Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

a friend of mine got the 4reels and she said that the quality of the last half of YRGM is worse than the other parts.
    so I guess 4Reels got the BTB's Largo DVD and re-authored it as their product. not sure, though...

I'm gonna ask her to loan me it to compare those 2 versions.
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• gunnyhighway
      Groupie
      • Mar 2005

i correct meself: i meant of course 20th anniversary edition...

Comment

• gunnyhighway
        Groupie
        • Mar 2005

thanx for answering, dude! i'm looking forward to your final appreciation of the 2 versions... by the way, i bought a 4reel dvd of the who 1973 voorburg concert cos they told on their site that it would be "excellent", but after i put it in my player, i noticed that "excellent" is not quite the right word IMHO. i'd rather call it "watchable". PS all their releases are marked "excellent"... everything is relative, as someone said...

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jharp84
          Email me or pm me!!! jharp84@hotmail.com I will help!!!!
          me too!!!
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• perilousepete
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2007

i ordered the US Festival concert dvd from http://store.rarelivedvd.com/vanhaliusfe8.html and it's not bad. the quality is quit, but that's just because it was 1983, and because it's a bootleg of course. but the entire show is covered as well as some interviews and shit. you get the raw classic VH feel (without actually being there, like me, since I wasn't born for another 6 years)
            http://geocities.com/sirdominic@sbcg...iestrat3yx.jpg

Comment

• Little Lamont
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2007

Man, those boots look great on the video iPod! The small screen just sharpens the fuck out of the picture and the sound is some tight shit. Best CVH video experience I've ever had. If ya'll don't have a pod, it's worth it just for this.

Comment

• Cato
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by gunnyhighway
                thanx for answering, dude! i'm looking forward to your final appreciation of the 2 versions... by the way, i bought a 4reel dvd of the who 1973 voorburg concert cos they told on their site that it would be "excellent", but after i put it in my player, i noticed that "excellent" is not quite the right word IMHO. i'd rather call it "watchable". PS all their releases are marked "excellent"... everything is relative, as someone said...
                got it. as I guessed, the 4reels Largo is the same as BTB's.
                the only difference is 4reels is a single DVD(BTB's is a 2 DVD set).

4reels productions saying about this DVD like this on the back cover...

"Here it is folks! Van Halen 1982 Largo, Maryland! This DVD features Van Halen at their best, live and exceptional quality! There have been many versions of this floating around for years and 4 Reel Productions presents it here for the first time in the best EVER quality.
                Audio is excellent as well and has been re-mastered in Dolby Digital 5.1 for your listening pleasure. Sit back and enjoy seeing this show at its best!"

liars.
                Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• gunnyhighway
                  Groupie
                  • Mar 2005

Cato, thanks for reporting this. i expected this and now i know...
                  one cant be too careful about stuff like that. Unfortunately we can't get this stuff anymore (officially, that is). It's a real shame: deep purple (who i also admire) put out tons of official live audio + video recordings, and u cant find anything from CVH. Hope, if the CVH reunion happens and lasts a little while, they will release ONE dvd at least (US fest or largo) officially! Oh Lord, hear our prayers...

Comment

• gunnyhighway
                    Groupie
                    • Mar 2005

Re: Re: Re: Van Halen DVD'S

folks: as it seems the 4 reel website doesnt exist any longer.... i guess they deserved it...

The best resource for musicians of all levels. A place where you can learn and share everything related to your musical journey.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2007

I gotta do it...

copy/paste.

Because I care.
                      <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/61V3c0UKnos"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/61V3c0UKnos" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• vhwithroth
                        Groupie
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by vh rides again
                        your better off getting a dvd burner, then downloading bit torrents and burning them yourself.
                        for 100 bucks you can have em all.
                        Call me Mr. Stupid,but how do I download bit torrents?

Comment

• Redballjets88
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

download utorrent, then find a site that has torrent files.
                          R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

Working...