• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellyllions
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Just for my favorite CVH fans

Dear Holly - (yeah that's my real name)

Easily the #1 thing our listeners want to know on the request lines today at 919-860-9600 is whether or not the rest of the Van Halen tour (which would include this Friday night at the RBC Center) is cancelled. It all stems from a story on www.TMZ.com that claims Eddie is having "issues" and that a cancellation announcement is coming soon. The band is scheduled to play Dallas tonight and Cincinnati Wednesday.

We're keeping very close tabs on it - as of this writing (and certainly it
    could change any minute), Friday's show is ON. Blade and I are still
    planning on giving away tickets with "1984 at 4" each afternoon this week at 4pm with a grand prize of front row tickets. We're also planning on broadcasting live from the RBC Center starting at 4pm Friday.

As of moments ago, www.billboard.com posted a story claiming the tour is NOT cancelled, although tonight's stop in Dallas is being postponed (though that's not yet official). The story also claims that a press release regarding the tour's status is expected within 24 hours. Check out the story here -

I certainly do hope you get a chance to see the show Friday - the one I saw in Charlotte last year was incredible. At this point, a few tickets
    remain on sale through Ticketmaster.

As soon as we get official word any differently, you'll hear it on The
    Concert Station - 96rock. Save the drama for your mama...and Van Halen.

Best,
    Foster
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Closing this one, please use the sticky now.....

Thanks....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...