X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAN HLN CA
    Foot Soldier
    • Apr 2005

08 • in the Name of NAMM

Every January NAMM's highlight has been Ed's appearance and or performance. Even after hearing he was probably not going to make it felt that there was a decent chance he'd show with almost a week until 2nd leg. VH was not part of these festivities but there were still some great times had.
    Highlight for me was taking my wife to the Fender party, open bar and killer food way above the rim with sushi & prime rib.
    FYI guitar shopper's, Ed's white Wolfgang model is now in production and available soon but not sure of price.

Funniest part of the show came when I literally bumped into the Dugie who I recognized from pics, MA's tech, and I asked if Mike was around and he said Michael left early afternoon, then asked him about his page on MA's site complementing the design then asking who built it and he says this guy here, calling over a cat who turns out to be Brad Starks from VHcom turned into a nice chat and cool guy, the funny part was when we took off Kevin says wait a minute and stuck out his hand. Wife got a handfull of HotSauce pics

Overall there was lots of good times, networking and endless cool shit with the best people watching on earth meshing all genre's of music folk.

Without saying more there is a good chance we hear about a set adjustment once reviews roll in later tonight.
  • Hyman Roth
    Veteran
    • Nov 2006

Nice...except the hot sauce part....lol.

And what's this about the white Wolfgang being in production. I don't
    follow the industry and EVH hardware as much as most on this
    site...but wasn't the Wolfgang made by Peavy....and doesn't Ed have
    a contract with Fender now? Is Fender going to be making the new
    Wolfgang?
    Trollidillo-T

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
      Nice...except the hot sauce part....lol.

And what's this about the white Wolfgang being in production. I don't
      follow the industry and EVH hardware as much as most on this
      site...but wasn't the Wolfgang made by Peavy....and doesn't Ed have
      a contract with Fender now? Is Fender going to be making the new
      Wolfgang?
      To answer your questions... yes and yes. The original WG was made my Peavey. It's my understanding that EVH has the rights to the body design, and is now producing the WG via Fender and will be selling them through his EVH brand.
      I'm curious to see what this 'new' WG is all about, but I doubt that it will be a nicer guitar then the Peavey HP CT - which is what became of the original Peavey WG after EVH split.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
        Veteran
        • Nov 2006

Thanks, VAiN. That makes a bit more sense if Ed retained the right to
        the design. I guess the new Frankenstrat isn't selling as much as
        they hoped. Although I'm sure all those pussies on EVH.com went out and got a second mortgage to finance the $25,000.00 purchase price...
        Trollidillo-T

Comment

• katie
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Nov 2004

In the early 80's MA Bass was modelled on a bottle of JD

Jump to 2008......

Direct from the Fender homepage -
          Wolfie's Bass is going to be modelled on himself

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Re: 08 • in the Name of NAMM

Originally posted by van hln CA

Without saying more there is a good chance we hear about a set adjustment once reviews roll in later tonight.
            Set adjustment? We can only hope!

NAMM is a great experience. Thanks for sharing.

Any photos
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I wish Ed would market a no-nonsense one pickup, original Floyd based Strat and sell it in the nieghborhood of $500. Call it the EVH Special or something and make it available in some cool paint schemes like metalic flake green or purple. Then have the premium prices guitars the copies of Ed's originals.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Don Corleone
                Veteran
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
                I guess the new Frankenstrat isn't selling as much as
                they hoped.
                It's only on a limited run of about 300, and the Charvel deal (the 2,500 quid jobs) has expired now, so the new Wolfgang is the only real option for the masses wanting to get their hands on an EVH Branded guitar without having to sell body parts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fender release a lower level Wolfgang - 400 GBP/USD.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Apr 2005

Re: Re: 08 • in the Name of NAMM

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                  Set adjustment? We can only hope!

NAMM is a great experience. Thanks for sharing.

Any photos
                  Did not take camera, I did pic the Frankie and White with cell phone but its glare/blur. I would love to buy the white model from a second's deal because it is Sweet! I am not good enough to justify buying even at cost.

And as far as last nights 1st show, have to say what was said to me was not specific as far as a definite set list change only my misinterpretation after seeing it stayed the same.

Hearing the Okla. show Kicked Ass again is just as good news to me at this point. Hope it roll's all year!

Comment

Working...