X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    BUT in fairness I think Ed & Al would like THIS Van Halen to be more "mature"?
    In all fairness, DAVE should've started doing a more mature show YEARS ago.

It's one thing when a 25-30 something guy threatens to fuck some guy's girlfriend... it's another thing entirely when he's over 40 muchos. That's just fuckin' creepy.

Bottom line is, Dave still has a lot to give the entertainment game. But even if he still can pull of a few hip swivels & a wink at some babe in the audience, he's not 25 any more. The randy teenager/young adult must give way to the suave, experienced mature guy.

It's no shame in getting old & it doesn't stop you from doing what you always did. You just gotta do it differently.

For an even more extreme example, let's say you're around 28, like me. You're too fuckin' old to go runnin' off all excited & screamin' at the top of your lungs in the middle of the afternoon whenever you see a swing, a slide or a teeter totter. But let's say it's deep night & you add a few drinks to the equation & you can wander off nonchalantly to all three & have the time of your fuckin' life.

People KNOW that you're drunk & doing something stupid, but it's harmless & you're having fun, so they'll just smile & shake their heads, but they won't call you a creepy fucker that's in the middle of the playground with all the kids in the afternoon.

Act your age & you'll never be old.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Carloscda
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2009

Well with the boots, internet & cell phone video we now know this but back in the day unless you went to every show you wouldn't.

I used to get Circus magazine whenever they had VH on the cover & I never remember reading any complaints about Dave repeating the same stories.

And on a side note listening to the boots, they did more improve during the tunes vs the solos?!
      Last edited by Carloscda; 08-17-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
        In all fairness, DAVE should've started doing a more mature show YEARS ago.

It's one thing when a 25-30 something guy threatens to fuck some guy's girlfriend... it's another thing entirely when he's over 40 muchos. That's just fuckin' creepy.

Bottom line is, Dave still has a lot to give the entertainment game. But even if he still can pull of a few hip swivels & a wink at some babe in the audience, he's not 25 any more. The randy teenager/young adult must give way to the suave, experienced mature guy.

It's no shame in getting old & it doesn't stop you from doing what you always did. You just gotta do it differently.

For an even more extreme example, let's say you're around 28, like me.

Cheers! :bottle:
        i dunno man... Im 39 and my g/f is 21. She acts more mature... Until she gets in bed. THEN I feel old! lol Yeah man...She wants to go 4 or 5 times... I screw maybe 3 times and I need a break in between! =OLD.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

I'll tell you what is scary..... think about what effect the song and video for Jump had on the music industry for VH's genre of music and what it set in motion on MTV in the way of videos to come. What Van Halen captured in that moment was timeless and its "influence on the scene" was incredible.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...