Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwRavTPD-P4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mwRavTPD-P4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Howlin' Wolf

I Don't Need No Doctor

Confucious says, 'Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.'

The setlist remains the same...,,,

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

How about opening with SOMETHING FUCKING NEW?!?!?

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Polk High
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob

Could you imagine opening w/ a new song
          We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I was not happy to see VH's crappiest song ever, "I'll Wait" in the setlist, but now that I think about it, I'm gonna need a pee break at some point, so why not?
            gnaw on it

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

They're never going to get rid of Jump......
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                They're never going to get rid of Jump......
                Honestly, bin, I don't think they should, either...it's akin to asking Ozzy to go out and not do Paranoid, or Iron Maiden not to do The Number of the Beast or Priest not to do Living After Midnight...Jump is, like it or not, their signature song and what most of the non-diehard audience knows Van Halen from...

It just is...
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Honestly, bin, I don't think they should, either...it's akin to asking Ozzy to go out and not do Paranoid, or Iron Maiden not to do The Number of the Beast or Priest not to do Living After Midnight...Jump is, like it or not, their signature song and what most of the non-diehard audience knows Van Halen from...

It just is...
                  or queensryche not to do "silent lucidity"

i don't know where the fuck that came from. i hate quittin' cigarettes.
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

give us something different....PLEASE!...for those of us who have been to multiple shows!

Comment

• jharp84
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                      No chance they change a thing !!!
                      Dude- you Fuckin Nailed it! UNFORTUNATELY! :confused:

Comment

• jharp84
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

BOB! Even though I am a "leper"on this site now, I would like to say thanks for all your sigs, and belated congrats on mod - status! I FUCKIN TOTALLY AGREE WITH A NEW OPENING TUNE, ANYTHING DIFFERENT, POR-FA-VOR!

I mean playing major markets 3 fuckin times with the same show? :eek:

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by jharp84

I mean playing major markets 3 fuckin times with the same show? :eek:
                          Exactly... how can they roll into MSG and put on the same exact show as last time?? Or, for example, when I see them in Sunrise - they added a 2nd show and I know it'll be just like the 1st show... And I don't buy into the idea that 'well, it's for people who didn't see the 1st night' - fuck them, they should have went to both shows..
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SNIPER
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                            I was not happy to see VH's crappiest song ever, "I'll Wait" in the setlist, but now that I think about it, I'm gonna need a pee break at some point, so why not?
                            they should change the name of that song to "I Cant Wait Any Longer" then go take a fucking piss while they play it.

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Nov 2004

they should break down a little "me wise magic " in the middle of romeo delight instead of magic bus ........ and play yankee rose .

Comment

• ace diamond
                                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Re: Re: 2008 setlist

Originally posted by Apocalypso
                                I'd be surprised if they did change the set in any fashion at all for the Spring leg. I think the band is really comfortable and happy with the setlist and the current pacing the running order gives each member key times to breath.

I've always thought some songs are in odd spots and pairings on the '07 set (Mean Street/Pretty Woman, Unchained/I'll Wait/Cradle?!?), but when you see the show, you can see there's practical reasons why some songs which thematically don't work well together,do work for band member pacing reasons. The simple reason I'll Wait and Cradle are together is they both use sampled keyboards and they're not tough songs for Eddie to play, thus he gets a decent break extended off Alex's solo spot before launching into a run of guitar-intensive tunes for the last 3rd of the show.

I think the bigger question is going to be how consistant will Eddie's playing be this leg considering the last couple shows in Las Vegas and the fact many of the Spring '08 shows are going to be in secondary markets where the band, notably Eddie has slacked off on past tours and not really brought his "A" game.

You can be sure Eddie and the band will be at the top of their game for certain high profile shows like MSG and Chicago, but other cities like Sunrise, FL and Milwaukee, WI which are unquestiobably secondary markets at the end of long runs of the Spring leg I would bet are going to get substandard shows from a tired, burned out Eddie.

T.B.
                                i will let you all know about the milwaukee show.
                                Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                                When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                                "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

Working...