• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
    *LOL*
    Jealous of another band consisting of a singer, guitarist, bassist, and drummer? May as well rename all the CDs Van Roth.
    Mighty, but not the mightiest.
    ZZ Top hold that record... ONLY band with original lineup on their 4th decade of playin' and tourin'.
    Steve, you need to work on your definition.

Try muscle building exercises like going to Las Vegas, rubbing your balls with bloody, raw steaks, putting sausage around your neck, and kicking Siegfried and Roy's tiger...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
      I was made in a test tube. Where is Toys R Us? Lightening is Painful. Spam my Journal. Does Hermione come in an action figure?
      hmmmmm

Comment

• SFG
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Feb 2009

he made his money with them, the hair plugs are proof...

just go back to drinking the shitty tequila and continue to get fat...

Comment

• VanHalener
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by imapus_sylicker
          shut the fuck up, shitvicky!...
          shut the fuck up, shitdicky!
          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• yah
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2006

I think Mike has every right to be pissed when asked about the Hall of Fame decable.
            Watching him as the main representative of VH onstage without the rest of the original band was absolutely uncomfortable and embarrassing as a VH fan.
            He was pissed, embarrassed and felt completely awkward at the presentation and if that didn't drive a final nail into the original lineup of Vh; then I don't know what would.
            Mike is as done with VH and they are with him...end of story

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by yah
              I think Mike has every right to be pissed when asked about the Hall of Fame decable.
              Watching him as the main representative of VH onstage without the rest of the original band was absolutely uncomfortable and embarrassing as a VH fan.
              He was pissed, embarrassed and felt completely awkward at the presentation and if that didn't drive a final nail into the original lineup of Vh; then I don't know what would.
              He does have a right to be pissed. The namesake of the group weren't there. The original lead singer. What a debacle. Very weird for lack of a better word.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by yah
                I'm sorry...but I'm about sick of this as the next guy...

Mike is "done" with VH? I'm not saying anything positive or negative about the guy...but if you fucking believe that...you are absolutely fucking kidding yourself. If spED called tomorrow...he'd be there...make no fucking bones about it...
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

I guess my question then is...why the fuck was he there?...

Don't get me fucking wrong here...I know MA is a good guy...and whatever...but seriously...WTF?

He was there because his current paycheck went...plain and simple...

yeah...if Roth called him today and said, "Welcome back..."

You'd have to open all the doors...because he'd be crashing through them...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

If he's such a class act then he should of avoided the classlessness [wow, that's a word] that was and is The Hall of Shame. If 3/4 of the real band and the driving force behind the success failed to show up......be a class act and whether you agree with it or not.....are friends or not...don't show up, period.

You jammed with Paul Schafer and played a Van Hagar song.....listened to a band that played the CVH stuff not out of respect but to be visible because they had a product to sell.

When Roth and the Halens weren't going to show up........honor their wishes and don't show up. Fuck that BS, that....well someone had to show up because it's such an honor and would be rude not to.

Solidarity would of been a cooler way to go!
                    Originally posted by vandeleur
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

...and having fucking Hagar up there by himself would have been fucking brilliant...

That still fucking pisses me off...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Just awaiting the Michael Anthony apologists to start rolling through this...

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                          I'm sorry...but I'm about sick of this as the next guy...

Mike is "done" with VH? I'm not saying anything positive or negative about the guy...but if you fucking believe that...you are absolutely fucking kidding yourself. If spED called tomorrow...he'd be there...make no fucking bones about it...
                          Yeah, but why the fuck would he? The last tour grossed over what, 93 million dollars? That translates to Ed as "Wow! Putting Wolfie in this band turned out to be a pretty good idea!".

It just seems hypocritical to me that we spent 22 years raising holy hell over the replacement of an original member of this band, yet this version is somehow acceptable. What the fuck can you do?

It's easy to see just from the posts in this thread who the "Dave and Eddie" fans are, and who the Van Halen fans are.

This has been talked to death! That is all.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            Just awaiting the Michael Anthony apologists to start rolling through this...
                            eh. doesn't bother me any. the fact is, he had more right to be there than sam. and it's obvious he loves what the band did, so let him accept a little glory. i don't think he's ever tried to claim that he was hugely influential. i think he knows he was a decent bassist in a band that greatly overshadowed him. and as long as he got to play music in front of fans, then he was ok with it.

doesn't make the guy a saint. but given all the shit ed's thrown at him, i'm willing to cut mike a little slack.

mind you, doesn't make the rock and roll acceptance speech any better; it was still ridiculous. but i don't really blame mike. and after all, if there wasn't some insane, embarrassing ridiculousness at the hall of fame, it wouldn't be van halen...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

I'm pretty sure Mike would have been invited to the HOF just like the others...

It's on Dedwad and Alexhole for not showing...and I can imagine ed putting pressure on Dave not to show...

And BTW, Dave is a pussy too for going along with it, and especially for stating on his lame radio show that an ALL ORIGINAL LINEUP is the only way he would do a reunion...

Comment

• Bob_R
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                I'm pretty sure Mike would have been invited to the HOF just like the others...
                                Don't know if I'm reading you correctly but, of course he would have. I don't think the VH's have/had the right the invite him or not. He was part of the band.

It's on Dedwad and Alexhole for not showing...and I can imagine ed putting pressure on Dave not to show...
                                Ed and Alex were wrong for not going and if they got in Dave's ear that's wrong. But, if Dave listened to them well then oh well he blew it. He'll never be inducted for his solo work.

And BTW, Dave is a pussy too for going along with it, and especially for stating on his lame radio show that an ALL ORIGINAL LINEUP is the only way he would do a reunion...
                                Yep. Dave's a hypocrite.
                                Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

Working...