IDIOTS - Stop Whining - Dave's Solo stuff is better than anything Van Halen did!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Most of you people who say VH is better than Dave's solo stuff probably haven't even heard any of the Dave CDs since EEAS and Skyscraper.

Well guess what, Dave's best solo CDs are arguably the ones he did after Skyscraper.

Furthermore, even if you have some of the post Skyscaper CDs, you obviously haven't listened to them closely. Or you have hard rock tunnel vision!!!

DAVE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dave_is_vh; 06-19-2004, 01:22 PM.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
      Veteran
      • May 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
      Most of you people who say VH is better than Dave's solo stuff probably haven't even heard any of the Dave CDs since EEAS and Skyscraper.

Well guess what, Dave's best solo CDs are arguably the ones he did after Skyscraper.

Furthermore, even if you have some of the post Skyscaper CDs, you obviously haven't listened to them closely. Or you have hard rock tunnel vision!!!

DAVE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ALAE has always been my favourite. But he shoulda left off Shoot It and Hammerhead Shark. Fucking awful.

Vocals on ALAE are outstanding, there's power in the voice.

Comment

• hot for david
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

Is this the David Lee Roth board - or the Van Halen whiners board?

Most of Dave's solo CDs are better than the Van Halen CDs.

I've got a compilation CD of Dave's best solo stuff and another compilation CD of the best VH stuff and you know what - I prefer listening to the solo stuff. It is much more Dave.

Imagine what Dave thinks when he comes to this site and sees everyone bitching and moaning about Van Halen. It must make him feel like shit.

FUCK Van Halen.

All I want is Dave.

DAVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
        why you said that , i'm not sayin' that dave is not awesome n' great , but think this HE IN CONBINATION WITH THE VH BROTHER N' MICHAEL A. DID GREAT MUSIC , they together are awesome , i love dave too , but i preffer see vh togehter again .
        "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
        http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I will say that I think Dave's solo stuff is very underrated, even by the Roth fans on this site. I've seen poeple say they WOULD NOT buy a Roth solo rarities box set.........To each his own, but that's a shocking statement from hard core fans.

Comment

• BrownSound1
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

I like most of Dave's solo stuff, but with the exception of EEAS, it doesn't have the same snap and sizzle as classic Van Halen does.

Comment

• Mezro
              Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by pete
              You fucking fecal parasite.
              Hey Pete....that is classic man...fecal parasite!

Mezro...look in your anal tissue for a hard chomping, nut zapping, fecal parasite
              Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by pete
                you are the most stupid fuck alive.

If he's the "stupidest" (WHAT AN ASSHOLE), you're a fucking dog turd with sever learning defects.

Go home and convince yourself that Van Hagar mediocrity is modern.

You fucking fecal parasite.
                What he said!!!!

Comment

• lms2

Okay, I am not that hard core. I like Classic Van Halen best. Then Dave solo, sometimes more than others. But what the hell, I like some van hagar too.

Comment

• bru87tr
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

DAVE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry - I own all of Daves solo discs and still I listen to EEAS and Skyscraper the most! I love ALAE and YFLM and DLR Band discs but still they dont come out as much as EEAS and Skyscraper. even CFTH comes out more. fuck it they are all good but my point is EEAS and Skyscraper sold more for a reason... they had more EDGE!!!!!!
                    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

I don't understand why people like EEAS so much. I think all of his other CDs blow EEAS away. Something about EEAS, sounded like Dave was trying too hard or trying to give people what they want, not what he wanted to give them. On the other CDs he lets loose more and does his own thing. Elephant Gun is the only song on EEAS that is a Dave classic in my opinion. Your Filthy Little Mouth on the other hand is loaded with classics. Classics that most of the hard rock fans on this site will never listen to hard enough to appreciate.
                      "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

This is blasphemy here, but I prefer Skysrcaper and ALAE slightly over EEAS.

Comment

• Foozwah
                          Roadie
                          • Jan 2004

Re: IDIOTS - Stop Whining - Dave's Solo stuff is better than anything Van Halen did!!!!!!

I've got a compilation CD of Dave's best solo stuff and another compilation CD of the best VH stuff and you know what - I prefer listening to the solo stuff. It is much more Dave.
                          You know what? I totally fucking agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I loved 'classic' VH, but when the big split happened it just didn't have that much impact on me, cos I knew Dave was always going to do something else great, and Eddie was a whiny little bitch at the best of times. When Dave released CFTH before he even left the band it already showed that he wasn't a one-trick pony, and EEAS kicked motherfucking goals with both feet. 'Yankee Rose' VS 'Why Can't This Be Love?'? Give me a fucking break, there's nothing there to even debate.

Sure, it's been up and down for Dave ever since, but along the way there's been some GREAT music in a variety of styles on EVERY DAMN ALBUM HE'S MADE. I'll take that any day over the stench-ridden flood of poxy power ballads and whiny-bitch nonsense that the brothers spew out every time they need to top up their bank accounts at the expense of all the dumb-as-a-post fans who either don't know any better, or are so blinkered and living in the past that they'll happily chow down on any scabby, pus-filled offerings that the brothers deign to scrape off their shit-encrusted little dicks and serve up to the eternally-deluded VH faithful.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

van halen 1 is the greatest cd ever period.....

its never ever gonna be topped.....

dave solo stuff is good
                            but it will never be as good as van halen stuff
                            Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Foozwah
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                              dave solo stuff is good
                              but it will never be as good as van halen stuff
                              Reality check to table three.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

van halen 1 is way better than any of dave's solo cd's period
                                Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

Working...