• CVH Rulz
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
    Let's give the guy a break!

We had a blast In Minneapolis!

great show!!!

once again..tired of the haters!
    I'm not a hater whatsoever. I love Ed. I'm also very realistic about what I'm seeing and hearing. We got lucky in MPLS, but he was and is by no means close to what he used to be. You all can make as many excuses as you want, but that's the facts. I personally don't care, because I had a great time regardless. What I find sad is that most of his "problems" are self-induced.

If he's NOT drinking and still can't remember any of the songs, well then I don't know what to say. I'm glad I saw them when I did. And I'm glad Dave was fantastic.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
      Commando
      • May 2004

I guess anything is possible when it comes to Mr. VH, but I think for now most of the shows glitches can be blamed on a piss poor sound crew and Ed's just not 22 years old anymore. Lets be realistic folks, Ed's mistakes aside, it is still the best Rock Show going right now and you would be nuts to let it fly by your town without a look. I have seen the show twice and without sounding to biased, Dave is stealing the show and believe it or not Al is really taking this tour seriously also. I was on cloud 9 at the Philly show. We were quite fortunate, because Ed was really on at this particular show. Unlike the DC show Ed's solo was tight and he played well. I can understand the alcohol accusations, because Ed was acting a little out of sorts at the DC Show too, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to equipment problems. Keep it together Ed, you and the boys have delivered a much needed shot of adrenaline into Rock and Roll and it would be nice if you and Dave could keep the fire burning for a little while.

Comment

• 5150meanstreet
        Full On Cocktard
        • Nov 2006

I was there Mike and I do not think Ed was drunk. Enjoy the show Tuesday (Joey told me you were going).
        Better known as "atomicpunk5150"@ www.vhlinks.com

DLR on whether or not the 2007 reunion will be permanent:

God willin’, and the creek don’t run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say. Barring any act of God or Ferrari…yeah. I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albequerque.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Depends...who knows...who cares...if he's dry, he's dry, if he's not, it's not any big surprise to anybody...or shouldn't be, at any rate. I've got a friend in the industry who's familiar with him and tells me he's drinking again, but fuck, who knows? As long as he's been drinking now, he's going to have problems for the rest of his life regardless of whether he's totally dry or not, there's no stopping that. As a result, he's going to have good nights and bad nights and when they're bad, they'll be REALLY bad.

Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess...
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Is it really gonna be a shocker that Ed turns up drunk at a few gigs here and there?

For a fan, that 'risk' just comes with the territory with this band.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• kastco
              Roadie
              • Dec 2006

Like others, I too went to the Nassau show and it was kick ass. The sound suffered due to the fact that the ceiling of Nassau is all beams and the sound gets muffled and lost. Eddie made a few mistakes but over all he sounded great. I believe he might have a little wet brain and when he speaks it sounds a little slurred. I would have to say that Dave was assume and Wolfie can play the shit out of the bass. Alex was strong but he was always the most consistant in the band anyway. I'm heading to the Garden this week to hopefully scalp a ticket. One thing about this concert, during the show you just knew that you were witnessing something special, something more important than any of the individual players. I go to a lot of concerts and this rates as one of the best by far!
              SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
              THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                Commando
                • May 2004

Well, unlike the two YES men Mike and Sam, I think Dave would beat the f**K out of Ed if he began ruining this tour with drinking and piss poor playing.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

It may well have been that the tour was delayed for several months because Roth wouldn't do it unless Ed made an attempt to clean up his act...fuck, as bad as Dave wanted it, man still has some pride.

Ed's probably gonna drink until the day he dies. I don't know it for a fact anymore than I know Ed, but seems like Ed really just plain LIKES to drink and smoke.

Long as the fucker isn't falling-down shitfaced if/when I go to see them, really don't care. Ed was slightly bombed onstage through many of CVH's gigs back in the day. No reason that's gonna change now.

