X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic

and remember thats coming from a guy that saw them in 1981 for $8.50.

no shit prices are more than 10 times what they were back then!

but artists aren't selling albums like they used to so they got to make their money off of tickets

I hope Dave can retire (if he wants to) after this tour...he deserves it, IMO.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• BrownSound1
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Here's something to think about...album sales have sucked cock for the past few years, so I think that makes artists find other ways to generate revenue that they would've made in the old days. Fact is everything costs more now, and we are sounding like our grandparents when we complain about it. "In my day you could see a rock concert for 10 bucks..."

Comment

• Figs
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

If people are willing to pay, then they aren't really ripping anyone off.

Personally I would like to see someone have the guts to put all tickets up for auction. Then you wouldn't have to shell out $100 or so for the top of the arena, and if all tickets went straight to auction and not to brokers the brokers would be out of business. I think it would have the effect of fair prices all around. Even when you have a shitty act, like Van Hagar, you are likely to bring in a little more money, rather than a half empty arena, you have people paying 20 bucks or so in the upper deck.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
          Here's something to think about...album sales have sucked cock for the past few years, so I think that makes artists find other ways to generate revenue that they would've made in the old days. Fact is everything costs more now, and we are sounding like our grandparents when we complain about it. "In my day you could see a rock concert for 10 bucks..."
          Yeah, but too bad MINIMUM WAGE hasn't gone up 10 times what it used to be to help compensate.
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

someone making minimum wage would have to spend their entire weekly paycheck to get 2 tickets in the nosebleed section

that sucks, IMO

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Figs
              If people are willing to pay, then they aren't really ripping anyone off.
              Not too sure about that - I'm guessing that you'd be prepared to pay whatever it cost to get medical insurance or an operation for you loved ones, but you might still think that you are being ripped off. (I'm speaking purely hypothetically here.)
              Basic ticket prices for bands here are far more than in the US (the Van Halen tour aside.) If I want to go see a decent band at a club, not an arena, it's going to cost between $70-80 per ticket. And that's for a club. Arena, at least $80. Am I prepared to pay it? Yep. Do I feel ripped off regardless of how good the show is? Yep, because a vast proportion of the money is going on "service charges" or "postage." I suppose the only benefit of our system is that you pay the same regardless of where you are in the arena, front or back is the same price.

Let's agree ti disagree on this point

Personally I would like to see someone have the guts to put all tickets up for auction. Then you wouldn't have to shell out $100 or so for the top of the arena, and if all tickets went straight to auction and not to brokers the brokers would be out of business. I think it would have the effect of fair prices all around. Even when you have a shitty act, like Van Hagar, you are likely to bring in a little more money, rather than a half empty arena, you have people paying 20 bucks or so in the upper deck.
              That is a great idea, one which I fully support. In an ideal world they would implement that.
              Sadly however, things are never left open to basic supply/demand factors. There's always some greedy fucks in the middle.
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Figs
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Well Binnie, I wouldn't compare entertainment to necessities. When it comes to concerts, sporting events, or other entertainment I say don't go if you think it costs too much. If enough people do that the prices will go down. I go to a lot less games than I used to and there have been a handful of concerts I have blown off (like Paul McCartney which hurt) because of prices. That said, they still fill a lot of arenas without me!

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Well Binnie, I wouldn't compare entertainment to necessities. When it comes to concerts, sporting events, or other entertainment I say don't go if you think it costs too much. If enough people do that the prices will go down. I go to a lot less games than I used to and there have been a handful of concerts I have blown off (like Paul McCartney which hurt) because of prices. That said, they still fill a lot of arenas without me!
                  That's a fair point. Lets agree to disagree

Comment

• vh rides again
                    Commando
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by naturochem
                    Using your figures, and the 64 dates thus far, that calculates into 10 to 12 million gross income for Dave, in ticket revinue alone.

Chump change, I'm sure, for you Donald Trump-type's who piss away $100's a day in drinking change alone...

Personally, I'm buying multiple tickets (4 for Oakland..) to several venue's, so I'm feeling pretty fuckin good about my contribution towards Dave's future well-being...

But being as you are so concerned & gung-ho, with the big dollars to piss away, why don't you send a large donation to Dave's retirement fund..?

