X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    Elvis even has a strat that makes his toast in the morning !!
    The tone controls adjust the heating elements so
    you can get *the* perfect slice of toast !

The whammy bar allows for convenient lowering and
    raising of the toast.
    I have a Strat where you stick the whammy bar up your ass and the tone controls control the vibration pattern and the volume knob controls the intensity.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      I have a Strat where you stick the whammy bar up your ass and the tone controls control the vibration pattern and the volume knob controls the intensity.
      I had one as well, yet my ex-wife insisted on getting it as part of our divorce settlement.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

HA! You gave up your guitar in a divorce?

Now you all know why I keep my gear in storage..

This is you for giving your guitar to a bitch. Everyone knows it now!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by GAR
          This is you for giving your guitar to a bitch. Everyone knows it now!
          Yep, pretty much like you've just proven to everyone that you are far too thick to recognize a joke. Nicely done.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Well, shit, if Hendrix had a locking tremolo system, he would have had less problems staying in tune live...but seeing as how that hadn't even been invented when Hendrix was still alive, what the fuck does Eddie expect? Let Ed grab a Strat off the rack, jack off the whammy bar for an hour and see if HE is still in tune.

In terms of rock guitar playing, to me, much of what came before Hendrix was in black and white, and Hendrix propelled it into technicolor.

Even when I listen to Hendrix today, I am still floored by the excellence and inventive nature of his stuff, both live and in the studio. Not just a case of the context re: when it was done, either. "Oh, Hendrix was good, considering it was the late 1960s / early 1970s..." Bullshit. His stuff is timeless.

Hendrix also wrote the bulk of his lyrics and sang his own tunes. We all sadly remember what happened when Ed gave THAT a shot (How Many Say I? Just once, thank fucking god!).

Hendrix also was the most visible person to use things like the fuzz tone, the octave divider, the wah-wah pedal, feedback, intense tremolo bar work, phase shifters and couple them with high-speed blazing blues rock runs. No, Hendrix wasn't the first to use those things, but then Eddie wasn't the first person to use two-handed tapping, either.

Hendrix was a great all-around musician: great ear for record production, incredible showman, superb tunesmith, compelling lyricist.

Ed was an exceptional and innovative player. Incredible with an axe in his hands. Far as writing lyrics, Ed can't come up with any worth a damn, and Ed has shit in his ears when it comes to producing and engineering his own music (no coincidence that his best sounding stuff was done with Ted behind the mixing board and his worst sounding stuff was done when Ed was running the show).

Easiest thing for Eddie to have said when hearing the Hendrix comparison would have been something along the lines of "Hey, thanks. That's an honor to be compared to a musician as great as him." By trying to qualify his response, he just comes across like an ass.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

Hendrix probably would have a recording company if he would have lived.

Ed can't get signed right now.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2007

There's been a helluva lot of good stuff come out of Electric Lady Studios..

Can't say that about 5150, can you?

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  What do you mean ??

It looked like somebody wanted some moolah...my bad...

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

I think Melissa Etheridge has that same guitar..

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      I think Melissa Etheridge has that same guitar..
                      I stole it from her.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• darkknight
                        Groupie
                        • Mar 2004

I realised that last night when I saw a clip from the same show with a song from Electric Lady Land...

But thanks for pointing that out...

I should have at least caught the guitar differences...

I have almost 15 Strats...

Cool, do you have any pictures up here of your guitars? I love Strats but I build my own model too.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by darkknight
                          Cool, do you have any pictures up here of your guitars? I love Strats but I build my own model too.
                          I will have in a few days...

I'm working on it...

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                            Sniper
                            • Jun 2004

I don't get the comparison between Hendrix and EVH...apples and oranges in my opinion. The two are so different. Nobody can deny that they are both pioneers of their time, but very different ones! One thing they both have in common is that they have each successfully tapped into that magical river of great music thing that we are all so lucky if we get the chance to experience as musicians. I could understand why EVH would get sick of people comparing him to Hendrix, because Hendrix is that sterotypical "genious guitarist" that every Joe Blow thinks of when they think of great guitarists, but I do think saying Hendrix didn't create is a bit stupid. I don't get that?? That's a bit of the arrogant Eddie if you ask me.
                            Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

After reading your post I thought I bet some lunatic has done something like that.

The world is indeed a fucking crazy place...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIRuon4TLFM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIRuon4TLFM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Playing Guitar Makes Lightsaber Thing Vibrate - Geekologie

Take a guitar, plug in a VOX AmPlug, and then attach an OhMiBod vibrator to that and what do you get? A vibrator that responds to what you play on the guitar! Cool. The Vox AmPlug is really just a little amp you can plug headphones into, it's the OhMiBod vibrator that makes all the magic happen (it will also plug into the headphone jack of an MP3 player, etc. and respond to that music as well). Talk about becoming a true Guitar Hero. Yeah buddy. Hook it all up, start jamming out on some Stairway To Heaven, and soon you're lucky lady will be in heaven. Or she'll break up with you and start dating a Stratocaster, which is what happened to me. Stupid vibrator-guitar combo, I hate you.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                                Veteran
                                • May 2004

I wonder how many people Ed has around actually telling him that this is right.

They guys believing his own hype now
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...