X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
    Definitely don't hear as much Hendrix as, say, Page in EVH's playing. Can definitely hear traces of Hendrix in EVH's vibrato arm use.

Hendrix......well, I don't bother rating guitarists. Would say that Hendrix and Halen are par as far as their playing standing out from their contemporaries.

Tough to say who revolutionized the instrument more. Someone once said about Hendrix it was like going from black and white to technicolor.

I dig 'em both.
    yep, well said terry.
    um, i liked ace cause i was 10 years old!!
    guess he was the first guy who made me want to play guitar.
    the whole kiss thing was very cool.

Comment

• TMR

Re: Eddie Van Halen Sucks Now

Originally posted by famac
      You know, after so many years of playing the guitar, it's shocking that Eddie is still unable to put a decent melodic structure into his solos. They are just a bunch of tricks anyone can do stuck together in the same old pattern.

There's just not a drop of thought in it.

In the old days, all of the tapping was novel, and sometimes you would get that blistering burst of hard fast playing. But now, it's all harmonics, tapping, and a few tentative notes while the pick-up is set to bridge.

It makes you wonder if Eddie is only as good as who he's playing with, and does someone with that handle deserve such accolades?

Maybe that's why Rolling Stone dug him a ditch on their last 100 Greet Guitarists poll.

FINALLY, THE TRUTH comes OUT!! Thanks for updating these people on the FACTS! Eddie Van Halen SUCKS!

Comment

• BARE BONE
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2004

Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.

Comment

• TMR

A picture of a LOSER!

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by TMR
            A picture of a LOSER!
            Hmmm...i didnt see a picture of you?

Comment

• gslinger
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
              yep, well said terry.
              um, i liked ace cause i was 10 years old!!
              guess he was the first guy who made me want to play guitar.
              the whole kiss thing was very cool.
              a
              <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
              "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
              </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
              <center>
              "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
              <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• gslinger
                Foot Soldier
                • May 2004

a
                <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                <center>
                "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

Working...