X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
    Really Dave simply reiterated what the recent press release said. I don't think this can put him on the shit list with the brothers for "leaking" info - and it lends some more credibility to the release.
    I'm not trying to be a wise-ass here, but exactly what "press-release" are you referring to? The last "official" statement offered from the band's PR outfit was a mention of good tidings offered for the coming year of 2010. OBVIOUS LINK

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• devildawg
      Full On Cocktard
      • Feb 2006

Now what the man should have done was to offer his wife to Dave for the day/night with the condition of a first class interview with regards to the latest and greatest happenings with VH.
      This way all of you "worshippers" could have had your VH orgasms over and over again with some real news as to what is really happening in the VH camp.

My wife would have kicked my ass if I had made such a proposal. (she likes Hagar Smagar).:tongue0011:

Comment

• vh rides again
        Commando
        • Dec 2006

Last edited by vh rides again; 09-11-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
          I'm not trying to be a wise-ass here, but exactly what "press-release" are you referring to? The last "official" statement offered from the band's PR outfit was a mention of good tidings offered for the coming year of 2010. OBVIOUS LINK

From Blabbermouth.net

According to The Pulse of Radio, a VAN HALEN fan named Doug Lyle posted a report at the Van Halen News Desk web site in which he said that in a chance encounter last weekend, frontman David Lee Roth told him that "You'll be hearing from (VAN HALEN) in the next seven to eight months." Lyle wrote that he met up with Roth on Sunday, September 5 at, of all things, the 145th annual Scottish Gathering & Games in Pleasanton, California, where Roth apparently had a dog competing in the event's sheepdog trials.

Lyle wrote that he recognized Roth by the sound of his voice and that the singer was sporting "a dark goatee" and wearing "a hat, sunglasses, cargo pants, a San Francisco Caledonian Club T-shirt, and what looked like wool socks."

Lyle confirmed that it was Roth when he saw the singer's name on a board listing all the dogs and their owners. He approached the singer, who was friendly, confirmed who he was and posed for a picture (see below).

Recent rumors have indicated that a new VAN HALEN album was in the works, with the band's music publishing company noting in a press release last month that the band is "currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

The new album would be the first with Roth on the mic since 1983 and first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III".

VAN HALEN's 2008 reunion tour with Roth grossed more than $93 million and drew nearly one million fans to 74 shows.
          Last edited by Sensible Shoes; 09-11-2010, 02:14 PM.

Oh dear.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by devildawg
            My wife would have kicked my ass if I had made such a proposal. (she likes Hagar Smagar).
            I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this "wife" has kicked his ass before and will do so again soon after she reads this.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
              From Blabbermouth.net
              Recent rumors have indicated that a new VAN HALEN album was in the works, with the band's music publishing company noting in a press release last month that the band is "currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

The new album would be the first with Roth on the mic since 1983 and first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III"...

Oh, OK. My mistake, as I thought you were referring to something other than the amateurishly composed press blurb offered by Warner/Chappell Music. I still have the impression the company issued that little item to give some credence to signing the agreement with the two brothers to continue administrating the band's catalogue, which otherwise would have lead people to offer up a resounding "So what, they're toast" at the news.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• devildawg
                Full On Cocktard
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by GAR
                I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this "wife" has kicked his ass before and will do so again soon after she reads this.
                LOL Me and the wife had a good laugh at your quote GAR.

Uh....whats that????

Crap, I have to get off the computer...Im about to get my ass handed to me again.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

If I hadn't been on the lookout for Firstwife these past 30 years, guys like you wouldn't get to marry my defrocked seconds.

Comment

• devildawg
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by GAR
                    If I hadn't been on the lookout for Firstwife these past 30 years, guys like you wouldn't get to marry my defrocked seconds.
                    Oh, ok.:confused:
                    Last edited by devildawg; 09-12-2010, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      Oh, OK. My mistake, as I thought you were referring to something other than the amateurishly composed press blurb offered by Warner/Chappell Music. I still have the impression the company issued that little item to give some credence to signing the agreement with the two brothers to continue administrating the band's catalogue, which otherwise would have lead people to offer up a resounding "So what, they're toast" at the news.
                      Quite possible. In any case, since others put it out there first, the sisters can't really go ballistic on Dave for repeating the info - and who would have thought that dlyle's story would go as far as it did.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

"ah yes, the rusty pipes."

Cool story!

PS. all these years of false being an asshole, leaving VH to make movies, solo career, gay rumors...in real life, he just wanted to breed dogs 24/7 while VH brothers were more into chimpanzees and siamese cats.

I've also heard rumours about Dave getting pissed off on VH because Alex thought Siberian Husky was a beer company
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• gioiadidonato
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Sep 2010

OMG !! That has to rate as the highlight of your year!!!!!!!!!! Especially bc it was so laid-back, casual and in a real life scenario ....you are privileged!

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                            I've also heard rumours about Dave getting pissed off on VH because Alex thought Siberian Husky was a beer company
                            Bravo, sir...
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hmmm Dave at a dog show... ranks right up there with Ed at a golf course... Mike at Disney Land... and Alex at a shopping mall. Wooo Hooo!!
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Golden AWe
                                "ah yes, the rusty pipes."
                                Ebonics:

Van Halen haz no way b’in doin' sheeit !!

Comment

Working...