X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steve
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

Should Extreme open for Van Halen??

Come on, don't get your panties in a bunch. We're not talking Mr. Canned Meat here. We talking about a band that...as far as bands that were heavily influenced by VH go...were probably the best.

Rest in Peace, Am I Ever Gonna Change, Warheads, Hole Hearted,...melodramatic or overly "faithy" lyrics aside, those are some bad-ass guitar songs with fun surging choruses.

What the hell, even if they don't open for VH I'd probably go to pay see em' at the local 1500 seat cantina if tickets are in the 20-30 dollar range.
    a:4:{i:5868;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5868;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47830";s:5:"title";s:3:"Yes";s:5:"votes";i:9;s:6:"voters";a:9:{i:0;s:4:"1341";i:1;s:3:"172";i:2;s:4:"6645";i:3;s:4:"1320";i:4;s:5:"20443";i:5;s:5:"16452";i:6;s:5:"22998";i:7;s:4:"7943";i:8;s:4:"7265";}}i:5869;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5869;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47830";s:5:"title";s:2:"No";s:5:"votes";i:8;s:6:"voters";a:8:{i:0;s:5:"20165";i:1;s:5:"22013";i:2;s:4:"9783";i:3;s:4:"6723";i:4;s:2:"24";i:5;s:4:"6584";i:6;s:3:"246";i:7;s:5:"23569";}}i:5870;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5870;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47830";s:5:"title";s:80:"Only if Cherone sings inside a cardboard box so I don't have to see his prancing";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:4:"6426";i:1;s:4:"4169";}}i:5871;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5871;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47830";s:5:"title";s:14:"Wha happened??";s:5:"votes";i:2;s:6:"voters";a:2:{i:0;s:3:"271";i:1;s:5:"22642";}}}
    0%
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

No, no and no.

Nuno is a great player, laid down some awesome riffs, but that band is just too clean cut and nice to open for Van Halen. They could open for Bon Jovi though.....
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Sorry dude but I thought that Hole Hearted was a piece of shit song. Right up there with "In the Heart of the Young" by Winger....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

You don't bring that one-night stand you banged after being drunker than shit with you when you dine out with your #1

Who wants to be reminded of that mistake on a nightly basis?

I'm sorry, but that whole "tard barn" idea is looking pretty good about now.

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• VanHalener
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Look man, I just ate and now my belly hurts after reading the above question.

steve owes me $35 for spoiling what was a great take out meal!

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

Stay at home Cherone
          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Steve, having you been cracking out in Arlington again?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

We should have a "Please Delete My Last Thread" option...

You just know steve is even kicking his own ass right now....

[ go with Nick's "I was on the crack" excuse, dude.]

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Butt not Gary Cherone's, "I was fingering my crack on stage, OH! "The Fire in the HOOOLLLEEE!!"™ by Van HalenIII LLC
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-28-2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• katie
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                  No, no and no.

Nuno is a great player, laid down some awesome riffs, but that band is just too clean cut and nice to open for Van Halen. They could open for Bon Jovi though.....
                  Van Halen opened for Bon Jovi a few years back.
                  Another stellar career move from spams old manager (RIP)

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by katie
                    Van Halen opened for Bon Jovi a few years back.
                    Another stellar career move from spams old manager (RIP)

That was not Van Halen dear.

Not by a long shot....

Comment

• katie
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      That was not Van Halen dear.

Not by a long shot....

Try telling that to ED & Al dear

*hugs*
                      x

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

spED could hire the corpse of Kevin Dubrow, and his girlfriend's gynecologist to play bass, and he'd still call it Van Halen.

*tickles*

oh, and Al would go along, of course....

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Ahhhhhh...Shemp.....

forever doomed to bask in the fame & talent of his younger brother....

Comment

• steve
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            We should have a "Please Delete My Last Thread" option...

You just know steve is even kicking his own ass right now....

[ go with Nick's "I was on the crack" excuse, dude.]
                            Crackin out???
                            Delete the thread!?!@?!??!

Hell no, I'm rockin' out to Play With Me and watching Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. So nobody accuse me of having an acute flare-up of Down's syndrome, I know what's I'm doing.

By the way, anyone else pleasure yourself to that crazy Puerto-Rican whore that cheated in the bueaty pagent yet? Swindle the judges or not, IQ of 85 or bust...that tall-drink of Cervesa is mental-note/save it for later material. I love my wife.

What, Puerto Rico's not next to Mexico? What were we talking about again?

NUNO ROCKS!!!
                            Republican debate, complete with psycho Ron Paul, coming up next.

(ha! someone else voted yes! Time to burn this forum to the GROUND)
                            Last edited by steve; 11-28-2007, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• rustoffa
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Most people going to see the show could probably care less who is opening. Maybe they'd care more if it was some major act or something. From my estimation, the tour is shrouded in secrecy and loathing. If my estimation is anywhere near somewhat correct, having a major act opening is WAY off limits. That being said, Extreme isn't a major act, and it'd be funny to see beers, nachos, or whatever thrown towards the stage. In a perfect scenario, Gary would drape himself across the edge of a monitor after more than words.....like, after crying. Barbituated out of his mind, he's just left there.

Like an hour later, Wolfie does a bass solo....then jumps up and down on the frakenbass after he lays it on Gary!!!
                              :eek:

Comment

Working...