Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • topjimmy1984
    Groupie
    • Apr 2005

Someone said dave was on the cover of Rolling Stone in 1985/ It was Spin magazine, it was their first issue, dave with the straw hat.

Comment

• naturochem
      Head Fluffer
      • May 2004

I believe it's fairly obvious that there is some sort of agreement in place which includes the entire production team NOT doing any press whatsoever. Given the fragile history & ego's involved, AND the tour's success thus far -- hence, refuting the naysayer's IMPLOSION theories -- I believe the no press agreement was a most wise decision on band counsel's part...

Now when the issue of new material comes up, we will have an interesting dilemma indeed!!
      CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

VH1 will have to carve out 3 hours for that Behind The Music, that's for sure...
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Why yes, that's exactly what I'm saying....

Like the others have said, you really don't expect them to say anything, do you ??
          Me personally?

I don't "expect" anything anymore....

But would I tell them to do the cover? yep.

But they stopped asking for my opinions long ago.

Hell, I'm shocked spED didnt want to do it wearing a "Who's this Mike you keep asking about?" T-Shirt.

But whatever....

I like the "RS Cover Fuck You" better than the "We're not doing RS" Fuck you...

Originally posted by Kristy
          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
          Originally posted by cadaverdog
          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            VH1 will have to carve out 3 hours for that Behind The Music, that's for sure...
            9 part mini-series that would put Roots to shame...

Hell, 1984 alone is 3 hours.
            Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by topjimmy1984
              Someone said dave was on the cover of Rolling Stone in 1985/ It was Spin magazine, it was their first issue, dave with the straw hat.
              Actually..it was Rolling Stone

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2005

FUCK ROLLING STONE !!!

Comment

• naturochem
                  Head Fluffer
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                  FUCK ROLLING STONE !!!
                  In multiple orifices...

Or would the plural be orifi(?)
                  CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2006

Rolling Stone gave VH plenty of space and time in the day. One of the funniest comments Dave ever made was in an '84 article. It was the height of Born in the USA mania, and it was mandatory for the world to discuss Springsteen's shows, for their endurance, length, and excitement. The exchnage was something like this:

RS: Have you seen Springsteen's concert?

DLR: Yeah, it was great. I was very happy.

RS: Did you find it to be transcendent?

DLR: What do you mean "transcendent"?

RS: Well, was it the most awesome thing you've ever seen?

DLR: Honey, I can go to White Castle, look in the bag, and say, "This is the most awesome thing I've ever seen".
                    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by topjimmy1984
                      Wrong. Madonna was on Spin's first cover. Dave appearred within the first year to promote EEAS, and while RS gave Van Hagar their endorsement, the ethos and approach of Spin at the time was custom made for Dave (hey, Bob Guccione's kid was the publisher...you can imagine them sitting around together talking trash and doing blow, right?)

Dave was indeed on RS's cover to promote CFTH, in an interview done, I believe, by Lisa Robinson, a veteran of rock journalism, who was one of the first to promote and bring attention to the ramones and the entire CBGB/NY punk scene.
                      RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

DAVE & the boys should have done the RS cover...and answered the questions.......

pussy move

And I'm DAMN sure which "pussy" made the call.....

EVH.......would he have had half the impact he had if the public knew what a raging asshole he really is?!?
                        Last edited by Matt White; 11-29-2007, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

1. Everyone is forgetting that 10 months ago VH was going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone........so this has zero to do with any moral principles.

2. Someone needs to tell Robert Plant 1973 is over and it's time to change his hairdo. He looks like Sammy..............

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                            Actually..it was Rolling Stone

I remember that!

Anyone remember RS lambasting EVERY other Dave solo effort?

I bet Dave hates those Birkenstocking motherfuckers!!

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                              Veteran
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                              I remember that!

Anyone remember RS lambasting EVERY other Dave solo effort?

I bet Dave hates those Birkenstocking motherfuckers!!

Untrue. RS has labeled EEAS as one of the best rock albums of all time. They praised it.

Doesn't mean they're not douches however.

Comment

• Matt White
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                                2. Someone needs to tell Robert Plant 1973 is over and it's time to change his hairdo. He looks like Sammy..............
                                Spammy Haggis isn't a dried up dog turd under ROBER PLANT's heel..........

And...PLANT is 50+ as well...who care what he looks like?!?:confused:

Comment

Working...