• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • General Hina
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    It always does.

Anyone remember the circumstances surrounding the CCR non-performance?
    Yes I do...

John Fogerty refused to play with the drummer and bass player because they had been touring as CCRevisited. He instead chose to play with Springsteen and a bunch of other heavy weights. Fogerty has quite a story. He signed a bad deal, doesn't own the CCR songs he wrote and was sued for plagerizing himself and lost to Saul Zanz the guy who owns the CCR songs. He was sued for the song "Old Man Down The Road' which sounds alot like "Run Through The Jungle" Fogerty hates everyone but nhas reason to. That's all I know and excuse the typos and spelling.

Later,
    General Hina

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

The HOF is full of shit too. So much shit, so little time.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• NathanRay
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        Pros. As in playing music to pay the rent.

Not as in able to play CVH at the drop of a hat.

HoF:" 2 choices Dave- since your band isn't playing, you can do YRGM with VR, or "Jump" with the Late Night with David Letterman house band."

Dave: "If that's the best you can do, go fuck yourselves, and induct 2 former members. VH was more than that."
        Exactly Fuck that honor. VR could only pull off YRGM. He'd Have to sing along side of pokey...Because It'd have to be VR with DLR I mean these Whores Got a new album that Hits Stores...Remember was it Frontline on PBS that Featured VR around when contraband came out and How this "supergroup" was rock industry's Junkie Savior???? Or Fine you could look really Cool with the Diamond David letterman Band. These Fuckers aren't HOnOring Shit.
        "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
        Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
        Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by NathanRay
          the Diamond David letterman Band

Look for their infuction in 2013.....

Comment

• katie
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

I don't know who to believe

Roth is in VH now so why would he dilute the VH brand by going on stage with a house band or VR?

ED - Couldn't he have delayed rehab for a week?
            I mean he's been in and out over the past 15 years so a fucking week ain't gonna make a much of a difference.

Maybe the sisters don't want to pay those stupid prices for tables etc.

Something is not right about this

.....................meanwhile back at the ranch Spam & Bassplayer are rubbing their hands with glee.

At this point i'm sick of the lot of em.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Veteran
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              The Hall spokes'people' are full of shit.

There's no way Roth wanted "Jump."
              Sure there is. What song has Roth performed at EVERY single soolo show he's done in his career? Ta-fuckin'-da.

As for this whole debacle, what songs did Roth perfrom at the Boston 4th of July thing a few years back? Cali Girls - a cover, mind you - and Jump. Seems weird that suddenly he'd have a problem with YRGM. It's The HOF, and nothing would display the RnR lineage like performing a standard rock tune that VH themselves reinvented.
              RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                Commando
                • Mar 2006

Yeah, it would be great to have Ed at the HOF so everybody could watch him implode.
                And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by katie
                  I don't know who to believe

Roth is in VH now so why would he dilute the VH brand by going on stage with a house band or VR?

I mean he's been in and out over the past 15 years so a fucking week ain't gonna make a much of a difference.

Maybe the sisters don't want to pay those stupid prices for tables etc.

Something is not right about this

.....................meanwhile back at the ranch Spam & Bassplayer are rubbing their hands with glee.

At this point i'm sick of the lot of em.
                  Dave isn't in VH right now, HE IS VH right now.....

For some Poindexter to give him a 2 song ultimatum is pure BULLSHIT.
                  As for why Alex couldn't show with Dave... dunno. That's a good one.
                  Still no performance with or without Ed.
                  If he went, we would be badmouthing him for not playing.
                  If he played, we'd be badmouthing him for plugging the cordless into his ass..
                  He needs to get right ASAP.
                  This thing means nothing compared to what could happen later..
                  The old, "Why run down and fuck one, when we can walk down and fuck 'em all" story comes to mind.
                  (I'm sure LM is gonna jump all over this..)
                  Who cares if the Two Queers rub each other raw? Fuck 'em- after tuesday, they go back to being the cheap Mexican knock-off nobody cares about anyway...
                  The Hole Of Lame means less than nothing....

Comment

• katie
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                    Yeah, it would be great to have Ed at the HOF so everybody could watch him implode.
                    Unlikely as it would have been just one song.

No big deal.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

As for this whole debacle, what songs did Roth perfrom at the Boston 4th of July thing a few years back? Cali Girls - a cover, mind you - and Jump. Seems weird that suddenly he'd have a problem with YRGM. It's The HOF, and nothing would display the RnR lineage like performing a standard rock tune that VH themselves reinvented.
                      "Jump"- Although a crowd and family-freindly favorite, not Dave's. Hardly the song to represent the VH legacy, either.

And why the fuck let someone else pick YOUR music for you for your own induction?! The Kinks already did it.
                      Shouldn't be up to a suit. period.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by katie

Would it have even been a "song"?

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2006

Comment

• mickeba
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Feb 2007

Jump is extremely cringe-worthy! Hate Jump, Mickeba does! Cradle, Beautiful Girls, Ain't talking bout love, Panama, anything but Jump! It's sad DLR won't be there, but this was doomed from the start.

mickeba
                            it's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!

Comment

• kamaboko
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Nov 2006

Dave has no excuses. He lost his Get Out Of Jail card with this rendition of Jump. Christ, how can he do this hill billy version of Jump, yet say he doesn't have the time to rehearse with Schaffer? Schaffer and Co. would knock this song out in one take.

And tell me he doesn't look gay. What a joke. Message for Dave: Dude you're losing it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Dan
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kamaboko
                                Dave has no excuses. He lost his Get Out Of Jail card with this rendition of Jump. Christ, how can he do this hill billy version of Jump, yet say he doesn't have the time to rehearse with Schaffer? Schaffer and Co. would knock this song out in one take.

And tell me he doesn't look gay. What a joke. Message for Dave: Dude you're losing it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz7C0shoxIU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                                You are a Joke.

Back To the Sheep Pen.
                                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...