Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drgong
    Groupie
    • Feb 2004

I truly believe that had it not been for Wolfgangs pushy enthusiasm this tour would never have taken place.
    I´m pretty sure that he is the only reason Ed considered hooking up with Dave in the first place for doing this tour. Wolf was - and is a HUGE CVH fan (check his myspace page since long before the tour ever was planned) and I believe that he is the the main drive behind getting back with Dave. However, I also believe that he did not push to become the next VH bassplayer, I believe he actually hoped for a Classic CVH reunion, but that his father & uncle insisted on having him on bay for all the right & wrong reasons... and name one bright 16 y/o who would say NO to a CVH tour...
    This is just my personal view of the situation, seeing it all from a distance it makes sense, I might be wrong... what do you guys think?

Comment

• rustoffa
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Lemme get this straight:

A touring scenario involving Michael Anthony would have put the touring scenario over the top? Personally? I don't have the need for high level validation from any source. Alright zolowzer, you made your case regarding all the historical deep-seeded hate.

It's currently current events brougham.

Currently? Ed hates Sammy Hagar. Michael Anthony loves Sammy Hagar. This dynamic basically prevents Michael Anthony from performing with Ed.

I know, I know....LIVE NATION had nothing to do with the lesser of two evils.

In a perfect world, the original band would be performing together in perfect harmony. So much for that, eh?

Cliff notes for mass media exposure?

Shake that shit off.....go mend.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I don't see dave "turned down" a single step...if I compare him with the youtubes from the last years he's just the same...but with the "real" band in his back and in front of the audience he deserves...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

That was a good read.

Knowing the history of this band...I would be amazed if Dave was not under some control.

Whether it be him keeping it together by holding back or from the Brothers laying out some guidlines.

From what I saw live...the band looked like they are really getting along.
          I would of loved to have seen Mike there but Wolfie pulled it off good enough.

Dave and Ed are sharing smiles and having some physical contact....I just can not help but think Dave is taking one on the chin so to speak for this tour.

I guess knowing the history...it is hard to think this is sincere....and not just about making some stellar cash.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

it's showbiz...so what...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

It seems to be working. Even with fat, zit faced Wolfie that has the stage pressence of a slug.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Antman
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

I don't think VH ever playe in perfect harmony. Only we didn't know about it at the time. So let's just enjoy the ride while it lasts boys.
                When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

one day they will play with mike again so w/e. for now lets just enjoy it for those of us who can

Comment

• letsrock
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2007

Well said, cant wait for MA to be back in the fold.

Comment

• letsrock
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2007

bump

Comment

• kastco
                        Roadie
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by 113
                        I don`t think Dave is being controlled by Ed and Al, regarding his stage performance. Van Halen are simply presenting themselves in a different way. They need to preserve the legacy. It`s all about the music this time. As Dave said, at the beggining of one show, "I won`t shit you about". The real test will come after the tour, when they begin to create a new studio album. This will result in creative arguments and tension.
                        Yeah I agree with you 100%. Another thing people don't mention is the fact that Dave and the brothers aren't 30 anymore. These guys are in their fifties so they are bound to mature and slow down a wee bit. Considering theirs ages these guys astound me. I could only wish to be in the same shape as Dave at 53.
                        SUPPORT THE BIG RED MACHINE
                        THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• kastco
                          Roadie
                          • Dec 2006

Another thing, some seem to think that Ed and Dave getting along is just an act. I doubt it. Granted they know they need each other inorder to hope to return to any level of respect (which they are doing quite nicely) but in my opinion it has always seemed like you could read EVH like a book when he wasn't happy. It was very evident during the 2004 tour. IMO I think they have probably come to an understanding, put the shit behind them and are now friends.
                          THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

• saintbarry
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Dec 2004

I don't care if they have Fu Man Cue playing bass,but on the next album Van Halen needs Mikes background vocals to sound like Classic Van Halen.The Classic Van Halen sound is what people want to hear!The Classic Van Halen sound is what made Van Halen the greatest rock band ever.The next Van Halen Album needs to sound like Classic Van Halen. Van Halen needs Mike to sound like classic Van Halen .

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

Van Halen needs Michael Anthony like The Beatles needed Pete Best.
                              "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• kastco
                                Roadie
                                • Dec 2006

I think everyone would agree that having MA in the line up would have been ideal but in my opinion they have proved 10 times over that the present lineup with Wolfie kicks ass and puts on a show that even the critics are saying is awesome. Some may give a shit, others like myself could care less about the MA, Wolfie situation. The bottom line is that these shows are displaying awesome musical talent all around from DLR excellent singing to the VH clan playing their asses off. All I want at this point is some studio work and the release of new material.
                                THE BEAST FROM THE EAST

Comment

Working...