X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

When the tour is finally over....

When Ed is alone back in the comfortable surroundings of 5150 and left to his own devices ,will he return to his old ways of drug and alcohol abuse?
    a:4:{i:5888;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5888;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47975";s:5:"title";s:34:"Yes . he'll be smashed in an hour!";s:5:"votes";i:7;s:6:"voters";a:7:{i:0;s:5:"20165";i:1;s:4:"4195";i:2;s:4:"4914";i:3;s:4:"6645";i:4;s:5:"12533";i:5;s:3:"405";i:6;s:5:"15136";}}i:5889;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5889;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47975";s:5:"title";s:70:"No , he'll stay sober and begin work on VH's finest album in 23 years!";s:5:"votes";i:11;s:6:"voters";a:11:{i:0;s:4:"4089";i:1;s:5:"23556";i:2;s:5:"22029";i:3;s:5:"13229";i:4;s:4:"6426";i:5;s:5:"22671";i:6;s:5:"22304";i:7;s:5:"14724";i:8;s:4:"9614";i:9;s:3:"175";i:10;s:4:"3370";}}i:5890;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5890;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47975";s:5:"title";s:7:"Maybe !";s:5:"votes";i:0;s:6:"voters";a:0:{}}i:5891;a:5:{s:12:"polloptionid";i:5891;s:6:"nodeid";s:5:"47975";s:5:"title";s:34:"Relapse/rehab is always an option!";s:5:"votes";i:3;s:6:"voters";a:3:{i:0;s:4:"3238";i:1;s:3:"271";i:2;s:3:"181";}}}
    0%
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I suppose it all depends on how the tour ends, and who's calling the shots: if decent management/ record company execs get involved and steer the ship, maybe we could get a record.

But once Ed's back to having next to nothing to do, who knows?
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

I am voting for/hoping for a sober life for Ed, Wolf and Janie.
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I voted for "smashed in an hour".

But only because there wasn't a 23 minute option.
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I like to think that with Wolf in the mix that Eddie will be motivated to stay reasonably sober and create some new shit and get an album out late 08/early 09 and VH can own the summertime again...
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
            When Ed is alone back in the comfortable surroundings of 5150 and left to his own devices ,will he return to his old ways of drug and alcohol abuse?
            You think he hasn't already?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
              You think he hasn't already?
              I like to think otherwise, but recovery is a lifelong battle.
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
                I voted for "smashed in an hour".

But only because there wasn't a 23 minute option.
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• BlimpyCHIMP™
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

THE RELAPSE OPTION ASSUMES HE IS CLEAN

BC!!
                  I SAY NO NO NO

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

It's easy to make fun of Ed's drinking problems. Hell, I've done so many times.

On a serious note, I think Ed just plain likes to drink. He may have pulled himself together reasonably well for the tour, and may be fairly sober because a) his schedule is pretty full, and b) he knows everyone is waiting for him to turn up too fucked up to play at one of the shows. People expect it from him at this point.

It's never seemed like any of the times he's cleaned up had much to do with him WANTING to. It was usually to please someone else; his wife, his management, tour promoters, etc.

Honestly, as long as he turns up sober and ready to play at the show I'm gonna see in a couple of months, I could give a shit. He's a fifty + year old man. The choice to drink or not is firmly within his power, if he chooses to exercise it. If not, too bad.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      I like to think that with Wolf in the mix that Eddie will be motivated to stay reasonably sober and create some new shit and get an album out late 08/early 09 and VH can own the summertime again...
                      Wolf was in the mix when we was getting snockered every day. Why would that matter?
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• katie
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi

Who cares?

Even when sober he can't really give those cvh tracks much justice
                        IE - Keeps fucking up all the time.

Wolfie is a fucking 'stiff' on stage

Dave is being controlled by what he can and what he can't say on stage (bring back the real Dave!)

Hell I guess that after this tour they will all get fucking wasted on their own for the above reasons LOL

Party On!
                        x

Comment

Working...