to be. Rehab doesn't work. Not for somebody as messed up and twisted as Eddie.

It's ashame people like him get to live when much better people have to die.
                              Loves da cock!!

Comment

• frets5150
                                Commando
                                • Feb 2004

Yeah he will go into rehab and get cleaned up for a brief moment but as soon as he hits the stage Uncle Ed will start drinking again.What... did he just find out 2 weeks ago that he needed to go to rehab? Why the fuck was this tour announced he needs to get another PR person who knows what the Fucks going on .Well Cheers Ed and thanks again.

Comment

Working...