Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLRdelight!
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

fuck the show was amazing!!!!! pretty sure it was the same set list even though i have resisted from looking at it for the past month and some. fuck highlights were romeo delight for me everybody wants some jamie dance the night....fuck man good shit. only complaint is that ed should not have used those art series ones. didnt sound as good as the one he has been using. it was in tune just a little harder to hear. soundwise it was pretty fucking good. could have i just wish it could have been louder even though it was already hella loud!!! i love my shit loud!!! i got tickets for the 14th and im debating if i should go again...... what do you guys say!!!???

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Two words: Holy Crap!!
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

The show was fantastic as expected. Having been at Charlotte, the expectations were ON.

Dave looks more cut up than ever. Wolfie seems more relaxed on stage.

These guys give you an aerobic work out - NONSTOP!

Over and out from HOLLYROTHLAND!!!
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• dave_is_vh
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

The show was killer. Best concert I have ever seen. Dave was absolutely unbelievable. Dave truly is Van Halen.

Eddie was better than I expected but still not nearly as good as he used to be.

Highlights for me were Romeo Delight, Little Guitars, and Mean Streets.

A couple negatives. Eddie was using a cable not wireless and stood in front of the drums in the middle of the stage for most of the show. I thought that was a bit strange. After subjecting his guitar to whammy bar torture during his guitar solo Ed did not think to change guitars prior to starting the next song (Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love) and his high E string was out of tune (duh!). Fortunately Ed realized this and stopped using that string for the rest of the song. Al had a pretty big screw up in Pretty Woman and a small one in Hot For Teacher but his drum solo was pretty good and I generally don't like drum solos. Wolfgang was very good and was moving around the stage more. He told Dave give him a break during Unchained. Wolfgang is a much better lip syncher than Ed. It didn't take Ed long to convince me for sure that the background vocals were piped in.

But that being said Dave was beyond perfect and the show was beyond extraordinary.
          "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• arastar
            Groupie
            • Feb 2004

One aspect that I'm always curious to hear about is whether Ed and Dave interact with each other and how much? During the Boston show they truly seemed like they were having THE BEST time. A week later in Worcester they only interacted when they had to. I.e. during Dave's impression of a motorcycle, during the little cover tune interludes, etc.

Comment

• bantonelli
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
              Wolfgang is a much better lip syncher than Ed. It didn't take Ed long to convince me for sure that the background vocals were piped in.

But that being said Dave was beyond perfect and the show was beyond extraordinary.

LOL! I don't remember which song, but as far as the lip-synching goes, Ed had a cigarette in his mouth and trying to sing background vocals simultaneously!?!....that made it ever so obvious the vocals were piped in.
              "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• General Hina
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

Wolfgang has no business...

being on that stage. I don't care what his last name is that kid is BORING! Zero stage presence!!! Can he play bass... sure he can. Is he a better bass player than Michael Anthony... hey ya know what... he just might be. BUT... sometimes rock and roll is more than just being able to play your instrument. MA knew how to run around and get some energy on stage and in the crowd and for me his background vocals were sorely missed. Was Eddie great... yes but seriously... the same fucking solo for the past 10 years!!! Alex... rock solid as always... maybe he's the best part of the band. DLR... looks great!! Finally has a cool haircut and I finally loved his stage clothes. Did he sound great... no but he sounded really good although the sound at the Staples center is not good. Now overall the show for me was just okay. Much like the Sammy show in 2004 there were elements missing. 2004 had rock solid Alex and drunk Eddie but MA and Sammy tried to supply the energy by running around and engaging the crowd. Last night we had rock solid Alex and sober Eddie but we had a boring kid pretending to be a rockstar. When he said "Dave give me a break" it just sucked. The kid has zero charisma. Now for DLR... the greatest front man in the world did not engage the audience at all. Why have that s shaped ramp if you're not going to run around and get crazy. It was a very safe lackluster performance. I saw the Stones last year at Dodger Stadium and Mick ran from left field to right field all night long. high energy and great sound. I only say this because age is not a factor.

