• Show
Clear All
  • Combat Ready
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Polk High
    No way Ed plays any roth solo songs cause
    no way Roth plays any Van hagar songs
    VH sisters (and son) play what Roth tells them to......2 or 3 Dave tunes + the Classic VH and Zero Van Hagar shit----No discussion or no tour. Dave holds all the cards-------Don't be fooled! Wait and see......

Comment

• Loons The Great

Page/Plant '95--Percy sang a Coverdale/Page tune...so, hey ya y'all, ya never know...

Comment

• ace diamond
        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

WELL,percy and pagey are well known for playing covers and claiming them as their own.

"boogie with stu" by led zeppelin="ooh, my head!!" by ritchie valens.

same song, they just changed the name. ritchie's mother sued led zeppelin for copyright infringment and she won. percy,jonesy and pagey have to pay her the royalties for every copy of "physical graffiti"
        that sells. they are still paying the valenzuala family to this day for that mistake.
        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by ace diamond
          WELL,percy and pagey are well known for playing covers and claiming them as their own.

"boogie with stu" by led zeppelin="ooh, my head!!" by ritchie valens.

same song, they just changed the name. ritchie's mother sued led zeppelin for copyright infringment and she won. percy,jonesy and pagey have to pay her the royalties for every copy of "physical graffiti"
          that sells. they are still paying the valenzuala family to this day for that mistake.
          I'm well aware of that, homeboy. My point is Robert Plant hates David Coverdale, claims he stole from Percy a whole lotta...but Page/Plant still worked up,"Shake My Tree," live in '95...

Ooh My Head was stolen from Ooh My Soul by Little Richard.

Comment

• ace diamond
            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

be that as it may, the valenzuala family owns the copyrights. and besides,led zep copied the ritchie valens song,not the little richard song. go listen to them both again.....i think you will find some distinct differences between little richard and ritchie valens.

ooh, my soul and ooh, my head.....while the names are a little close,are not the exact same song. they are not note for note,word for word the exact same tune.

however,boogie with stu and ooh,my head are the exact same song,word for word, and note for note.

as to plant hating coverdale......i don't blame him. david coverdale is an asshole.

however, a good song is a good song. and shake my tree was a damn good song.
            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Loons The Great

Originally posted by ace diamond

however, a good song is a good song.
              Hell Yeah!! That's why I hate it when cats or kitties complain about Van Rothin' playin' a cover tune...a good song is a good song is a good song...Ize don't care if yer mammy wrote it!!...

Page said something funny about this subject in an interview Ize cain't remember where...somethin' like Robert was always supposed to go back and change the lyrics...he never did and it got us in trouble...he also said something about the people that sued them usually sued them over the lyrics...not the music(as in Whole Lotta Love and You Need Love don't sound similar musically)

Originality is the art of concealing your sources.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                Veteran
                • May 2004

Well considering Yankee Rose is currently on Wolfies Myspace page - who knows.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

i say keep it to cvh material

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

and yeah you dont want any spambo shit

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2004

Althought EVH has been known to do a cover or 3, he would never do any Vai or Becker tunes because t hat would be degrading to him as a "Guitarist". That is like taking a step down for him....

He might play some Dave tunes (i.e. California girls , which is a cover in itself), but he WILL NEVER play a single tune that Vai or Becker played on.
                      -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

With 6 albums of great material?

Doubt it.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• chi-town324
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2007

never gonna happen..Eddie wouldn't play any of it...although i agree Tobacco road would be awesome, and its a cover so maybe that would happen

Comment

• Coyote
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Suppose Ed would want to play Yankee Rose, would it groove like the original? Especially the last minute or so of it... (Y'know, the "here's the national anthem" bit)
                            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Ya know, I don't see them playing Dave's stuff...because they can't! However, I could see the curtain dropping while "California Girls" is playing.
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• indeedido
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

anything from eat 'em and smile would rock!
                                This space for rent.

Comment

Working...