Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ULTRAMAN VH
    Commando
    • May 2004

What the F##k is Hagar spewing. I went to the Philly show last night and there was a spattering of Sammy era T-shirts roaming around, but no one and I mean no one was clamoring to hear, When It's Love. Dave and his catalogue of classic VH ruled the evening. It was a perfect night until we filed out of the arena. There was a local radio station that had a huge video screen playing VH videos at the entrance of the arena and when we went in they were playing Panama. As we filed out of the arena they were playing the When It's Love video. Piss poor taste by this radio station and it really ticked me off. Other than that, it was a magical evening. DLR era VH rules, period.

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MAX
      Fucking terrible...

That guy cannot sing lead on VH tunes nor should he be allowed to do so.

K, there are/were lots of folks who've cried that Dave's solo outing over the last several years has been a "cover band" no? Well, at least they're Dave's songs of which he wrote!!!

Now MA's doing this shit along with ZZ-Top Covers, I guess and it's ok? Fuckin' MA didn't write these tunes and this sounds more like the definition of a cover band to me? In fact, has MA ever written a song of his own at all and at any point?
      I read an interview with Mike a few years ago in which he was asked about Dave and his band performing a mostly CVH setlist, and Mike (apparently laughing) gave a slightly sarcastic reply about Dave fronting a VH cover band. I thought it was a stupid thing to say.

So yeah it's more than a little hypocritical for Mike to now go out and play CVH tunes that he had no part in writing.

Comment

• light 'em up!
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
        IMike (apparently laughing) gave a slightly sarcastic reply about Dave fronting a VH cover band.
        I remember that statement. Unfortunately for Michael Anthony, what goes around comes around...

In fact, MA doesn't even get to be Sammy's bass-player, Mona gets that gig. MA's band is the Other Half and the Sauce Boy Express... it's sad, but it's quite laughable too.

Comment

• Atomic Dyver
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

This is a joke right? Gaygar think true VH fans miss those shitty sissy-ass songs? Once again the Gay Rocker proves he has no fuckin clue. He will always be a 3rd rate clown. And now he will be put back in his place as a footnote and the low point of the Mighty VH.

Comment

Foot Soldier
            • Jun 2007

Hey, have the Red Rocker`s Revolution turned up to any of Van Halen`s shows yet? They were planning to disrupt the concerts, and threatened to kick the shit out of the Roth army. I think their all talk.

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Red Rocker Revolution. LMAO I wish a motherfucker from that group would try to kick my ass.

Comment

• ziggysmalls
                Full On Cocktard
                • Dec 2006

I have yet to hear any reports of the "Mike Navy" bringing banners or wearing their "Got Mike?" shirts in protest.

Will be on the lookout for them in Cleveland next week. However everybody in Cleveland thinks that Bob Golic was the bass player for Van Halen so I don't expect too many problems.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Vic the Busboy trying to play Eddie Van Halen is like Sid Vicious trying to play Jaco Pastorius.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• hotdog@ a shake
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

Oh man ...

Horrid is all that comes to mind.

The main problem is that outside of his great backing vocals from the Classic Dave era of Van Halen, Michael Anthony jus has no personality and charisma to carry him as a lead singer ...

I gotta admit, I really didn't miss this guy when I saw the show in Greensboro.

Leave Wolfie right where he is and here's hoping to a new disc with the new lineup in '08 ...

Comment

• Douglas T.
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      Is this it ??
                      Or THIS!
                      <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tc-ZqtveDdw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tc-ZqtveDdw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jim Shetterlini
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Douglas T.
                        Or THIS!
                        <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tc-ZqtveDdw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tc-ZqtveDdw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                        When tha fuck was this???? Embarassing!

Comment

• kenny8
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jul 2006

Jesus Christ. I'm speechless.........Does Sammy bring out a Gary Cherone impersonator too?

I suppose the real Gary turns up

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Or THIS!
                            BWAWAWWAWAWAWAWAWAAAAA !!!!!!!

Hagar = PWN3D by a Dave impersonator = PRICELESS !
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

You would expect Spammy the asshole to mock CVH music, Dave and one of the greatest rock songs of all time but what the fuck is Mike thinking? Without Dave and Ed, Mike would be working at Burger King. Good riddance!
                              Last edited by PlexiBrown; 10-15-2007, 01:11 AM.
                              And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Or THIS!
                                Funny, how you NEVER saw Dave bring a look-a-like Spammy/Mike on stage with him. Know why?

Because in a rational world people wouldn't pay money to see them. Dave KNEW that. Unlike a lot of little whining bitches here that cried for their E-string thumping, can't hold a tune shreiking Mullet Man. bassplayer was going to make this current tour a success? Baw-hahahahahaha! Pathetic that they'd carry water for Dave and wave his flag and on the same forum take up for some no-talent Cabo hack that loves to play with Spammy.

Keep taking that high road...all the way to Hell!
                                http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...