That's my honest review. I didn't hate the show but Wolfie did ruin a lot of it for me.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I remember a point where Ed didn't even bother to open his mouth near the mic, yet there was his voice...:p

Overall a kickass show, though. I'd actually say their energy level was higher than when I saw them on the 1984 tour.
                  They were having fun and you could tell...

And the ladies (and whiners) on the board would have been impressed with the amount of Dave back-bends... Not sure what Hina's talking about...Dave was great....
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• General Hina
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                    Not sure what Hina's talking about...Dave was great....
                    I'm talking about Dave just "walking" around the stage and Eddie being strpped to the drum riser with his guitar cord. Did Dave run around? No did thay utilize those fucking ramps... yeah they took a "stroll" on them evry now and then. Dave carried a giant blow-up microphone over his head up the ramp... that's boring shit to me. Those guys look like they're in great shape so let's run around and have so fun.

Over & Out,
                    General Hina

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
                      could have i just wish it could have been louder even though it was already hella loud!!! i love my shit loud!!!
                      Now there's something I'd NEVER thought I'd hear on this tour....

LOUDER ??
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                        I remember a point where Ed didn't even bother to open his mouth near the mic, yet there was his voice...:p
                        I found it amazing that Wolfgang could sing harmony vocals all by himself with no help from anyone else

Also Alex's screw ups were on Pretty Woman and I'll Wait. No screwups on Hot for Teacher.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                          That's my honest review. I didn't hate the show but Wolfie did ruin a lot of it for me.
                          LOL!!! Anthony really was the core of Van Halen. Hahahahahhahaa!!!!!!!

Comment

• General Hina
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                            LOL!!! Anthony really was the core of Van Halen. Hahahahahhahaa!!!!!!!

MA was far from being the core of VH but Wolfie definitely brought the show down quite a few notches. His stage performance... sucked.

Over & Out,
                            General Hina

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by naturochem
                              I really hope this faggot shows & someone kicks his fucking teeth in.... certainly wouldn't detract from my night...

Anyone have an xtra??
                              LOL It wouldn't be the first time that's happened here actually...

But given that Kennedy is probably a chick, I doubt it will happen...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Wolfgang has no business...

Originally posted by General Hina
                                being on that stage. I don't care what his last name is that kid is BORING! Zero stage presence!!! Can he play bass... sure he can. Is he a better bass player than Michael Anthony... hey ya know what... he just might be. BUT... sometimes rock and roll is more than just being able to play your instrument. MA knew how to run around and get some energy on stage and in the crowd and for me his background vocals were sorely missed. Was Eddie great... yes but seriously... the same fucking solo for the past 10 years!!! Alex... rock solid as always... maybe he's the best part of the band. DLR... looks great!! Finally has a cool haircut and I finally loved his stage clothes. Did he sound great... no but he sounded really good although the sound at the Staples center is not good. Now overall the show for me was just okay. Much like the Sammy show in 2004 there were elements missing. 2004 had rock solid Alex and drunk Eddie but MA and Sammy tried to supply the energy by running around and engaging the crowd. Last night we had rock solid Alex and sober Eddie but we had a boring kid pretending to be a rockstar. When he said "Dave give me a break" it just sucked. The kid has zero charisma. Now for DLR... the greatest front man in the world did not engage the audience at all. Why have that s shaped ramp if you're not going to run around and get crazy. It was a very safe lackluster performance. I saw the Stones last year at Dodger Stadium and Mick ran from left field to right field all night long. high energy and great sound. I only say this because age is not a factor.

I seriously doubt that Wolfgang is a better bassist than MA. And the fact that they now need to pipe in so much (but certainly not all, as backing tracks are all too common in live music now) of the backing vocal is lame, I don't care what anyone says. It's one thing when bands like U2 make no secret that they do it to recreate complex songs, that's one thing. But when the "revision" tour is doing it to make up for what should be there in the first place, that just sucks...

And as far as 2004, I didn't follow the tour since seeing Van Hagar again didn't interest me in the least, but I had read at the Links that Mike was thought to have "carried" a bewildered Ed through a lot of shows. In fact, I think I read that it seemed that Mike would turn up his bass and play more complex arrangements as Edwad withered..
                                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...