Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Who gives a flying fuck if they get mainstream or not.

Christ...if they unleash Roth...90% of the buying public will think he's a ridiculous old-ass crazy clown. Then there's us...

the 10% that are old-ass, ridiculous clowns.

Maybe they sell-out...maybe they don't...but they'll make enough money to keep doing it.

They ARE relevant, but there isn't likely anyone out there that will agree except people that understand what old-fashioned, kick you in the fucking face, rock and roll is. There aren't acts out there anything like Van Halen. Christ...when I was kid, It was all about getting laid, having fun, and getting laid.

Now, our current counterparts, for the most part, spend their days whining and moaning and listening to poor-man's punk, calling it rock. Either that, or we're forced to listen to the cookie-cutter silverback...er nickelback...or Creed...or shit like that. They aren't ever going to get VH...so fuck 'em.

This band will be what it's supposed to be...passed down from parents to kids of people that respect what the music is about...

I'm pissed I didn't take my son to a show...and respect all the fathers and sons...mothers and daughters that I saw at the shows I've been to.

Fuck mainstream. Fuck all that shit they used to do in the 70's and 80's. It's not relevant anymore. Put out the fucking new music, and let the fucking millions of us that have been sitting the fuck around for 25 years enjoy it. If there's overflow...so be it.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Oh, and one more thing...

Those that don't go to the shows because it isn't Van Halen...good for fucking you...it isn't Van Halen...you're right.

Those that go to the show to see Dave onstage with spED...good for fucking you...it is Dave and Ed onstage...

Today...I watched an hour of some Italian fucker making fucked up cakes because I was too fucking lazy to change the channel with the remote. We all make choices...

It's america...have a coke and a smile...
      Last edited by POJO_Risin; 09-07-2009, 11:24 PM. Reason: Because I fucking can...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Douglas T.
        Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by kwame k
        I did skip the last tour but now I am regretting it.
        Damn there is one person that didn't go!
        Last edited by Douglas T.; 09-07-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Douglas T.
          Damn there is one person that didn't go!
          I didn't go either. Maybe if they get it right this time....
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

Those that don't go to the shows because it isn't Van Halen...good for fucking you...it isn't Van Halen...you're right.

Those that go to the show to see Dave onstage with spED...good for fucking you...it is Dave and Ed onstage...

Today...I watched an hour of some Italian fucker making fucked up cakes because I was too fucking lazy to change the channel with the remote. We all make choices...

That was beautiful, man.
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by Igosplut
              I didn't go either. Maybe if they get it right this time....
              Don't hold your breath on that one!

Comment

• thome
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Mar 2005

LoungeMachine Name the last band that was materially dormant for 25 years that came out with decent NEW material........

I'll wait........
                Your wait is over my son, I heard you and I am concerned, There soon will be the answer you seek...go in peace.

Now, you must simply accept, to find what escapes you.

Now, I will wait...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Disturbing thread... especially with the Fair-Weather Webbies, Icon & Pojo crawling from the cracks and making a guest appearance... WTF is up with that..?
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Maybe they had a bunch of ...'s on the server that needed clearing out...

Comment

• thome
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

As with everything -I GO- -WE GO- -HE GO- -SHE GO- -THEY GO- -HOGO- -ZAGOGO-- YOUR LIVING IN A DISCO-, FORGET ABOUT THE RAT RACE- -HIPPOP- -SHOOPOP PADOO POP-..... as a reason to eat some good food with a fine babe and then see a show and I then work some romance into the evening and everbody wins.

Hows'come you ask so much...?

It is what it is.

I play this as I am working my way to every show that I am trepedatious about.
                      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pEil2e_bUvg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pEil2e_bUvg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wich is anything/show I cannot find perfection in.

So, I play it allways.

Times, with music will get you thru times, of no music, better than times with music, will get you thru times of no music.

Why is the corflake in the image?

Yes, it makes no sense for a reason that reason is for; is incorporated in the experience.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                        Name the last band that was materially dormant for 25 years that came out with decent NEW material........

I'll wait........
                        Neil Sedaka?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Maybe they had a bunch of ...'s on the server that needed clearing out...
                          Good point... punk bastards probably stole em from me as well...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• THEDOCTOR
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2009

Dude lighten up. Lounge Machine was just razzin ya to begin with. If you can't take that little bit, then you are not going to do well here. There are two types of jests here. Razzin ya,which ya just take and say some clever remark back(sometimes recognize ya had it coming and acknowledge it) and then there is the other which consists of someone just being a fucking asshole and really insulting you in a way that is uncalled for. What Lounge said originally falls into the first category. Don't sweat it,and don't get so offended . Once you bleed and act like it was such a big deal, you will get the feeding frenzy going on you. Learn to tell the difference and be a poster that insults in the FIRST category, and someone who can take the verbal jabs . Flame on when it falls in the second ,but dude, learn the difference. If it truly was uncalled for half the board would have sprung into action and said so.(NOTE: they did not)
                            As far as the reigns on the last tour? You bet there were. Held by Val. Under no uncertain terms was she going to let Wolf out with rehabbing Dad,silent Uncle Al,and Party Master Uncle Dave to corrupt his innocent structure with sex,drugs,and oh yeah,rock n roll. She had a whole list of do's and dont's and made regular unscheduled backstage appearances to insure that if one of the dont's WERE being broken, her lil boy was being pulled from the tour. That's from my friend who drove trucks for them for 20 years,who knows her personally. And rightfully so ,considering his age.
                            Remember this statement now. Wolfgang WAS a minor,he is NOT anymore.
                            Val will have no sayso in what he can or cannot do should he go touring with them next time,and will have no sayso on backstage conduct.
                            The reigns are now back where they should be. In Van Halen's hands!

Comment

• VanHalener
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Sorry Douglas but I have yet to receive payment for those questions.

Please submit credit card # in my private message box.

Thank you

Rock on
                              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

The next tour will be to promote the release of the 6 pack on WAX CYLINDER

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...