X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DFVH5150
    Groupie
    • Apr 2004

First live bootleg video version of "Light Up the Sky!"

While we continue to wait and suffer for a new album from VH w/Dave (or anything for that matter), I came across something pretty phenomenal on the VH Links site that no one seemed to point out. In the Bootleg Forum last week someone posted a new, updated '79 Fresno show video...that includeds "LUTS!" Where the fuck did this come from?! It also includes "RWTD" from the show, then continues on with the bass solo, "On Fire," etc. where the original copy started. "LUTS" is definitely one of my favorite non-hits ever and I'm happy to see them actually play the thing!

YouTube - Van Halen (010 Redo) - 1) Light Up The Sky / Running With The Devil - Fresno 79.

Light 'em up!
    Last edited by DFVH5150; 03-21-2010, 10:38 PM. Reason: mistake
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Part II

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRBDnfW4zhk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tRBDnfW4zhk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Part III

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcgrLRF9UAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AcgrLRF9UAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Final Part

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/53gp-MGW1to&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/53gp-MGW1to&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• DFVH5150
          Groupie
          • Apr 2004

Oh, the first one includes a little bitta "SGMAD" too.
          Dave
          VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Killer. Love to see this footage professionally restored and edited together with the audo boot the filmer claims to be top notch...
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Top of their game, and one of my top 5 CVH tunes, thanks guys !!!
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Carloscda
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2009

And Sam thinks is was better than Dave?! WHATEVER

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

Very cool. Never seen a video of Light Up the Sky. Killer tune. Thanks for posting.
                  "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                    Sniper
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DFVH5150
                    While we continue to wait and suffer for a new album from VH w/Dave (or anything for that matter), I came across something pretty phenomenal on the VH Links site that no one seemed to point out. In the Bootleg Forum last week someone posted a new, updated '79 Fresno show video...that includeds "LUTS!" Where the fuck did this come from?! It also includes "RWTD" from the show, then continues on with the bass solo, "On Fire," etc. where the original copy started. "LUTS" is definitely one of my favorite non-hits ever and I'm happy to see them actually play the thing!

YouTube - Van Halen (010 Redo) - 1) Light Up The Sky / Running With The Devil - Fresno 79.

Light 'em up!
                    Thank you much for this! However this is one of the commonly found videos from the Fresno '79 gigs. You can find it on the Early Days I DVD, which is only available through trade or torrent (Thankfully, for free) so give a look. I have both TED DVDs so if anyone wants one... Hit me up.
                    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• DFVH5150
                      Groupie
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                      Thank you much for this! However this is one of the commonly found videos from the Fresno '79 gigs. You can find it on the Early Days I DVD, which is only available through trade or torrent (Thankfully, for free) so give a look. I have both TED DVDs so if anyone wants one... Hit me up.
                      Oh I know. I've had the '79 Fresno vid for about 15 years, but "LUTS/SGMAD/RWTD" were not on it. When did the longer version come out is what I was wondering.
                      Dave
                      VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DFVH5150
                        Oh I know. I've had the '79 Fresno vid for about 15 years, but "LUTS/SGMAD/RWTD" were not on it. When did the longer version come out is what I was wondering.
                        February 28, 2010, according to xxNatasha007xx, the fellow who owns and posted the footage. Click on his homepage at Youtube, he has all sorts of interesting stuff.

Some cool things have shown up at Youtube in the past couple of months, including some Atomic Punks footage. The problem is you have to wade chest-high through a bunch of Guitar Hero clips made in some dork's living room and some ghastly, utterly screechy Sammy Hagar fronted garbage to get to it.
                        Last edited by chefcraig; 03-22-2010, 11:15 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jero
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

What a killer band. Speechless.......

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I want to see Outta Love Again...

I have all of the audio from this show in much better quality...

BTW, these clips are going way too slow...

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

All Bullsh!t Asside, Muthas !!

Little things like those vids remind me why I am here.

Comment

Working...