Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
      If I ask you nicely, will you post your boobies?

Then maybe it's sexy time?

Cheers! :bottle:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiWeqVYYI1c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiWeqVYYI1c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Nobody does it better, best Bond song, Carly Simon, Roger Moore was in the saddle.
        Spy who loved me............ fookin great
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Just 20 years ago, I don't think they would get away with that line any more.

My New Years resolution is to say "A woman?" in my best Roger voice any time one says anything in a meeting or so forth.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
            Didn't Eddie go on a rant about how it's not worth recording anything, anyways because his fans would; A) Just steal it and not buy it, and B) since we didn't love the awesome new tunes he did with Spammy on the '04 abortion tour.......we are not worthy of hearing anymore of his genius.

I can't blame Dave if he did record a new solo record and just do the oldies set with VH. At least that way he is giving the fans what they want.....new music.
            Ed also went on to say in that recent Guitar World interview the following:

I've got all kinds of music i could put out if i wanted to.
            People don't take in consideration the other guys in the band.

I write all kinds of music that certain singers or musicians don't want anything to do with.

So what do i do?
            VH conjures up a certain image, and if its a hair outside that image it won't be accepted.
            What singers and musicians is Edweird currently alleged to have a working relationship with..?

Al, Wolfie... and maybe Diamond Dave.

I smell the Michael Anthony Syndrom brewing again... The Van Halen's going off the radar. The living can only sit around doing nothing for so long. They strike up a project with former band members to fill the time while Ed fucks off... Bam... Another one bites the dust!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by standin

Woooah!!!!

Those are some FIIIINE boobies ye be sportin' thar, lass

Let me 'av a go at 'em, then.

*grope* *grope*

Oh, yeah!

Last edited by Anonymous; 01-20-2010, 10:35 AM. Reason: Removed the youtube from the quote.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                My New Years resolution is to say "A woman?" in my best Roger voice any time one says anything in a meeting or so forth.
                That ain't half a bad idea, sir...

Mind you, it might stop one from getting laid.

Ah, who cares? A good laff justifies everything.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

At this point a Roth solo album written with Johhny whatshisname would probably be better than a the three of them and Eddies child.

John 5 was involved in writing most of the best of the DLR Band album, Slam Dunk!, Blacklight, Counter-Blast, Little Texas, Wa Wa Zat!, Relentless and Weekend With the Babysitter.

All that let that album down was weak production, too many personnel and Roths vocals were a bit ropey. If they sort those things out then album for album its probably going to be better than anything the Van Halens could come up with at this stage.

If as seems likely, Roth only got to input the lyrics rather than what he used to do back in the day then how much better could you make something like 'Up for breakfast' sound. Not too shit?

I say he should go with this Johnny chap and say to the VH sisters he is only getting involved in a VH album if its a proper one and not some half baked Van Hagar reject album with him singing on it.

Cheers!

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

The tipping point in all of this is what (if anything) would EVH use as inspiration for writing new material? Perhaps a year of touring playing the old riffs might lead him back to the simplicity of the past in terms of writing, but you have to wonder exactly how much of it would serve as little more than going through the motions at this point. It's difficult for guys in their 50s to rekindle the past through much more than nostalgia, and even the greatest athletes lose the edge they once had in their youth. So if that is the case, I'd rather not hear any "new" stuff that was more or less an approximation of the past. That was the running theme of the dog and pony show known as the 2007/08 tour, wherein the flashes of true inspiration were few and far between. Yes, the effect is as comfortable as putting on an old sweater at times, but even that begins to chafe after a while.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The question of Ed having the inspiration to compose again is valid...

Odds are good 98% of his past creations were inspired by a straw up his nose, the bottom of a bottle and a carton of Winstons plus the hunger/drive of a young man...

All that's left is the smokes and rusty memories...

Maybe Wolfie can bring something to the table that can fire up the old men... Hopefully the boy has more drive than he displayed on-stage. But being Ed's son I'd have to think the nut didn't fall far from the tree...

Someone else suggested this but Ed should consider hawking clocks with no hands...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Agreed, especially if the majority of the stuff that he would come up with is a replica of the Hagarita era....

I would "hope" that's where Dave's input in the process would make a difference, but we shall see....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          The question of Ed having the inspiration to compose again is valid...

Odds are good 98% of his past creations were inspired by a straw up his nose, the bottom of a bottle and a carton of Winstons plus the hunger/drive of a young man...

All that's left is the smokes and rusty memories...

Maybe Wolfie can bring something to the table that can fire up the old men... Hopefully the boy has more drive than he displayed on-stage. But being Ed's son I'd have to think the nut didn't fall far from the tree...

Someone else suggested this but Ed should consider hawking clocks with no hands...
                          Well for starters....Wolf did get the band back together. I'm not sure if Jesus H. Christ could have pulled that off. I say lets lay in wait.

Any thoughts, Jesus?
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

I can see Mr. Roth producing an album...but...this is =VH= land...anything can happen...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• standin
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
                              Woooah!!!!

Those are some FIIIINE boobies ye be sportin' thar, lass

Let me 'av a go at 'em, then.

*grope* *grope*

Oh, yeah!

Hey! They are delicate! At least I think they are. Just be careful with them!

They are a might fine pair of Boobies aren't they. And just staring right at ya!
                              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• tod
                                Roadie
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                Depends on what Dave is recording with John, if thats really the case: DLR Band, or future VH song pitches for VH7.
                                I'll see John tonight at the Grammy Museum and ask him what's what.

Comment

Working...