Long as I get my kicks one more time seeing Roth and EVH together live one more time, could really give a fuck what happens to Ed regarding his drinking once it's all over. Only use I got for EVH now is what he's doing with Dave, and the length and amount of output this current Roth/EVH alliance produces...it's all on a day-to-day basis for me. Not gonna be shocked if the tour ends tomorrow and I never get to see them again. Been let down too many times before to even ALLOW myself to think this is gonna last beyond the immediate series of dates, never mind them actually FINISHING the dates on the schedule.

If they end up making a new album together, or put out a dvd CVH box set, or whatever, great, I'll buy it. Long as Roth is on vocals, Ed can get my money. If not, take a walk, Van Heineken.

If Ed pulls the plug on all of it tomorrow, runs back to his 5150 hidey-hole and spends the next year drinking himself to death, that's great, too. Fuck him. The net effect their current endeavours have on me is on my terms, not theirs.
                  Last edited by Terry; 11-11-2007, 10:50 AM.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                    Well, unlike the two YES men Mike and Sam, I think Dave would beat the f**K out of Ed if he began ruining this tour with drinking and piss poor playing.
                    Mike and Sam stuck around long enough to finish the gigs in 2004 and make the money, THEN ran to the press AFTER it was all over and complained about Ed's drinking.

Spineless alcohol salesman whining about Ed's drinking after the point where it could have done any good, far as the shows went.

One hopes Roth would take the high road should the same situation present itself this year, and pull out of the tour. If he actually WOULD is a different matter, but the band sounds fine from what I've heard.

Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      Mike and Sam stuck around long enough to finish the gigs in 2004 and make the money, THEN ran to the press AFTER it was all over and complained about Ed's drinking.

Spineless alcohol salesman whining about Ed's drinking after the point where it could have done any good, far as the shows went.

One hopes Roth would take the high road should the same situation present itself this year, and pull out of the tour. If he actually WOULD is a different matter, but the band sounds fine from what I've heard.

The band sounds great! and Terry's statements about the two Magoos and the '04 Tour are Spot ON.
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• scorpion73
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Aug 2004

I cannot understand why people and so negative and skeptical about the band being back together.They are giving it all they can every night after a few months rehearsels.They have'nt played together in22 years,so give it a fuckin rest.The old chemistry is coming back slowly,and we should look at their future with hope,not everything negative that is in the past.The band feeds off us , so lets give them positive energy.

Comment

• scorpion73
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Aug 2004

I cannot understand why people are so negative and skeptical about the band being back together.They are giving it all they can every night after a few months rehearsels.They have'nt played together in22 years,so give it a fuckin rest.The old chemistry is coming back slowly,and we should look at their future with hope,not everything negative that is in the past.The band feeds off us , so lets give them positive energy.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

They're putting on a DAMN GOOD show.....

That's all anybody can expect........

EVH is OLD...as much by his doing as by the hand of time.....he's still capable......

Go to the show...you won't be let down

Comment

• naturochem
                              Head Fluffer
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by kastco
                              I believe he might have a little wet brain and when he speaks it sounds a little slurred.
                              Ever tried to talk with part of your fucking tongue cut off, Einstein??
                              CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• kastco
                                Roadie
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by scorpion73
                                I cannot understand why people are so negative and skeptical about the band being back together.They are giving it all they can every night after a few months rehearsels.They have'nt played together in22 years,so give it a fuckin rest.The old chemistry is coming back slowly,and we should look at their future with hope,not everything negative that is in the past.The band feeds off us , so lets give them positive energy.
                                Anyone who says the show sucks hasn't seen the show. Roth sounded assume, Eddie was playing pretty damn well, Alex was good and steady as usual and Wolfie can play that bass. Just as good as MA in my opinion. The chemistry was definately there and certainly looked sincere. If Eddie patted Dave on the back once he must have done it a dozen times. They were both smiling like they just won the lotto. Dave and Wolfie seemed to get along great and Dave paid him a very nice compliment. Overall in my opinion the show was fantastic, one of the best I've seen. I saw the boys back in the early eighties and I enjoyed this show much better. The only negative was the sound and that was due to the building not the band.
                                SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
                                THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

Working...