Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rothaholic
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Feb 2007

The official website is now sporting the Classic VH logo which means that once Ed gets his shit together they will be officially back with Diamond Dave at the helm. Who knows, they may even sort things out with Mike and have the original line up hitting arenas later in the year... I truly believe that if the reunion was a dead issue, Dave would have performed at the RRHOF ceremonies. His absence was indeed a show of solidarity (as noted by FORD).

Why do we do this to ourselves?

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rothaholic
      The official website is now sporting the Classic VH logo which means that once Ed gets his shit together they will be officially back with Diamond Dave at the helm. Who knows, they may even sort things out with Mike and have the original line up hitting arenas later in the year... I truly believe that if the reunion was a dead issue, Dave would have performed at the RRHOF ceremonies. His absence was indeed a show of solidarity (as noted by FORD).

Why do we do this to ourselves?
      Because they've done it to us for 23 years running, maybe...?
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• kamaboko
        Head Fluffer
        • Nov 2006

When VH announced a reunion, people immediately thought they meant a "reunion tour", but what VH meant was a "reunion picture". Well you got that with Wolfie included.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2006

Yes...and IF and WHEN we EVER get this Reunion off the ground, a new "Reunion Photo" will be needed. Wolfie will be sporting a goatee and ROTH "Strummin with the devil" sideburns !!

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
            I think a tour/new album is very much possible. Last nights debacle, i believe made Ed,Al, and Dave even more hungry to get things going.

Edward bettering himself has nothing to do with how his relationship with Dave is. If they have mended fences, and from Daves absence last night shows anything. Dave is loyal to VH, always was.
            A-freaking-Men.....was about to post that idea but you took the woids rite outta my mowt. Well said!

Case in point: If Dave WASN'T still in VH, you know for a FACT he'd be tellin' everyone what went down and why (which, by the way, you know will eventually happen when he writes/releases his next book - see chapter 'Reunion Blues II'). The whole fact that he's keeping silent means he's still part and parcel......OF THE ONCE AND FUTURE MIGHTY..........VAN @#$%&!! HALEN !
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by kamaboko
              When VH announced a reunion, people immediately thought they meant a "reunion tour", but what VH meant was a "reunion picture". Well you got that with Wolfie included.
              LOL!!!

Now that's funny, nice one.

It's all our fault, we expected to much....lol...
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• CROWBAR
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

If it happens at all, I'd say we're looking at 2008 at the earliest. If Ed is in one of these thirty day "rehab" places (I use that term loosely too) then we may not see a sober Ed yet. You can't cure a lifetime of drinking heavy in just that short amount of time, no fucking way. He needs a serious, long term program in order to be deprogrammed. It's that or nuthin'. Placing him back in the very environment that started all of his bad habits probably isn't the best idea. So we may not get a tour. Shit happens.

Comment

• kamaboko
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                  You can't cure a lifetime of drinking heavy in just that short amount of time, no fucking way. He needs a serious, long term program in order to be deprogrammed.
                  they need to hire mr. ginsu and take him along on the tour. this is how it would work. dave has to make sure ed is sober 24/7. if ed takes a drink, dave gets his dick cut off by mr. ginsu. knowing that, dave would make damn sure ed is sober.

Comment

• rachel66
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Dec 2004

Some people shouldnt try to be funny. It aint for them.

Comment

• kastco
                      Roadie
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by kamaboko
                      1996 was the MTV music awards, 2007 was the reunion picture and I guess in 2018 we'll all just get a shitty card in the mail with the VH logo written in crayon.
                      SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
                      THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• Binky
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                        If it happens at all, I'd say we're looking at 2008 at the earliest. If Ed is in one of these thirty day "rehab" places (I use that term loosely too) then we may not see a sober Ed yet. You can't cure a lifetime of drinking heavy in just that short amount of time, no fucking way. He needs a serious, long term program in order to be deprogrammed. It's that or nuthin'. Placing him back in the very environment that started all of his bad habits probably isn't the best idea. So we may not get a tour. Shit happens.
                        Actually, you'll be surprised how well people can recover. Alice Cooper and Johnny Cash were a mess before they found Jesus and cleaned up. Maybe that's what Eddie needs, a sense of delusion without seeing pink elephants for a change. So while I see your point it's not all going to the shredder. I was resentful about the whole RnRHoF BS until someone explained it in another thread, so now I'm just waiting. Or I could go back to me pessimism and think well they've proved they're too selfish to give a shit about their fans so why should there be a tour. On the other hand, Eddie going in now is a sign he wants to get it right this time after all the cock ups. On another hand, I should stop typing and get a glass of water. *^_^* \m/

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

I think there is more chance of an actaul bunny delivering me an easter egg in the night at the weekend then there is of this tour ever happening....
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Binky
                            Actually, you'll be surprised how well people can recover. Alice Cooper and Johnny Cash were a mess before they found Jesus and cleaned up. Maybe that's what Eddie needs, a sense of delusion without seeing pink elephants for a change. So while I see your point it's not all going to the shredder. I was resentful about the whole RnRHoF BS until someone explained it in another thread, so now I'm just waiting. Or I could go back to me pessimism and think well they've proved they're too selfish to give a shit about their fans so why should there be a tour. On the other hand, Eddie going in now is a sign he wants to get it right this time after all the cock ups. On another hand, I should stop typing and get a glass of water. *^_^* \m/
                            Alice Cooper found Jesus? Where the fuck was he hiding?

Comment

• The Guy
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2006

Its still happening.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
                                I've owned you so many times now it's not even funny, dumb ass! Eat shit!

Three Lock Rock
                                OWNING THE GAY BITCH THAT POSTED ABOVE ME, AS USUAL!
                                Three Sucks Cock

Admitting that gay bitches are usually above him
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...