X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    The funny thing about Hagar's smack here is he could never sing any of the CVH stuff worth a shit...
    And Wolfie can cover everything bassplayer EVER did with CVH!

LMAO!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Re: SAMMY HAGAR Says VAN HALEN Is 'Crazy' For Excluding MICHAEL ANTHONY

Originally stated by that delusional fool Sammy Hagar
      We had 14 number one records.
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Glad everyone is enjoying a little comic relief. Clowns do serve a purpose you know.

Comment

• TVGUY
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2007

I've seen both show so far.. And NOT ONCE did I miss a Hagar tune.. Sammy can go fuck himself... The tour rocks on without him.
          Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
            And Wolfie can cover everything bassplayer EVER did with CVH!

LMAO!
            Yeah, and Dave's band could "cover" whatever he did with CVH too. Doesn't mean it's the same.

I think Wolfie played very well, all things considered, but it's clearly different. And it's also apparent that the intro to RWTD, in which people made fun of Mike for years over with the "e,e,e,e" thing - including me, is not as easy as it seems since both Wolf AND Ed flubbed the beginning of that song. Does it still sound kick-ass. HELL YES!! But there's a minor mistake there.

I think they'd have been even better with Michael Anthony on bass. I haven't bothered to listen to much of the 2004 tour stuff because I'm not interested. But it's been said that it was often Mike that carried Ed and his drunken guitar playing through many of the shows.

Although I'll say they were damn good overall the other night in Charlotte, Ed's playing isn't as tight as it once was. And Wolf isn't playing or singing as well as Mike did. I think someone at the Links said they thought there might have been backing-vocal-recording-tracks triggered at certain points. I really can't tell so far.

I actually think Dave and Alex were the best ones on stage by far.
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-30-2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Re: SAMMY HAGAR Says VAN HALEN Is 'Crazy' For Excluding MICHAEL ANTHONY

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
              Sammy Hagar's PR guy:

Comment

• TN Dave Fan
                Full On Cocktard
                • Mar 2004

I don't know how Hagar really feels about the tour - he sounds like he knew that the real fans, of the real Van Halen, always wanted Dave back fronting the band where he belongs - He knows that and is trying his best to not say the wrong thing, so not to lose the last remaining Van Hagar fans he has - he even referred to it as Van Hagar. I honestly never could stomach much of any of the songs they recorded with Sam on vocals - it was mostly crap. I thought at one time I was going to have to deal with it and I tried to like some of the tunes - someone gave me a recorded copy of the F. U. C. K. album and I really tried to like poundcake....etc. but eventually it was like trying to like a totally different band - not same band / different singer.... so I don't even own anything other then the 6 classic albums and the Best of with the 2 Dave tunes (which are OK but not as good as the other older stuff) .... but I skip past every one of the tunes after the DLR tunes right after they come on - one at a time - until "Can't get this stuff" starts - I just can't listen to it at the same time as real VH tunes. The song they did on the Twister soundtrack is almost worthy of a listen ... but it was for a frickin' movie.

I don't feel sorry for Sam - just wish he would quit recording albums so the local radio station would stop playing his new crap everytime it comes out.... luckily it only lasts a couple weeks and it disappears from the playlist.

As for the Concert last night - my seats kind of sucked and I couldn't see the big screen very well due to hanging speakers - plus sound wasn't as good up where we sat... BUT ... it didn't matter - my gawd it was great to see them together. THE SHOW IS GREAT! - I was never fortunate enough to see them while I was a teenager - they broke up and I obviously never even considered seeing them until last night. I did see Dave solo a few years back and he was still great - but he did sound like he has turned up the singing a notch since the 03 show I attended/screamed through/ left hoarse and happy. Meaning he was better last night - seemed happier - left out the cliched schtick - and genuinely tried to give the 25,000 fans in attendance a true Rock-N-Roll show they deserved.

Hey guys and nay sayers - Wolfie did just fine - the vocals were his and Ed's and sounded great to me (considering my seats). Ed appears to be doing his best to return to the form he once was and Alex - well he was Alex awesome as expected.

Looking forward to never having to hear anything other then CVH & DLR tunes live.... and really looking forward to the NEW music - destined to come out of this newly re-formed VAN HALEN.
                All is finally right with the world - Van Halen has finally gotten back together.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Who is Sammy Hagar?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2003

Who is Sammy Hagar?
                    David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
                    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
                      David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..
                      Who is Bette Midler?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2003

Who is Bette Midler?
                        Bette Midler is an actress/singer that bears an uncanny resemblance to Sammy Hagar. .. based on both being fat, old, red hair and both have FLOPPY, SLOPPY BREASTS. Bette was in a popular movie called Beaches and Sammy Hagar is just a plain Beatch.Thanks for your time..
                        "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

Nuff said!!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2006

Anybody who thinks that some rock band owes them something is in a bad place.
                            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• light 'em up!
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2004

SAMMY HAGAR Says VAN HALEN Is 'Crazy' For Excluding MICHAEL ANTHONY From Reunion - Sep. 29, 2007

So, fire Mona and hire Mike full-time for your own band instead of creating those sideshow turds otherwise known as the mad anthony express and the other half.

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2004

Van Hagar sold a lot of records, sure. So did Mili Vanilli. Fans smiled for a few minutes, realized they got burned and forgot the tunes three months later.

"Right Now" is about as timeless as Crystal Pepsi.

When Dave hit the stage with Ed last Thursday, Van Hagar instantly became a footnote. *poof* "Heard ya missed us; we're back!"
                                "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
                                "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

Working...