Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Damn, I wish I had brought my camera knowing that the security was lax. But my Fuji is a piece of shit when taking pictures at certain distances. My only complaint is with the sound crew, they fucked up during Ed's solo and when Dave's mic went out, he looked quite pissed. Everything else kicked ass, although I wished the audience was more rowdy.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Sorry I couldn't make it to the RothArmy gathering, but she's got the pussy.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

And what's up with the fuckin parking deck? Or was it a labrinth?

Comment

• rocknrolldork
          Foot Soldier
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASSI wished the audience was more rowdy. [/B]
          I think it's been pretty chill at most venues. I saw Manson in a 2500 seater the week before and it was insane. Diehards like most of us are in our late 30s early 40s for the most part. Most of those people like to chill instead of rock the front. Not me. I wish every seat would have been 1 honest price and general admission. That's where the fun begins. The hardcore fans will be the ones who get the best seats and they deserve them. Better yet....... Open up the floor with no seats! I'm 1, 2 or 3 people from the stage dead center holding position and totally digging it!

Comment

• Prothro
            Groupie
            • Nov 2005

I wish the shows were general admission also. Like the old days when they opened the doors it was a stampeed to get to the floor and get up close.

Comment

• GaPeach64
              Full On Cocktard
              • Feb 2008

Just joined up tonight -- making my first post here. I went to the Philips show. My co-workers had been living with me & the Roth-VH tour since last year's press conference & my decision to hold out for the Atlanta addition. It was my first live VH concert ever so I have nothing from the "old days" other than Youtube to compare. Over Christmas, I read Dave's "Crazy from the Heat" autobio to gear up for it -- loved it! 1984 was my first rock album -- I was totally hooked on DLR & VH on MTV videos. About the time the first cable ran down my street.....

I had a pretty good floor seat for the show. The crowd stood the entire time. I was thrilled to finally see them live. Other than the sound system sucking big time -- I was thoroughly a happy camper here. The band sang through the sound tech snaffoos like pros. For Eddie to be such a quiet person, it was a bit humorous to see him have to react to his sound literal "erruption" -- Wha? I thought I'd busted my ear drums when the sound shut out.

I followed all the Florida reviews and they all report similar sound tech issues. Someone commented Dave had the flu since Atlanta. I was disappointed that ICM seemed cut short and rushed through a bit. A Tampa reviewer thought Eddie was getting sick. The Sun-Sentinal review comments from Feb 20 Sunrise show are pretty brutal. Some Charlottesville postponement comments said the trucks were at the arena when the announcement came out. I hope it is only the flu and not some other problems. I want to see them succeed.

Waiting for Valarie's book to arrive --- I pre-ordered it.

Comment

Working...