X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Blackflag
    Nobody wants to face facts, but the sound quality on the tour sucked dick, anyways.
    Oh my gawd, yes.... And hopefully, that will be addressed before they hit the road this time around....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blackflag
      Banned
      • Apr 2006

Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLRisCool1969
        I don't know who Kip Winger is and furthermore, I don't care. I just want to know if the person that I WAS chatting with was the REAL David Lee Roth. And I am 40 years old and I may be thin skinned but you are just downright rude.

Now we know why Lounge left.

Comment

• AJW
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          have a coke and a smile...
          One of my favorite lines when someone gets pissed off at me.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by deero
            dave did need it more than the others, he needed his fragile ego carressed, and you were all too happy to oblige. you roared at his stolen, cliche jokes, went nuts to his icm intro (which he doesn't even play), ignored the piped in vocal tracks LOVED his big gay hats, WISHED you were the microphone he was bouncing up and down on, i left that show (philly) unimpressed, as the bald one said "judge us harshly" OK---the band was rusty and you try too hard, the plugs look good, not real, but good. the magic? gone.
            That is great. You can finally move on with your life and discontinue posting here. After all, posting here is just a reminder of the frustration you encounter when thinking about all of the disappointments you have endured with the reunion. (sniff sniff). Go and be free.
            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Panamark
              I had to look that one up ya old bugger...
              Fooken Funny, interesting history lesson too..
              Makes the 8-track cartridge references here seem
              totally modern....

Isnt there an even older system that was kinda like
              braille that would make modified pianos play themselves ?
              I want the 6 pack on that media, Dammit !! I've bought
              it on just about every other media released....
              My best friend used to work for the only company on earth that still makes replacement parts for player pianos back in the late 70s. ( Welcome to Player Piano Company )

There were some junk pianos in the basement. He got the ivory off some broken keys, and made some guitar picks out of it. I still have one.

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by deero
                dave did need it more than the others, he needed his fragile ego carressed, and you were all too happy to oblige. you roared at his stolen, cliche jokes, went nuts to his icm intro (which he doesn't even play), ignored the piped in vocal tracks LOVED his big gay hats, WISHED you were the microphone he was bouncing up and down on, i left that show (philly) unimpressed, as the bald one said "judge us harshly" OK---the band was rusty and you try too hard, the plugs look good, not real, but good. the magic? gone.
                I have the whole Philly show on disc from soundboard. You are a fool!! It is a tight set all the way through and this was one of the early dates on the tour.

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

DAVID LEE ROTH & VAN HALEN made more money on tour in 2007-08 than any VH tour before....

what did the FLEECE THE SHEEP tour do? Average 5,000 people a night? At cut-rate prices?!?

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    I have the whole Philly show on disc from soundboard. You are a fool!! It is a tight set all the way through and this was one of the early dates on the tour.
                    It is widely believed that there are no soundboard boots of the 07/08 tour - are you SURE you have a soundboard? If so, may I have a copy??
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      It is widely believed that there are no soundboard boots of the 07/08 tour - are you SURE you have a soundboard? If so, may I have a copy??
                      VAiN, I believe that you are correct. Of the several boots I own and have run into from this tour, many claim to be of "soundboard quality", but I'll be darned if I've found an actual soundboard recording. I'm not doubting SNIPER at all, I'm merely agreeing about the rarity of such recordings.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

There may not be any soundboard "boots", but they definitely recorded some shows....

Now, whether we'll ever see any of them is another story...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          There may not be any soundboard "boots", but they definitely recorded some shows....

Now, whether we'll ever see any of them is another story...
                          Yeah, I'm well aware of the boot situation in the VH world... I'd say I have just about every show that was taped on the 07/08 tour in either audio or DVD

I really hope some of the last 08 shows that VH filmed will see the light of day... From what I've seen so far, they were definitely used as a reference for the VH Guitar Hero game - they totally nail Dave's moves from the tour..
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SNIPER
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

I was told it was but it may not be if you guys think there were none done. who knows. I do know it sounds like it could be for sure. It was recorded very fucking well. It sounds thick and clean through any thing I play it on. I would be more then happy to share it with anybody.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              mezro... no comment other than a Surivior style tribal counsel should be held...
                              Gee, who could they be cuntsidering to replace him?

I know! Let's have ZAHZOO bring this site down next.. ZAHZOO for webby!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Yeah, I'm well aware of the boot situation in the VH world... I'd say I have just about every show that was taped on the 07/08 tour in either audio or DVD
                                Selfishly, I kinda hope the Greensboro show comes up in proform somewhere (I have the boot)... That fucking crowd was insane being only the 2nd show....

Comment

Working...