Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottydabodi
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

On a personal note, from ME to all the Know-it-Alls at Rolling Stone, your reviews of ANYTHING have been remarkably underwhelming for a longer period of time than we've waited for Dave and Ed to play live together again.

Earth to Rolling Stone: You have SUCKED for DECADES. Go suck a dick.

PS -Hey, do ya think ya could cram a few more ADS in your mag, cuz those are more interesting than your articles...
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Comment

• samplehead
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Jun 2006

So Billboard review says the backing vocals are being piped in...

Are they or aren't they?

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Both...

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

The reviews are positive, that's always a plus.

On a side note, Hyman is correct to say that the standard of journalism is slipping - not much individuality in either writer's style.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• naturochem
            Head Fluffer
            • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Both...
            Only piped on the EASTERN half of the cuntry...
            CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• Ellyllions
              Veteran
              • Mar 2006

Reading all these reviews makes me wonder if the shitty sound we endured was because of our seats at all.

I'm reading the same sound complaints...too loud and muffled.
              "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                too loud and muffled.
                If your seats were high up then that quite often happens: the sound rolls around in the top of the arena and gets muffled. That's happened to me at a few gigs.

Ps: music CANNOT be too loud
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                  Perhaps it was just me being really into it, but it came across to me that Dave was intentionally forgetting the lyrics to Pretty Woman...?

I honestly have thought that the forgetting the words bit has been schtick for a long long long time.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                    Reading all these reviews makes me wonder if the shitty sound we endured was because of our seats at all.

I'm reading the same sound complaints...too loud and muffled.

Where one is located in an arena show or any show will indeed affect the sound that one hear's coming to their ears.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                      I honestly have thought that the forgetting the words bit has been schtick for a long long long time.
                      Yup.

Its all schtick.

Dave used to do it during Romeo Delight back in the old days. Because even back then when he actually DID forget the words, there would be no "I forgot the fucking words", just a whole chours or verse missing.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Redballjets88
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by scottydabodi
                        On a personal note, from ME to all the Know-it-Alls at Rolling Stone, your reviews of ANYTHING have been remarkably underwhelming for a longer period of time than we've waited for Dave and Ed to play live together again.

Earth to Rolling Stone: You have SUCKED for DECADES. Go suck a dick.

PS -Hey, do ya think ya could cram a few more ADS in your mag, cuz those are more interesting than your articles...
                        i don't know if they can put in more ads but they probably plan on having about 5 or 6 more Bob Dylan cover pics before the year is up
                        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• naturochem
                          Head Fluffer
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                          For the most part, I think you're correct, Cock.

The US Festival was one of several exceptions to this I personally witnessed, as the fuck-ups were obviously not contrived like they were most of the time -- 'fucker was gagged out of his mind there!!
                          CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• naturochem
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            If your seats were high up then that quite often happens: the sound rolls around in the top of the arena and gets muffled. That's happened to me at a few gigs.

Ps: music CANNOT be too loud
                            Hey, I used to feel the same way, but after suffering a fair amount of hearing loss in one ear, and more than a cunt hair in the other, I now sometimes use moderate protection during gigs.

Any sound above 90db can cause hearing loss, but I normally don't worry till about 140, which I've far exceeded with the Boogie & Marshall, let alone getting directly in front of a pegged FOH PA speak!!!

My bike pushes the 140db level at the pipes too...

Comment

• janarak
                              Roadie
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by naturochem
                              Hey, I used to feel the same way, but after suffering a fair amount of hearing loss in one ear, and more than a cunt hair in the other, I now sometimes use moderate protection during gigs.

Any sound above 90db can cause hearing loss, but I normally don't worry till about 140, which I've far exceeded with the Boogie & Marshall, let alone getting directly in front of a pegged FOH PA speak!!!

My bike pushes the 140db level at the pipes too...
                              Protection when you gig or at gigs ??
                              Tried to play live with plugs in one and both and it aint the same,
                              Your Hearing ends up shot in a band, end of.
                              Could be my age tho lol

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                ...yet no mention of Back Bends.....

wtf?

Dear Lounge;

Try to stay on topic. This thread is about the Rolling Stone review. There's another thread entirely dedicated to Dave's back bends. Please discuss back bends in the back bend thread.

Thank you.

DG
                                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

Working...