Obituary: Bassplayer, Mikey, Michael Anthony or whatever...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Anthony not being there would be more tolerable if there were some new music coming out of all this.

Short of that, it's an incomplete CVH reunion that's charging premium prices as if it were the real deal.

Apologies to MAX, but fuck that shit.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
      Here is a whole lot of suck.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HkojKnuecw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HkojKnuecw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Who's this?

Captain QueefFart?

Comment

• m_dixon1984
        Foot Soldier
        • Aug 2004

Finally a sensible thread on the subject.

I have nothing more to add.

M
        http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...rip10_full.jpg

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

With all that went on with the 2004 tour...with Sammy negotiating Mike in, I really do not find what happened here all that shocking.

I find it very unfortunate.
          I don't like seeing any one that seems like a decent guy get fucked...but it is what it is.

I hope I can make the Diamond Dave tour this fall with his new back up band!

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

No, Edward looks like that dude on the original Alien, when the thing comes bursting out of his chest... I don't recall the Limey bastard's name, but from afar in that pic, that's who Edward looks like... uh huh uh huh

That is all.

Icon.
            An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Even Hagar fans admit that Vic the Busboy can't play the Van Hagar stuff worth a shit. Maybe they should take a page from Dave, and hire someone from a Van Hagar tribute band to play the "Other Half-assed" shows?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

If Wolfie being in the band means that they spend time playing and creating new music - because they want to be with each other, I don't see how this is anyhing but great news.

Even if Mike was to join, it would be a part-time gig for him. Seriously. Ok he would be on board for the tour and then what? How long before Sam starts clamouring for a two-headed monster tour with him and Dave sharing the stage or whatever.

People change. We could ask Van Halen to get back together for a tour but then what? If Wolf can play, and this really is a new band as Dave says, then this is better than we could have hoped.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Wolfie makes Mike look thin.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

DAVE OR THE GRAVE SHEEP MUTHAFUCKAS!!!
                    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                      A cross between Micky Dolenz and Ben Vereen.
                      Holy shit! You're right!!
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• TheRothMan
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • May 2004

MA's Absence

Talk about crybabies.

I would bet if any of these people who say MA's absence is not important, would go out and buy a Maserati and after getting it home, they notice a small scratch on the bumper. They would bring it back right away. Why? The scratch does not affect the operation of the car. In fact, hardly anybody would notice. But I would bet you they would still bring it back.

I'm glad "most" of VH is back together. But do you see my point above? No one can say that this is the best case scenario. Good, yes.
                        Great! No.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

After becoming buddy buddy with Hagar, Michael Anthony lost any right he formerly had to be in Van Halen. Anyone as closely aligned with Hagar as Anthony is should not be in the band. It is that simple. Hagar is the exact opposite of what Van Halen stands for. If Anthony feels more in the Hagar camp than the Roth camp, Anthony has no business being in the band. Good riddance.

You Michael Anthony lovers are just like those Ace Frehley and Peter Criss lovers. Kiss is better off without Frehley and Criss who can barely play any more and have serious attitude problems. Similarly Van Halen is better off without Anthony as Wolfgang is surely more talented (DNA) and Anthony has selected his place in history by being a Hagar lover.
                          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

'ello folks.

I wrote this post to entertain you and leaving here it aggrivated some of you... Don't you know it means the same to me?

Seriously, I think we've all made our points whether it be pro or con regarding MA. I just happen to be one of the people so stoked for the new shows, I don't care about Anthony. I don't hate him by any means, he's just the pasture. Gosh, I love that new Rothism.

Anyhoo and as we all know by now, I also lubz pushin' certain people's collective buttons. lol

Fuckin' A people, this tour's gonna rock!!!

I love the new commercial as well...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIntpv66EgI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIntpv66EgI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I also love the usually lame www.van-halen.com where the've erased the post Roth catalogue (as should be) and they have added:

FULL SITE LAUNCHING IN SEPTEMBER '07!

The PR machine's on all cylinders for this one. Sold out shows, extensive radio play, etc. Our fuckin' local DJ's can't praise this thing enough.

I thought it (the tour) would snowball a bit but not to this extent? It's also odd that most of us gave up hope after 1996 but market the fucker correctly, bring back tha champs and the people are there in droves!!!

If/when I happen to hit a show on the west coast with my bro JMJ, I hope to run into a cupla certain shitheals in person so I can snap them like a stick.

Better yet, I hope the naysayers stick to that "Other Half" manure and stay clear of our party (that we've OH SO WAITED FOREVER) cos judging by their collective tastes in music and their void of personalities, the upcoming shows might actually make them smile?

Fuckers.

In a nutshell, this just keeps getting better everyday!!!

I love all the new people joining the site and all of the enthusiasm that goes along with it!!!

That's what my initial point was in starting this thread. You peeps that don't like it, that's fine by me and doesn't bother my ass none. Regardless, this is Van Halen man, 'tis supposed to be about fun man... If you don't like it? Well, that's fine as well but then do the rest of us a flava?

I'll put this as succinctly, graciously and respectfully as I can...

STAY HOME AND SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

and get on with your lives...

Seriously, your collective daily wailin' about the unjustice done to your hero Anthony 'tis over. Go see a friggin' shrink, have him/her write you a perscription for some valium and just go away...

Get 'em Wolfie!!! Grrrrrr...
                            Last edited by MAX; 08-19-2007, 05:48 AM.
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                              'ello folks.

every ticket sold puts Mach II that much more in the past-ture.

and the "if we all grow up we can all do it together" comment that much more irrelevant.

Dont ya love it.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I wonder if the "full launch" of the "new" van-halen.com is going to include a message board?

If so, you can bet they won't call it "The Pasture Dump" this time around
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...