Send your contribution(s) to:

David Lee Roth retirement fund
                    C/O: High Profile Media
                    12930 Ventura Blvd. #641
                    Studio City, CA 91604

get a decent job, or quit goin home early, work some overtime, if you cant afford a concert ticket the you have no business being there, last thing on your mind should be going to a concert.

the reason i say one nights drinking money is because i was very suprised at what it costs to hit the tavern before going to a concert in a big city, fuck a 180 i spent 350 and had a good time doing it, if your gonna fret over the price of things, stay home.

im not even close to rich, ill work till i die probably.

van halen isnt charging any more than anyone else with a big name.

if anyone should be scalping tickets it should be them., and if anyone is behind it, ill bet its roth.
                    hes not gonna let anyone soak his ass, and he shouldnt.

Comment

• naturochem
                      Head Fluffer
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
                      daves been slummin it for 20 years, let him live a little and bid on the tickets.

this tour wont even get him thru the next decade, hes heading into his golden years. he needs all the support his fans can give.

180 dollars? hell thats not even one nights drinking money.

im not even close to rich, ill work till i die probably.

guess it ain't too difficult to figure out the "why's" of that last statement, eh?!?!

get a decent job, or quit goin home early, work some overtime, if you cant afford a concert ticket the you have no business being there, last thing on your mind should be going to a concert.
                      who the fuck said anything about not being able to afford a concert ticket..?
                      I'd have no problem hitting the vip on every scheduled date of this tour, if I so desired...

Unlike you, Paco, work has been optional here for the past decade, as it will be for the rest of my days...

I'm a bit more concerned about my own accounts and finances, than that of Dave or any other fuck pulling down 10 figures for a year of touring...

van halen isnt charging any more than anyone else with a big name.

if anyone should be scalping tickets it should be them., and if anyone is behind it, ill bet its roth.
                      You just keep on donating your hard-earned dough to multi-millionaire rock stars then...

Fuck, since you're already resolved to working the rest of your life, why not just get a couple of "Platnum" floor tix for MSG @ 3 grand a pop...

I'm sure you'll get a letter of thanks from Dave for your cuntribution & support to his "heading into his golden years..."
                      CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

the reason i say one nights drinking money is because i was very suprised at what it costs to hit the tavern before going to a concert in a big city, fuck a 180 i spent 350 and had a good time doing it, if your gonna fret over the price of things, stay home.

Dude, how much do you drink?

Comment

• vh rides again
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by binnie
                          Dude, how much do you drink?
                          i didnt drink all that.

i bought a few rounds just like everyone else, a round was 70 dollars.

i was double fistin em though.

Comment

• vh rides again
                            Commando
                            • Dec 2006

guess it ain't too difficult to figure out the "why's" of that last statement, eh?!?!

I'd have no problem hitting the vip on every scheduled date of this tour, if I so desired...

Unlike you, Paco, work has been optional here for the past decade, as it will be for the rest of my days...

I'm a bit more concerned about my own accounts and finances, than that of Dave or any other fuck pulling down 10 figures for a year of touring...

You just keep on donating your hard-earned dough to multi-millionaire rock stars then...

Fuck, since you're already resolved to working the rest of your life, why not just get a couple of "Platnum" floor tix for MSG @ 3 grand a pop...

I'm sure you'll get a letter of thanks from Dave for your cuntribution & support to his "heading into his golden years..."
                            im sure work is optional when you live in your moms basement.

Comment

• naturochem
                              Head Fluffer
                              • May 2004

im sure work is optional when you live in your moms basement.
                              basement..? I live in California, cockbreath...

I'll admit though, that mom's attic IS quite nice this time of the year, as the heat always rises!
                              :fucku2:
                              CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• vh rides again
                                Commando
                                • Dec 2006

i like what i do and there are people who depend on me.

if you can afford to hit the vip on every date then do it and quit whining about people who are doing it.

so your a millionaire now, and you were calling little ole me donald trump.

your either a liar, a millionaire or on your death bed if you dont have to work. or living on a pension, in which case is chumpchange.

so which is it?

i have a pretty decent retirement plan and im 42 years old, i live in illinois and a million dollar house here would cost you 5 million.

i know how much i could have if i retired now and it wouldnt be enough.

so you are either a millionaire, retired with a pension or very old.

you want to flaunt your bucks, lets hear about it.

i think we got us a bonified millionaire right here on the david lee roth army.

Comment

Working...