Van Halen to play private party Nov.15th in Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

What an awesome night !

Well I get the call , we're meeting at the train station at 4:15. We buy our tickets and hop the train. We did't wanna take any chances with traffic bullshit. Arrived at Union Station at 5:15 ,headed over to over to Shopsy's Diner for a beer and a bite. I had the best Philly steak and cheese sammich I've ever tasted...

We finished up and headed down the block to the ACC. Our contact was running behind and would'nt be down 'til 7:30. So we kill a bit of time and burn a couple of doob's . She shows up with her little entourage and opens a big envelope and hands us our passes and tix.
    " Is 5th row cool ?".... FUCK YEAH !!! JACKPOT !!!

We got to our seats down front and suffered through the final 3 songs of The Hip ...( yawn...)
    30 minutes later it's Halen time. They blazed through the standard set ,no real deviations. What a trip , I was sitting rampside. I managed to shoot a couple of clips. (see above). I managed to fire off about 50 more shots before I get hassled by security.
    So they ask me to check my camera with security. So for a second there I thought I was gettin the boot. Turns out the guy got the call that I was a filmer. So I go a nd check the fuckin camera in at the security office and then return to watch the show.

Dave was loose and singing excellent. His screams are sounding more and more amazing with each passing show. Al was tight as usual.
    I've noticed in the last few shows Ed's gradually moved his mic. and pedalboard closer to Al's kit centre stage. Overall Ed's playing was loose (in a good way). Not as many mistakes this show. His solo spot is not as exciting as the glory years , but whatever. He choked a bit on his trill pickin on Spanish Fly . He procedes to tell the audience he has'nt tried that one in years.

And Wolf? Well ,Wolf was Wolf. Backup tapes or not , the kid is hit the notes and cues on time. He seem more comfortable on stage..

So the show finishes up. Smiles and hootin and hollerin abound.
    Our contact's dad Don Morrison ,VP of RIM sat in front of us and was rockin out the whole show. He's the dude my buddy has done work for on his property up in Baysville ,Ont.
    Turns out he's a fan of mine. He asked my bud for copy's of the disc he'd been playing up at the house. The dude's a rocker!
    He got to meet the boys before the show. No shocker there!
    He was given a V.I.P. swag. He kept the shirts and gave me the canvas bag they came in. Def. a collectable..
    I thanked Don for the awesome event .
    We said our goodbyes to our group and headed for the train.

Here's a few pics I took. I would've posted 'em sooner, but I've been busier than a one legged cat tryin to bury a turd on a frozen pond since the show.

Enjoy

ROTH ON BITCHES !

The bag !

Last edited by Diamondjimi; 11-19-2007, 01:21 AM.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• naturochem
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2004

Fucker...
      :fucku2:
      CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

:p

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

Re: What an awesome night !

Originally posted by diamondjimi
          [B]Well I get the call , we're meeting at the train station at 4:15. We buy our tickets and hop the train. We did't wanna take any chances with traffic bullshit. Arrived at Union Station at 5:15 ,headed over to over to Shopsy's Diner for a beer and a bite. I had the best Philly steak and cheese sammich I've ever tasted...

We finished up and headed down the block to the ACC. Our contact was running behind and would'nt be down 'til 7:30. So we kill a bit of time and burn a couple of doob's . She shows up with her little entourage and opens a big envelope and hands us our passes and tix.
          " Is 5th row cool ?".... FUCK YEAH !!! JACKPOT !!!

We got to our seats down front and suffered through the final 3 songs of The Hip ...( yawn...)
          30 minutes later it's Halen time. They blazed through the standard set ,no real deviations. What a trip , I was sitting rampside. I managed to shoot a couple of clips. (see above). I managed to fire off about 50 more shots before I get hassled by security.
          So they ask me to check my camera with security. So for a second there I thought I was gettin the boot. Turns out the guy got the call that I was a filmer. So I go a nd check the fuckin camera in at the security office and then return to watch the show.

Dave was loose and singing excellent. His screams are sounding more and more amazing with each passing show. Al was tight as usual.
          I've noticed in the last few shows Ed's gradually moved his mic. and pedalboard closer to Al's kit centre stage. Overall Ed's playing was loose (in a good way). Not as many mistakes this show. His solo spot is not as exciting as the glory years , but whatever. He choked a bit on his trill pickin on Spanish Fly . He procedes to tell the audience he has'nt tried that one in years.

And Wolf? Well ,Wolf was Wolf. Backup tapes or not , the kid is hit the notes and cues on time. He seem more comfortable on stage..

So the show finishes up. Smiles and hootin and hollerin abound.
          Our contact's dad Don Morrison ,VP of RIM sat in front of us and was rockin out the whole show. He's the dude my buddy has done work for on his property up in Baysville ,Ont.
          Turns out he's a fan of mine. He asked my bud for copy's of the disc he'd been playing up at the house. The dude's a rocker!
          He got to meet the boys before the show. No shocker there!
          He was given a V.I.P. swag. He kept the shirts and gave me the canvas bag they came in. Def. a collectable..
          I thanked Don for the awesome event .
          We said our goodbyes to our group and headed for the train.

Here's a few pics I took. I would've posted 'em sooner, but I've been busier than a one legged cat tryin to bury a turd on a frozen pond since the show.

Enjoy

ROTH ON BITCHES !

Great story dude and awesome pics!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Re: Re: What an awesome night !

Originally posted by VH LINKS SUCKS
            Great story dude and awesome pics!
            Thanks man , it definitely was a special night .

Comment

• katie
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Nov 2004

So you got a ladies bag..........

Whoopy shit

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by katie

Whoopy shit
                Whoop , someone's trolling for cock......

Comment

• katie
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

And there is a good chance you will get it if you walk around the mall swinging your new ladies carrier bag.

Hugs
                  x

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Jealous and bitter is no way for you to go through life katie.
                    You must be ready to cut your wrists knowing you will not get to see this tour in person....Pity!

Enjoy my photo's and my Youtube vids.

Oh yeah , hope you enjoy the Zeppelin reunion........

From the parking lot.!!!

Blow me !

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katie

Whoopy shit
                      Why are you always such a cunt?
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        Why are you always such a cunt?
                        Please Tell Us Why,Katie?
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Figs
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Very very cool Jimi! Well I'm jealous as hell! Good for you!

What a company! I'll be thinking of this while I'm at our shitty wine and cheese party with a crappy lounge music duo!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                            Very very cool Jimi! Well I'm jealous as hell! Good for you!
                            Thanks man, I'm glad I brought the camera...

What a company! I'll be thinking of this while I'm at our shitty wine and cheese party with a crappy lounge music duo!
                            Well,if I were filthy rich we'd be havin a Roth Army private VH concert of our own.

Shit , I'd even fly Kuntie over from jolly 'ol England for her to enjoy it...

FROM THE PARKING LOT!!!

Comment

• katie
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Nov 2004

Could you get us a Zeppelin carrier bag as well?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2004

Why, need something to carry your tampons in?

Comment

Working...