X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sirius is no better, they play old Kiss on Hair Nation all the time.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      This is Metal !
      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/liqT8X6PG3M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/liqT8X6PG3M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      FUCK YEAH!

Although many will disagree, this is metal to me as well.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xY6fU6SqJkE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xY6fU6SqJkE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Carloscda
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Panamark
        You would think a channel called VH1 would be obliged
        to farken play its namesake !!!
        EXACTLY!! To much like right though....
        Last edited by Carloscda; 03-24-2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Carloscda
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2009

Kiss - Heavens on fire
          You can see in that video they wanted to be VH sooo bad!
          Look at the drum kit reminds me of Al's kits back then.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I've always thought that the term was created by "Heavy Metal Thunder" in "Born to be Wild"...
            It was from before then. William Burroughs used the term, yet I'll be damned if I can remember where.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
              It was from before then. William Burroughs used the term, yet I'll be damned if I can remember where.
              Here ya go!
              Origins of "heavy metal"
              The origin of the term heavy metal is uncertain. An early use of the term was by counter-culture writer William S. Burroughs. In his 1962 novel The Soft Machine, he introduces the character "Uranian Willy, the Heavy Metal Kid". His next novel in 1964 Nova Express, develops this theme further, heavy metal being a metaphor for addictive drugs. Another aspect of these novels is the use of recorded sound to free oneself from a programmed life and the alienation caused by an increasingly mechanical world.

"With their diseases and orgasm drugs and their sexless parasite life forms - Heavy Metal People of Uranus wrapped in cool blue mist of vaporized bank notes - And the Insect People of Minraud with metal music"
              Link
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Uranian Willy, the Heavy Metal Kid
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Damn. You apparently could open a Burroughs novel to a random page and name your band after the terms written there. Steely Dan, Soft Machine...an article featuring the various names would be an interesting read.

Thanks for the info, kwame.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    Damn. You apparently could open a Burroughs novel to a random page and name your band after the terms written there. Steely Dan, Soft Machine...an article featuring the various names would be an interesting read.

Thanks for the info, kwame.

It's been so many years since I read Burroughs, I am getting some of his books tomorrow. Been looking for a good read, I just finished some non-fiction and need a break from that stuff.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

In his best Carson voice....

"I did not know that....."
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Steppenwolf was the first to put the term to music...
                        now we have full clarity !!
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Sirius is no better, they play old Kiss on Hair Nation all the time.
                          They had big hair except for Halford...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            FUCK YEAH!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xY6fU6SqJkE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xY6fU6SqJkE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                            Def Lep were metal until Pyromania came out . Then they were shit!

What has 9 arms and sucks? ...............
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              FUCK YEAH!

Their first 2 albums were good...

Def Lep were metal until Pyromania came out . Then they were shit!

What has 9 arms and sucks? ...............
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Panamark
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Pyromania was ok too...
                                Thats the last Def Lep album I own..
                                I reckon they turned to shit after Pyromania.....
                                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...