Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • light 'em up!
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

At least they're doing something their fans like. Van Halen has been pissing off their fans for nearly a decade, some would claim 2 decades!

I personally don't get the Wiggles, but my 2½ year old daughter thinks they're the bomb!

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

The Wiggles just tailor to the under 5 age group, kinda like how Van Hagar tailors to the under 5 IQ.

Comment

• evans5150
        Roadie
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
        You guys are fucked up on this one. First, Sammy sucks being with VH. Second he shouldn't be trying to sing any songs that Dave was part of, but to say that ed sucked, i don't see it. Ed wrote the fucking tunes, he doesn't have to play it to a tee. I didn't see or hear Ed miss a beat in any song. Oh, he didn't play the complete riff on unchained like the album, so fucking what. You guys are going to bitch at every little piece of sound or video that comes out on VH. So let me get this straight, You can totally diss on Ed and his playing, but Dave forgetting lyrics in a song is fine. Let's compare apples to apples here alright. Let's stop the bullshit, everyone here, including me wishes it was Dave up their singing and not Sammy. Even if John Bonam crawled out of his grave and Led Zepplin had a reunion tour, they would not sound like they did backed then live. The whole point is to see the origional band on stage playing, they could never get that youthful sound and energy back. They are just not the same as they were when they were young, and that includes Dave.
        They're drama queens.

Comment

• Scouser
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Jun 2004

Maybe its a good thing Dave isnt out there with them. As great as he is, I doubt there is much he could do to make Ed and Al give a shit. Mike was the only one who actually looked interested in the gig...and Sam, well, man he is just one big fatass tomato with a goatee out there isnt he. Stick to Three Lock Box and Where Eagles Fly, Sam. Leave the Rock N Roll to Dave!
          Oh bloody hell...

Comment

• flappo
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by pete
            i can't get it to play

..you lucky bastard

Comment

• snakeyearl
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jun 2004

dave

Hey,Diamond Dave made Van halen what they are today.If you are not a musician and most people are not, it really didn't matter how many fingers eddie used. DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN!

Comment

• freak
                Sniper
                • May 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeWrath
                "Unchained" sounds good as new coming from the golden pipes of The Sam! Excellent!!!!

He makes the song His own.
                I think he was using the pipes at the wrong end. It sounded like something you take Pepto-Bismol for.

As far as making the song his own...I suppose the same could be said for a homeless guy who lifts a Bentley

I'm glad I didn't pay money to sit in a half empty ampetheater and listen to that crap.

Comment

• snakeyearl
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jun 2004

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think Eddie is one of the best people guitarist ever. The first time I heard their first album back around 1979 it not only changed the way I played guitar,it changed my life for the best. Thanks David,Michael,Alex,and Eddie! P.S. SAMMY IS OK WHEN HE IS SOLO,BUT HE REALLY FUCKS UP THE VAN HALEN SOUND!

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                    You guys are fucked up on this one. First, Sammy sucks being with VH. Second he shouldn't be trying to sing any songs that Dave was part of, but to say that ed sucked, i don't see it. Ed wrote the fucking tunes, he doesn't have to play it to a tee. I didn't see or hear Ed miss a beat in any song. Oh, he didn't play the complete riff on unchained like the album, so fucking what. You guys are going to bitch at every little piece of sound or video that comes out on VH. So let me get this straight, You can totally diss on Ed and his playing, but Dave forgetting lyrics in a song is fine. Let's compare apples to apples here alright. Let's stop the bullshit, everyone here, including me wishes it was Dave up their singing and not Sammy. Even if John Bonam crawled out of his grave and Led Zepplin had a reunion tour, they would not sound like they did backed then live. The whole point is to see the origional band on stage playing, they could never get that youthful sound and energy back. They are just not the same as they were when they were young, and that includes Dave.
                    Dude, you have no ear for music. It isn't that he isn't playing the shit note for note. It's that he is hitting "WRONG" notes constantly.
                    Do you know what it sounds like to hit a note that doesn't fit?
                    I do you jackass, i've done it qiute a few times in my gigging life but never on the scale Sir Edward is doing on this tour.
                    Jeez, what the fuck is clogging your ears?
                    get a wax removal kit and fucking listen to the music instead of salvating over your precious Eddie....Damn, you morons are in worse shape than i expected. Hell, Van Hagar is in worse shape than i anticipated.
                    I personally don't like seeing the guy (Ed) playing so horribly and i wish it wasn't as bad as it really is. But my head isn't up his ass to the point that i cannot hear a fucked up performance.

You damned Van Hagaritas need a fucking cranial enema to get your heads back on straight.

I'll tell you this, Mr. Judgemental, If Dave was fronting the band in that clip it would not change my opinion and this is exactly the mother fucking reason i pray Dave never does reunite with those has-beens.

Edward needs to just stop and call it a career before he destroys his legacy completely, and the asshole is not far from doing just that.

Ed needs someone to throw him a life preserver and fast......He's toast.

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Shit this is really bad and sucks big time, Spammy good at that.
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                        Dude, you have no ear for music. It isn't that he isn't playing the shit note for note. It's that he is hitting "WRONG" notes constantly.
                        Do you know what it sounds like to hit a note that doesn't fit?
                        I do you jackass, i've done it qiute a few times in my gigging life but never on the scale Sir Edward is doing on this tour.
                        Jeez, what the fuck is clogging your ears?
                        get a wax removal kit and fucking listen to the music instead of salvating over your precious Eddie....Damn, you morons are in worse shape than i expected. Hell, Van Hagar is in worse shape than i anticipated.
                        I personally don't like seeing the guy (Ed) playing so horribly and i wish it wasn't as bad as it really is. But my head isn't up his ass to the point that i cannot hear a fucked up performance.

You damned Van Hagaritas need a fucking cranial enema to get your heads back on straight.

I'll tell you this, Mr. Judgemental, If Dave was fronting the band in that clip it would not change my opinion and this is exactly the mother fucking reason i pray Dave never does reunite with those has-beens.

Edward needs to just stop and call it a career before he destroys his legacy completely, and the asshole is not far from doing just that.

Ed needs someone to throw him a life preserver and fast......He's toast.
                        Nice bro.....kinda gettin' quiet around here eh?

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                          Wolfgang remembering what Eddie should have been playing would have been the best bit of the show I reckon !
                          HAHAHAHAHA~!

".. no whine sold before its time - except in the case of EVH."

Comment

Working...