X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • General Hina
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by gslinger
    your statement is inaccurate. dave was a founding member of van halen when they formally adopted the band's new name in 1974. he had more months with van halen than sammy does.

T.V.
    My statement is correct.
    The R'n'R Hall Of Fame doesn't notice how long the band was together.
    Inductions go by when the band released its first recording.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
      Sniper
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by pete
      Sammy will never get in as a solo artist.

that's a fact.
      That's true but neither will Dave.

Over and Out,
      General Hina

Comment

• hot for david
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

he maybe will be there cuz he's the actual frontman of vh n' he has to be there as a memeber , that's sad cuz if they gonna play in the rock n' roll hall of fame they have to do it with the original line up, but who knows
        "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
        http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

and I can't wait to see dave ruining the sisters and sam's day with his..."hey...you were there...and you were not there"-quote...

Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• RogueHorseman
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
            Do you think Sammy will want to be inducted into the hall
            in his pink tights or his yellow capri's?
            Yellow... it matches the stripe running down his back.
            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• azcrdnal
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Re: Rock and Roll HOF

Originally posted by Samsonite
              Bands are eligible for being entered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after their first release. If Van Halen gets in like...next year do you think they would count Hagar as a member? Don't give me shit like Hagar doesn't belong there...I'm just looking for an answer.

I did say if they get in because they might not get in. Black Sabbath still hasn't.
              i told you not to be stupid you moron

Comment

• Samsonite
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2004

How am I stupid?

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Samsonite
                  How am I stupid?
                  Are you a suitcase or a carry on?????

Comment

• Samsonite
                    Head Fluffer
                    • May 2004

...uh...is there something...I don't know about?

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

News flash for ya, Van Hagar is not eligible for the RHOF until the year 2010.
                      Although the name is the same the band is different and Spam was not a member when VH I was released.

Sure he'll be invited but it will not be his tenure being celebrated on that night, that is a fact.
                      He'll be like a Ritz cracker without a spread in that event.

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Bob_R
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                          My statement is correct.
                          The R'n'R Hall Of Fame doesn't notice how long the band was together.
                          Inductions go by when the band released its first recording.

Over and Out,
                          General Hina
                          Hina is right. gslinger is wrong as usual.
                          Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• Bob_R
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                            News flash for ya, Van Hagar is not eligible for the RHOF until the year 2010.
                            Although the name is the same the band is different and Spam was not a member when VH I was released.
                            Cat, Sam has to be voted in, I believe not 100% sure. But, when VH gets in he'll be in. It goes by a bands first recording release date. Shit, I believe they can actually vote Gary in as well technically.

Only the original members are automatically inducted to the best of my knowledge.

When Dave quit the VH name continued on. Shit, The Stones wouldn't be in then.
                            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• gigolo
                              Roadie
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                              Hina is right. gslinger is wrong as usual.
                              No you are wrong per usual EVH FANATIC.

Gslinger didn't post that his secretary did. If you would look dumbass, it has T.V. under it. She is accurate in her statement as it applies to the question.

FYI, when gslinger personally posts, it has a “…gs” at the end. I pm’d him and asked him what the deal was here. If you could read EVH FANATIC you would see many “posted by TV” or T.V.’s on that gslinger name. Unlike you, the man obviously has a life and is very busy!

I will say it again, Rock and Roll HOF induction has a lot to do with money and influence within the industry. The only person working those circles from Van Halen is Dave Lee Roth. You watch and see the results.

For you posters that obviously your ignorance exceeds your ability to type, RARHOF is not about how long you were with a rock band. It is about your contribution to the music industry and your contribution to the direction of music.

Hagar joined up with an already established superband that Diamond Dave and Eddie V made very famous. Since Hagar joined VH, total albums sales have gone down NOT up and he has made no major contribution to the direction of rock music, like Dave and Eddie have done.

Also, Hagar’s solo work both before and after his time with VH, have sold very poorly as to total unit sales. It is well published, you can look it up yourself, instead of being ignorant on the subject.

They don’t give RARHOF awards for people with Hagar’s published track record.
                              Hey you Van Dutch guys. Your names Neil & Bob or is that what you do!

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by gigolo
                                No you are wrong per usual EVH FANATIC.

Gslinger didn't post that his secretary did. If you would look dumbass, it has T.V. under it. She is accurate in her statement as it applies to the question.

FYI, when gslinger personally posts, it has a “…gs” at the end. I pm’d him and asked him what the deal was here. If you could read EVH FANATIC you would see many “posted by TV” or T.V.’s on that gslinger name. Unlike you, the man obviously has a life and is very busy!

I will say it again, Rock and Roll HOF induction has a lot to do with money and influence within the industry. The only person working those circles from Van Halen is Dave Lee Roth. You watch and see the results.

For you posters that obviously your ignorance exceeds your ability to type, RARHOF is not about how long you were with a rock band. It is about your contribution to the music industry and your contribution to the direction of music.

Hagar joined up with an already established superband that Diamond Dave and Eddie V made very famous. Since Hagar joined VH, total albums sales have gone down NOT up and he has made no major contribution to the direction of rock music, like Dave and Eddie have done.

Also, Hagar’s solo work both before and after his time with VH, have sold very poorly as to total unit sales. It is well published, you can look it up yourself, instead of being ignorant on the subject.

They don’t give RARHOF awards for people with Hagar’s published track record.
                                Stick to the subject jerkoff. Who the fuck is talking about album sales?

So, what are you saying shit for brains? You think Hagar's not getting in when VH is inducted? Let's be realistic now dickbreath.

There's absouletlely (sp?) nothing wrong with liking Roth more than Hagar but let's be realistic shall we? Hagar will be in w/VH when they're inducted and Dave will have one more shining moment.

fuck off gigolo 1985 is over. You fucking loser!

Comment

Working...