X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankfasteddie
    Roadie
    • Dec 2005

Fact

I just listened again for the uptenth million time all the CVH albums and I can honesty say that there isnt one song that wouldnt go to number one immediately. I mean any of them. Any album. Pick a song put it in your music player and tell me im wrong. Its no wonder this is the greatest rock band of all time. Long live CVH
    Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!
  • chi-town324
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2007

not sure about pretty woman, and a couple others from Diver Down....but anything from FW,WCF, I,II, OR 1984 still hold up 25 yrs later

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Big Bad Bill isn't a quality song... period. Happy Trails...

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

BIG BAD BILL is great.

DANCING IN THE STREET is the only thing I consistently skip.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Bonzo1026
          Roadie
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by frankfasteddie
          I just listened again for the uptenth million time all the CVH albums and I can honesty say that there isnt one song that wouldnt go to number one immediately. I mean any of them. Any album. Pick a song put it in your music player and tell me im wrong. Its no wonder this is the greatest rock band of all time. Long live CVH
          I wouldn't go that far. I agree with some of the cats on here with the tunes they mentioned. Now saying the tunes are great and timeless is much different than saying any one of them would've been hits. Mainstream has always been gay and some their tunes although they're fuckin' hot tunes, would never have been hits. Jump for example was their first real mainstream hit and not close to one of their best on even the 1984 album, let alone the prior albums. All the sappy Gaygar ballads were hits on the pussy stations.

Zeppelin NEVER had a hit(except for I guess Whole Lotta Love) and name one of their tunes that doesn't stand the test of time. That's more what I think of CVH as well. It's all timeless but not exactly "hit" worthy.

Comment

• Bonzo1026
            Roadie
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rikk
            BIG BAD BILL is great.

DANCING IN THE STREET is the only thing I consistently skip.
            I agree. BIG BAD BILL is the shit! "Moppin up dat flo!"

I always skip Dancin' too. They always play that shit on the radio and I turn it. It's not even theirs! For as little as they DO play CVH, I wanna hear the good shit.

The other day, some station played their daily "3 at 3" BS and it was VH so I was all hyped and ready to get a fuckin' speeding ticket and here are the three:

1. Dancin' in the street
            2. Pretty Woman
            3. YRGM

Not ONE VH tune! LOL

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

actually "Jump" makes me want to puke every time i hear it...damn i hate that song!

Comment

• Take 'Em
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2005

Originally posted by chi-town324
                actually "Jump" makes me want to puke every time i hear it...damn i hate that song!
                Agreed. Throw that fucker in the trash bin I say!!!!!

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

The only cover that they've done that I do like is, "You're no good".

But we can take off "Jump", "I'll Wait"(skeeve), and "On Fire"
                  "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions

Now wait a minute......

What's wrong with "On Fire"?? :confused:
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Ellyllions
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2006

Personal preference...I just don't like it.

Never have...
                      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• Bonzo1026
                        Roadie
                        • Feb 2007

You're No Good was great. I think Where Have All The Good Times Gone was a pretty good cover too.

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Don't like the song JUMP,what's wrong with you people?
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• chi-town324
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dan
                            Don't like the song JUMP,what's wrong with you people?
                            If you like Jump, your not a true CVH fan IMO

Comment

• chi-town324
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Feb 2007

Personal preference...I just don't like it.

Never have...
                              It's probably my LEAST favorite from VH1

Comment

Working...