While everybody else is making music, Van Halen is making MORE T-SHIRTS!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Well, not exactly. I mean, we all know you actually rule the Empire with an iron fist, but that is ok. We just humor you and call you Bueno Bob.

But back on topic......

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
      Well, not exactly. I mean, we all know you actually rule the Empire with an iron fist, but that is ok. We just humor you and call you Bueno Bob.

But back on topic......

Yeah, but did Ed's wife produce the film while he scored the soundtrack? That's the million dollar question.
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Good question. And did he use music from his 10 albums-worth of material? Or write new stuff for it?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Saw Van Halen "Whiskey a-go go" tees at Target today....

Shirts on the far upper left...

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

They are taking lessons at the feet of the master, Gene Simmons.

BRANDING

Speaking of which, it seems there is an entire industry now on customized branding irons. I bet you could order a custom VH branding iron. Surprised Gene Simmons has not already thought of one for Kiss.

Here...check this shit out:

Comment

• Hecubus
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Dude, =VH= while putting out the product, is no where near hitting Kiss sell out status...

My real question is where was the Tshirt made? What the fuck is with the upside down exclamation point?!?
              "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
              "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
              "Fuck you, Fluffy."
              "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
              "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
              "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
              "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
              "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
              "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Starwood
                Roadie
                • Jan 2004

Starwood has only one comment on this pic. THINK before you INK.
                Helping RothTards speak in the 3rd person since 2004!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Hecubus
                  Dude, =VH= while putting out the product, is no where near hitting Kiss sell out status...
                  True, but the fundamental difference is that while KISS has continued to be merchandising whores for many years, they have also continued to perform semi-regularly and recognize the needs of their fan base on some level.

Granted, it's been the "farewell tour" that seems to be ad infinitum, but they are performances nonetheless.

The same cannot be said for VH.
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

I just meant that in the absence of any new recordings, in the absence of any of the shows that FANS DEMAND on DVD (1978-1984), in the absence of any word at all directly from Howdy Doody Mountain, they are simply releasing other merchandise. T-shirts, shoes, guitars, stompboxes.

I mean, hell, it would not be so bad if they would at least cater to the fans wishes and release some DVDs. Look at the top selling rock bands? Iron Maiden for one, Kiss for another. They are releasing tons of content, which includes FULL REMASTERED CONCERTS from their early years.

Christ, Kiss has put out what, at least half a dozen or more shows as part of their "Kisstory" series? Iron Maiden started out with "The Early Years" which had 3 or 4 shows alone! Then the follow-up had the remasted Live After Death!

Since VH tours only very occasionally, and studio material is even more sporadic, it only makes sense to release other content on a musical level to keep the fans happy, even if it is only old shows.

In this particular case, a huge majority of fans want stuff from the classic lineup! (Which, by the way, includes bass player).

DAVE OR THE GRAVE, BABY!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

I don't even trust anything from Howdy Doody Mountain.

Now if their manager (Irving Azoff?) announces something, or tour dates are announced, I will believe it.

Otherwise, it is just the same old spEd who does not give a fuck about his fans.
                      “Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful.” John Wooden
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Kiss are whores? no way! I bought the Gene Simmons coffin for only $5000....Thats a fuckin steal! I hear Edwards coffin comes with him in it! Oooooh....boo hiss...yup I went there.
                        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                          Kiss are whores? no way! I bought the Gene Simmons coffin for only $5000....Thats a fuckin steal!
                          Not so fast. If you take the time to read the fine print of the sales contract, you'll discover that you (as the purchaser) are responsible for digging it up.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

I just meant that in the absence of any new recordings, in the absence of any of the shows that FANS DEMAND on DVD (1978-1984), in the absence of any word at all directly from Howdy Doody Mountain, they are simply releasing other merchandise. T-shirts, shoes, guitars, stompboxes.

I mean, hell, it would not be so bad if they would at least cater to the fans wishes and release some DVDs. Look at the top selling rock bands? Iron Maiden for one, Kiss for another. They are releasing tons of content, which includes FULL REMASTERED CONCERTS from their early years.

Christ, Kiss has put out what, at least half a dozen or more shows as part of their "Kisstory" series? Iron Maiden started out with "The Early Years" which had 3 or 4 shows alone! Then the follow-up had the remasted Live After Death!

Since VH tours only very occasionally, and studio material is even more sporadic, it only makes sense to release other content on a musical level to keep the fans happy, even if it is only old shows.

In this particular case, a huge majority of fans want stuff from the classic lineup! (Which, by the way, includes bass player).

DAVE OR THE GRAVE, BABY!
                            It really is baffling as to how VH year after year fails to get 'dem vaults cleaned out and released for the fans to purchase.

I dunno if it has to do with Ed and his fucked up sense of logic, or some kind of legal logjam over ownership rights...

I honestly think if WB flat-out had the rights to the material and were free to release it as they pleased, they would have by now, with or without the consent of the Van Halens.

I mean, in a lot of ways Simmons is a greedy, charmless fucker. HOWEVER, to his and Stanley's credit they aren't intimidated by their past to the point where they let it interfere with getting their classic footage out there for sale. I have to imagine Ed doesn't even want to LOOK OR LISTEN to vaulted CVH material, because it would only confrim in explicit terms what he may only suspect at present regarding just how much time he's wasted and how his own bad habits have eroded his talents and abilities.

Dunno about the rest of you, but if a scenario were put to me that either a) Ed, Dave, Al and Wolfie and/or Mike hit the road for another greatest hits tour or b) the CVH vaults get cleaned up and released, I'd honestly rather have the latter.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Not so fast. If you take the time to read the fine print of the sales contract, you'll discover that you (as the purchaser) are responsible for digging it up.
                              lol shit....really? figures....fkn Gene...
                              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                                It really is baffling as to how VH year after year fails to get 'dem vaults cleaned out and released for the fans to purchase.

I dunno if it has to do with Ed and his fucked up sense of logic, or some kind of legal logjam over ownership rights...

I mean, in a lot of ways Simmons is a greedy, charmless fucker. HOWEVER, to his and Stanley's credit they aren't intimidated by their past to the point where they let it interfere with getting their classic footage out there for sale. I have to imagine Ed doesn't even want to LOOK OR LISTEN to vaulted CVH material, because it would only confrim in explicit terms what he may only suspect at present regarding just how much time he's wasted and how his own bad habits have eroded his talents and abilities.

Dunno about the rest of you, but if a scenario were put to me that either a) Ed, Dave, Al and Wolfie and/or Mike hit the road for another greatest hits tour or b) the CVH vaults get cleaned up and released, I'd honestly rather have the latter.
                                I honestly dont think Paul has any say in the KISS material.

I also think Edward is somewhat "embarrassed" with the vault materail. I recall Alex saying "its unreleased for a reason". Im guessing they don't feel its "worthy" of any kind of release. Maybe Dave and Wolf will push for it? Im sure dave has mentioned something to them about it by now? Same with WB.

Also, is VH under a WB contract? or are they going to release under their own deal?

But I do agree with ya, Id rather an album (new material maybe with ONE cover tune) and a second cd of previously unreleased material and perhaps as a nice Xmas bonus for us, a live DVD of their recent tour or an old 81 tour. fuck a new tour. gimme new tunes! Fuckn six albums in 30 yrs??? jesus...

Comment

Working...