X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikebuczek
    Groupie
    • Nov 2004

yes 11

I never had the opportunity to see the originals, but I saw David 3 (yankee rose tour,and the next album)times on the floor and he played wicked loud. Volume makes a concert very memorible.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Memorable...even...

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Ever seen Manowar or Motorhead live?

Van Halen plays at 3 in comparison...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• cscmtp
          Groupie
          • Mar 2004

My ears were ringing after 4 days from the Greensboro show!!!

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

I got pinned up against the front stage speaker stack at Aerosmith in 77 and my ears haven't stopped ringing it's maddening, so quit cher cryin.

I'm hoping VH nocks them completely out.lol

Just kidding

sept, for the ringing sh!t.

Roth On!

Comment

• VindictivePantz
              Full On Cocktard
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jharp84
              Were you at shoeless Joe's?? Pre-concert!
              No, unfortunately - Had a crisis at work right when I wanted to take off so I didn't make it out there like I wanted to. Hopefully you were able to have enough alcohol for me :P
              http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/7557/bnwevhvp3zf.jpg

Comment

• naturochem
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                Ever seen Manowar or Motorhead live?

Van Halen plays at 3 in comparison...
                I've heard that Manowar broke some fuckin eardrums...

The master vol on my partners JCM 900 goes to "20"... (the Dual Rectifier still BLOWS its doors..)

Besides my own gigs (pretty fair bilateral hearing loss..), Metallica was probably the loudest show I've seen... almost too loud...

Never wore plugs, never complained...and have to smell 'em to realize I fuckin' farted...
                CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by naturochem
                  I've heard that Manowar broke some fuckin eardrums...

The master vol on my partners JCM 900 goes to "20"... (the Dual Rectifier still BLOWS its doors..)

Besides my own gigs (pretty fair bilateral hearing loss..), Metallica was probably the loudest show I've seen... almost too loud...

Never wore plugs, never complained...and have to smell 'em to realize I fuckin' farted...
                  I had the (mis)fortune of seeing Manowar a few years back and it's...musically, it is what it is (swords and loincloth and shit), but noise wise, it's absolutely un-fucking-real that anybody could be THAT loud...after two songs, I had to go get toilet paper out of the bathroom and wet it down to plug my ears because it was so excruciatingly painful...about the only thing I can compare it to is being next to the amps at the end of a Motorhead show, when Lemmy and Phil lean their instruments up against the amps and let the feedback rip your head apart for an eternity...

My left ear has some hearing damage because of that. Back when I was actually playing, we'd play on 10 also for rehersals and whatnot - I honestly now wish we hadn't...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

i wore ear plugs last night at the United Center...but my ears are still ringing from the Rosemont show...

Comment

• hain23x
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

It wasn't as loud as it could have been. I was expecting it to be skull crunchin' like Pantera or something. It was so 'not loud' that I never once even thought about the volume the for the entire show
                      Eat Us and Smile!
                      Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

Working...