X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

MICHAEL ANTHONY: 'I Never Quit VAN HALEN' - June 3, 2009
    Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony has disputed guitarist Eddie Van Halen's assertion that Anthony quit the band before being replaced by Eddie's son Wolfgang.

In a recent interview with RollingStone.com, Eddie Van Halen was asked if he had heard CHICKENFOOT, which in addition to Anthony, includes former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar.

"I'm too busy doing my own thing," Van Halen said, who then added, "The funny thing is that everyone who quits the band always claims they got fired by me. Hey, I'm not the bad guy here.

"When Hagar left the band, Mike went with him," Van Halen continued. "Then when we get back together with Dave [Lee Roth], and all of a sudden, he wants back in. It's like, 'No, dude, you quit the band.' So my son became the bass player. But we didn't give Mike the boot to have my son play."

Michael Anthony, speaking to MusicRadar.com, challenged Van Halen's version of events. "Why would I have quit VAN HALEN? It never happened," he said. "And what's weird is, he was being asked about CHICKENFOOT, whether he had heard us or not, and suddenly he launches into this thing about me quitting the group. What does one thing even have to do with the other?"

"I never 'quit.' I never once said, 'I'm out of here.' It never happened. That's the weird thing right now, for Eddie to be trying to paint himself as 'not the bad guy.'"

"Ultimately, all's well that ends well," he said. "I just find it odd that I'm put into a situation where I'm forced to defend myself. Everything is great in my world and I couldn't be happier with the group I'm in. But I don't want people to think I quit VAN HALEN, because I didn't. It never happened."

Read more of Michael Anthony's comments at MusicRadar.com.

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sauce
      I just find it odd that I'm put into a situation where I'm forced to defend myself.
      You're not forced to do anything but carry Hagar's jock... just shut up and go away.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        Was there even a "band" to "quit" ???

Like saying the captain "quit" the Titanic.

Until Dave came back and pulled the wreckage up from the bottom of the ocean, it was DOA

Not a great analogy with all due respect.

The captain of the Titanic went down with the ship whereas Michael Anthony is now a midshipman on a shit stained lifeboat floating on a sea of mediocrity whilst Hagar blows an annoying whistle that everyone is ignoring...

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Left off a good piece of the interview there Mr Saucey Walker...

Anthony offers Van Halen some advice

"Eddie says he hasn't heard Chickenfoot, and I believe him, because it's true, he doesn't really listen to anything," says Anthony. "But instead of trying to rewrite the past and talk shit or whatever, he should see what we're doing and go into his studio and make some music. Make music, have some fun. Don't just talk - do!

"Ultimately, all's well that ends well," he says. "I just find it odd that I'm put into a situation where I'm forced to defend myself. Everything is great in my world and I couldn't be happier with the group I'm in. But I don't want people to think I quit Van Halen, because I didn't. It never happened."

MusicRadar has contacted Eddie Van Halen's management for a response. We are currently awaiting a reply.
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            Left off a good piece of the interview there Mr Saucey Walker...
            I posted all that stuff ZahZoo, I just commented on one statement.
            I know it's hard for you, but try to keep up.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

it's hard for Zah to keep up, age takes it's toll...
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                it's hard for Zah to keep up, age takes it's toll...
                I understand... even more so now after watching all those Alzheimer shows on HBO. I'm trying to be much more patient with old man Zah.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  I posted all that stuff ZahZoo, I just commented on one statement.
                  I know it's hard for you, but try to keep up.
                  Keep up?

Don't cuntfuse me being behind you and Twona... I'm so far ahead of y'all I'm about to put you two another lap down!!

For the record... in post #76 you got the last paragraph in there but didn't have the previous one where Mike advises Ed to quit talkin shit and make some music.

I may be old... but I got enough coin to afford to pay attention... although I'm a cheap bastard and may choose to blow it off. Age has it's benefits!!
                  Last edited by ZahZoo; 06-03-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Keep up?

Don't cuntfuse me being behind you and Twona... I'm so far ahead of y'all I'm about to put you two another lap down!!

For the record... in post #76 you got the last paragraph in there but didn't have the previous one where Mike advises Ed to quit talkin shit and make some music.

I may be old... but I got enough coin to afford to pay attention... although I'm a cheap bastard and may choose to blow it off. Age has it's benefits!!
                    OK Gramps... you're right... don't get upset...
                    Now take it easy and eat this applesauce (with your meds crushed up in it).

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

are you insinuating the old guy has no (or removable) teef?
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        are you insinuating the old guy has no (or removable) teef?
                        Zah is from Arkansas... where being old is not the only requisite for having no teeth.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Piss off you two... I gots all me teeth unlike you inbred Yankee Hillbillies from New Jersey and Ohio!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Not a great analogy with all due respect.

The captain of the Titanic went down with the ship whereas Michael Anthony is now a midshipman on a shit stained lifeboat floating on a sea of mediocrity whilst Hagar blows an annoying whistle that everyone is ignoring...
                            But MiA did in fact go down with the ship.....

But how long can you sit on the bottom of the North Atlantic before you get the itch to sail again, even if it is in a rusted out, barnacle encrusted hulk like the SS Chickenfoot.

You need to see the analogy through, Sesh. Dave was the guy that brought it up from Davey Jones' Locker.

The SS CVH stared taking on water somewhere east of Gary Cherone Island.

/at sea analogies

Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Piss off you two... I gots all me teeth unlike you inbred Yankee Hillbillies from New Jersey and Ohio!!
                              Only one way to settle this.

Colostomy bags at 10 paces.

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• thome
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Mar 2005

". Everything is great in my world and I couldn't be happier with the group I'm in. But I don't want people to think I quit VAN HALEN, because I didn't. It never happened."
                                Ofcourse you don't, then it would appear as if you were able to stand on your own and accept responsibility, and get on with your awesome wabblo/sauce bands.And the one where you have Dave caricatures up on stage with you and spam, to Karaoke the songs that made you rich.

Here is a guy who was in a band or business for 30 years and he expects us to believe it was nothing but roses and peach ice cream. "I could never do wrong"...please...

I wouldn't give a fukk what "people" thought.

Sakk up MA.

Comment

Working...