Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I think I'm over my head going into a smilie war with Elvis !!
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      Yngwie's picking technique is mindblowing.

He really does have such incredible coordination between his picking and fretting hands.

Like, stuff I MIGHT be able to do legato, he can do even faster, picking every note clearly.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        He really does have such incredible coordination between his picking and fretting hands.

Like, stuff I MIGHT be able to do legato, he can do even faster, picking every note clearly.
        It's sickening isn't it!?
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          My wife grew up just up the road from where Jimi Hendrix is buried in Renton, Washinton. In fact, my brother in law worked for that cemetery and he told me he could take me to Jimi's grave. This was before the new fancy memorial was built and Jimi just had a small, flat tombstone with a Strat on it. It was rainy and wet and all the grass was off jimi's grave due to all the people visiting it.

What was cool is he took me to see the collection of stuff people left on the grave that the cemetery kept. It was wild. He said sometimes they would catch people having sex on the grave which is creepy.
          Looks like they did some paving. If you look just to the right of where it says Greenwood Memorial Park, where the car is parked, you can see what looks like a sidewalk coming towards the camera.

That used to not be paved, but you could easily see the path worn in the grass to where Jimi was buried. He was buried right where it looks like a square of concrete at the end of the now-paved 'path' (at the very bottom edge of the photo).

I did not get to visit Jimi until 2006, after the new monument was created and they covered Jimi up with tons of granite and marble.

I am going to visit him again in a little over a month when I go up there again for vacation.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

As for the rest of the stuff in this thread, I do not think spEd meant to slag Jimi.

I have many, many Hendrix boots (both audio and DVD).

The one solo Jimi did that spEd could NEVER dream of wishing he could think about doing, does not require technique. It just requires you to be a direct channel from God.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVvtIS2YGVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVvtIS2YGVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

It's sickening isn't it!?
              Depending on my mood, when I hear Malmsteen, I either:

a) get inspired to practice a bit harder (considering I've been fucking around with the instrument off and on since 1982, I should be much better than I am)

or

b) just don't ever want to even bother playing again...he's that fucking good.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Depending on my mood, when I hear Malmsteen, I either:

a) get inspired to practice a bit harder (considering I've been fucking around with the instrument off and on since 1982, I should be much better than I am)

or

b) just don't ever want to even bother playing again...he's that fucking good.
                Same here. Now if he would work on the songwriting end of things, he'd be the full package...
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Same here. Now if he would work on the songwriting end of things, he'd be the full package...
                  Yeah, I trip out when I see these guys that have instructional videos & such and are just absolutely fucking amazing....yet they couldn't write a decent rhythm riff to save their lives, and therefore can't write a decent song. Sometimes three simple bar chords is enough to sound great.

Iron Man & Smoke On The Water would be two great examples. Two of the most simple songs, every guitarist learns these right away. Yet they are great tunes that will be around forever.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    It just requires you to be a direct channel from God.
                    That's bullshit...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      That's bullshit...
                      Not according to Phil Keaggy, who wrote a song called "Play Thru Me" about exactly that - his music literally coming from God.

Up late again tonight,
                      I feel a song coming on too,
                      I might write one for you.
                      But where did I find these chords,
                      I've never heard them before,
                      Don't stop until you're through.

I've been listening to the radio
                      And when I do there's something I listen for,
                      A grain of truth that makes me long
                      For more of You.

Maker of all melody fill my heart with song,
                      Play how you feel, oh play thru me.
                      Healing can come through the song
                      Your own hands upon,
                      This is for real, no fantasy.
                      Last edited by FORD; 04-14-2009, 08:39 PM.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Who gives a shit what he said...

Red Devil

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV-t9KFxZuI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xV-t9KFxZuI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0 x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

New song from Yngwie and Ripper Owens...

Yngwie breaks a sting during the solo but recovers amazingly...

A Strat with a broken string is murder...

Last edited by ELVIS; 04-14-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Ed and Yngwie

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8QoaeL5Sl8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8QoaeL5Sl8&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color 2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Who gives a shit what he said...
                            Gregory, do ye not believe talent is given unto men from Me and My Dad?

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

If there is one weakness with him, that is it...am not bagging on the guy at all, but to me his songs are oftentimes a vehicle for his incredible guitar playing, rather than the other way around.

Anguish and Fear was a pretty kickin' tune, though.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Anguish and Fear was a pretty kickin' tune, though.
                                Good call!

Everything on Marching Out is great...

Comment

Working...