Who has the louder guitar Ed VH or Steve Vai?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

I never liked Steve Vai's tone. Ed's tone is a lot warmer and has more character to it. Vai always sounded too shrill for me. Nothing against the guy, he's a great player but missing that elusive magic Van Halen has and to his credit, Steve Vai admitted this.
    Steve Vai always sounded shit on any CVH covers...

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

To get back on topic, ANY Martin D28 will sound WAY louder than ANY of spEd's guitars.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

The only two things that make a guitar louder are the amps and/or how hard you strum the strings. A guitar body, picks, strings, knobs and other items HAVE NO SIGNIFICANCE ON THE VOLUME OF THE GUITAR! Jesus fuckin H Christ, is it that hard for people nowadays to get off there ass, go to a guitar store or find someone with a guitar and find out firsthand what makes it loud?

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ruprecht
          Have you ever used a wah wad pedal like geezer b?
          chicks love it
          I use a volume peddle with the Dual Showman to control the amount that amp brings into the mix.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

The rupe didn't like Ed's tone on the last tour as his guitar was way too trebly, but then i couldn't really hear the bass,
            Ed's new amp's have a lot of high gain options. Ed seems to be going for gain up the ass and it ruins the warmth of his tone. You can the old tone on the Wolfgand and 5150 III amps. They do it quite well but Ed's running the high gain pre amp on 7 and I don't like the sound either.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I am not talking about amps. Bozo there wondered who's guitar was louder.
              Never mind that he did not mention a specific one, but he seems to be talking about electric guitars. Hell, my Japanese Sigma acoustic is louder than any of spEd or Steve's electrics.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Ed's new amp's have a lot of high gain options. Ed seems to be going for gain up the ass and it ruins the warmth of his tone. You can the old tone on the Wolfgand and 5150 III amps. They do it quite well but Ed's running the high gain pre amp on 7 and I don't like the sound either.
                So fucking true. When one has deminished skills, one tends to rely on gain saturation to mask one's inabilities. Just ask Gar...

Ed's tone on the last tour sounded like a gain max'd Peavey Bandit.
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  So fucking true. When one has deminished skills, one tends to rely on gain saturation to mask one's inabilities. Just ask Gar...

You mean GAR has to clean toilets using more Tidy Bowl than he did in his youth during the 1970s?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi

Ed's tone on the last tour sounded like a gain max'd Peavey Bandit.
                    My main amp is a Peavey 5150 II and I rarely use the LEAD channel. It's fun to fuck with all the gain but I like the warmer traditional tone of the Rhythm channel with the crunch button pushed in. With a good speaker cab, good tubes, a warm bias and good pickups I can find classic VH in there with some tweaking. Then I hit the channel switch button and add a few gain stages and it all goes to hell.

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      You mean GAR has to clean toilets using more Tidy Bowl than he did in his youth during the 1970s?
                      I need you to check the batteries in my pedals.. you know, the old tongue test - on the terminals?

Then you gotta do the old amp output test.. you know, the old tongue test - on the speaker cord terminals?

Comment

• Ruprecht
                        Roadie
                        • Jul 2010

I used to play a stylophone through my amp and put it through the wah wad pedal, sounds frickin' weird.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

i don't think you did
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Ruprecht
                            Roadie
                            • Jul 2010

if you put the wand on your tongue and wet your finger you can play thekeyboard with your finger!
                            it also works if you put spit on the wand and insert it up your bum then use your finger to play the keyboard with. Try it, It really does work!
                            The ruper hasn't done it since the court case though.

Comment

• Ruprecht
                              Roadie
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              I am not talking about amps. Bozo there wondered who's guitar was louder.
                              Never mind that he did not mention a specific one, but he seems to be talking about electric guitars. Hell, my Japanese Sigma acoustic is louder than any of spEd or Steve's electrics.
                              hey there hardster i aint your bozo,
                              we are on the same side here [roth bros]
                              btw you may have got some of your guitar story wrong cos from what i see the more expensive the guitar the louder it is.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

I used to play a stylophone through my amp and put it through the wah wad pedal, sounds frickin' weird.
                                When the Stylophone was first marketed, ads appeared claiming that David Bowie had used one on "Space Oddity". But if you look closely at the ad, the strangely misleading font used could also be interpreted that he played saxophone.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...