Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankfasteddie
    Roadie
    • Dec 2005

um where did you get all the shows what bit torrent sites are they at? dime jtt the den???? please advise for i too would like to hear all the shows
    Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

I think Eddie need's his old Marshall head and simple effects board back he used up to the 1984 album, I can't belive the size of the board he is using on this tour !! WHY DOE'S HE NEED A WAH WAH !! I think he is struggling on some songs because he is going overboard with the effects, and once he starts to lose A song he is playing he tries to noodle his way around his own mistakes and is making things worse !! This is also hurting his guitar solo as well I think. But Eddie won't change anything because he has his rig set for the tour. I always thought Ed had A great sound and tone on the six pack cd's I don't understand what he is still searching for !! bottom line is Ed is making it hard on himself in my opinion by making his own simple sound more deluted !!

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by frankfasteddie
        um where did you get all the shows what bit torrent sites are they at? dime jtt the den???? please advise for i too would like to hear all the shows
        They can all be found between these 3 sites:

The Traders' Den is a team of avid music collectors dedicated to the free trading of lossless unofficial (aka bootleg) musical audio and video recordings.

A BitTorrent tracker page generated by EzTorrent v0.7.0r495
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by Big Troubles
          I think other than Alex, everyone has stepped up their performance since Oct early Nov...

Plus like already mentioned, Ed duplicating someof those solos from 78,79,80,81,82 & 84 is a more daunting task than say anything from the Van Hagar vault. (where is shall never be opened again)
          This man speaks sense.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• KING OF THE HIL
            Groupie
            • Mar 2004

the show recorded on 11/8/2007 is the same Eddie is terrible threw out the entire show fucking up on just about every song someone needs to step in soon to help figure this out before it becomes national news .
            THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PUT ICE TEA IN JACK DANIELS BOTTLES IS THE CLASH BABY

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

I think there are many factors involved in this. Ed has moved his shit to center stage and I think that has helped him tremendously. I think some of his problems were monitor issues, and some of them are because his style changed a lot when Hagar was in the band. He quit doing the over the top guitar solos, and went into Clapton mode, and now he's struggling to do what he once could. Plus, I'm sure he went through long periods of NOT playing, and like anything else it takes a toll on your abilities. Then there's the alcohol and cancer....his brain might not think like it used to. Who knows...just be glad he's able to do what he is doing.

From what I've seen, when this version of the band is ON, no one around can touch 'em...except for maybe a certain band that is playing a gig in London this evening.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                I think there are many factors involved in this. Ed has moved his shit to center stage and I think that has helped him tremendously. I think some of his problems were monitor issues, and some of them are because his style changed a lot when Hagar was in the band. He quit doing the over the top guitar solos, and went into Clapton mode, and now he's struggling to do what he once could. Plus, I'm sure he went through long periods of NOT playing, and like anything else it takes a toll on your abilities. Then there's the alcohol and cancer....his brain might not think like it used to. Who knows...just be glad he's able to do what he is doing.
                You must be right, unfortunately... Ed will very probably never recover his full skills...

Originally posted by BrownSound1
                From what I've seen, when this version of the band is ON, no one around can touch 'em...except for maybe a certain band that is playing a gig in London this evening.
                You mean Led Zeppelin... I don't think Robert Plant can sing half as great as he did in 1970 or 1975, and Pagey has been in a weird kind of playing, hasn't he?... whereas Dave sings better live today than he did back in the days - I'm a Zep fan too, but I don't really care about their "London Reunion Gig".

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                What bugs me about Ed's guitar playing is the fact he doesn't play the actual chorus on ATBL... Is it a choice or can he really not play that anymore?? :confused:
                Oops! I meant "Runnin' with the devil". :confused:
                Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 12-10-2007, 05:24 PM.
                posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• VAiN
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Oops! I meant "Runnin' with the devil". :confused:
                  I don't follow you.... it sure sounds just like the chorus/main riff to me... Care to elaborate?
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                    I don't follow you.... it sure sounds just like the chorus/main riff to me... Care to elaborate?
                    It's the bridge of the song, actually, the kind of repeated solo that Eddie doesn't play, especially the famous last 8 notes (he does the last three in a high pitch with different notes, instead of the original, legendary last rising 3... It's a detail, but I still wonder why he won't play the actual end of the melody, which is so characteristic!

But this might have changed since the start of the tour, though - I only noticed that in the first gigs (I still have to fairly listen to the following concerts, and not only for that matter! ).

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• frankfasteddie
                      Roadie
                      • Dec 2005

They can all be found between these 3 sites:

The Traders' Den is a team of avid music collectors dedicated to the free trading of lossless unofficial (aka bootleg) musical audio and video recordings.

http://www.dimeadozen.org
                      Ok I am a member or all 3 of those and I haven't seen the following shows so if you have them can you repost them they aren't listed there....thanks

Toronto 10-7
                      Boston 10-30 which i heard was a great show
                      11-27 Sacramento
                      11-29 Fresno
                      12-3 seattle

the later ones may come in time but if you have the first 2 please post i havent seen them anywhere thx
                      Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!

Comment

• VAiN
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by frankfasteddie
                        Ok I am a member or all 3 of those and I haven't seen the following shows so if you have them can you repost them they aren't listed there....thanks

Toronto 10-7
                        Boston 10-30 which i heard was a great show
                        11-27 Sacramento
                        11-29 Fresno
                        12-3 seattle

the later ones may come in time but if you have the first 2 please post i havent seen them anywhere thx
                        Here's Toronto 10.07:

The other 3 you listed are not out as of yet....

Comment

• VAiN
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

It's the bridge of the song, actually, the kind of repeated solo that Eddie doesn't play, especially the famous last 8 notes (he does the last three in a high pitch with different notes, instead of the original, legendary last rising 3... It's a detail, but I still wonder why he won't play the actual end of the melody, which is so characteristic!

But this might have changed since the start of the tour, though - I only noticed that in the first gigs (I still have to fairly listen to the following concerts, and not only for that matter! ).

Oh, now I know exactly what you're talking about... He wasn't playing that part early on, but I've heard him do it in more recent shows..

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Oh, now I know exactly what you're talking about... He wasn't playing that part early on, but I've heard him do it in more recent shows..
                            Cheers, VAIN! That's so much better. I'm all the more glad that it's such a moment in early VH...

Comment

• frankfasteddie
                              Roadie
                              • Dec 2005

Here's Toronto 10.07:

The other 3 you listed are not out as of yet....
                              Thanks I must have missed it

Comment

Working...